Scofflaw

How to handle close encounters?

Afternoon gents,

I've had a busy few hours in Berezino.  I must have killed a good 10 people so far, maybe 50% of them had guns.  I've killed a bunch of fresh spawns, but it seems to me like they're not looking for help from me.  I spotted a fresh spawn nearby, told him I wasn't going to shoot him, lost sight of him, then next thing I know he's running towards me full speed.  I shot him twice in the chest.  I've had a steady stream of fresh spawns run towards me, one managed to knock me out with his fists before he died from my shots (a little desync on both our ends I imagine?).

I don't consider myself a bandit or hero; I only usually shoot armed people, and don't bother looting them since I aim for the chest to be safe.  People on this forum complain a lot about KOSers, so how do those people handle these close encounters?

Why wouldn't you shoot a fresh spawn unless he's far away or running in the opposite direction?

You don't shoot a fresh spawn because they can barely do anything to you. All they have are fists. Unless they are trying to kill you, there is no point to shoot them. It's considered a nooby thing to kill freshies. If for some reason, the freshy power is too strong for you, try wearing a ballistic helmet.

You don't shoot a fresh spawn because they can barely do anything to you. All they have are fists. Unless they are trying to kill you, there is no point to shoot them. It's considered a nooby thing to kill freshies. If for some reason, the freshy power is too strong for you, try wearing a ballistic helmet.

Don't listen to this guy..

If it runs at you with its fists up..

Shoot it..

If it looks at you the wrong way..

Shoot it...

Hell just shoot em all and let god sort em out.

• Like 7

I got knocked out by one.  I was on a rooftop, and he basically appeared there.  I shot him 5 times in the chest, then saw "you an unconscious".  When I came to, he was dead in front of me.

My question was : how much do you trust a fresh spawn running up to you?

A fresh spawn running up to you deserves to be shot.

Edited by brazorf

sawed off shotty.

thats it.

as long as the sawed of shotty is.

I got knocked out by one.  I was on a rooftop, and he basically appeared there.  I shot him 5 times in the chest, then saw "you an unconscious".  When I came to, he was dead in front of me.

Listen to Massacre.

If it moves, it is a threat... shoot it

Fresh spawns are more dangerous than kitted players as they have absolutely nothing to lose. You tell them to run away and they hide behind a wall waiting for their opportunity, don't give them that opportunity.

• Like 1

I personally do not shoot any fresh spawns...It is a waste of ammunition. Of course, if they have fists out walking towards me after I told them to put them up, I shoot. 

Aside from that, in my opinion, anyone who shoots someone who is a new spawn is too incompetent to handle themselves around geared enemies, so they take their frustration out on freshies. 

• Like 1

Then I am the BIGGEST "nooby" ever! :3

Shotgun blast to the legs. Freshie is no longer a threat and won't respawn wanting revenge for a while.

I don't actively hunt fresh spawns but I feel no guilt in turning one into bloody pulp in a dangerous situation or area. I don't care how friendly they are, fresh spawn in a combat zone with a lot of corpses is as big a threat as a tooled up army wannabe.

• Like 1

The only bambi you should not shoot is the 1 you run up on. If its the other way around its way too sketchy for dayz.. fire away!!!

Then I am the BIGGEST "nooby" ever! :3

I am curious as to why your name, and profile picture are of Rick Grimes? Seeing what you say on here, you are clearly Shane at best...and he is dead. :)

• Like 2

Shotgun blast to the legs. Freshie is no longer a threat and won't respawn wanting revenge for a while.

I don't actively hunt fresh spawns but I feel no guilt in turning one into bloody pulp in a dangerous situation or area. I don't care how friendly they are, fresh spawn in a combat zone with a lot of corpses is as big a threat as a tooled up army wannabe.

The revenge-seeking freshies are my concern.  One geared guy was hiding behind some cover, aware of my position, then a fresh spawn ran up to him and punched him out.  I saw the freshie stand up with his new gear and I shot him down.  The originally geared guy woke up, took his stuff back, aimed at me, and I killed him too.  After that point, I had a bunch of fresh spawns keep running towards me.  This one person using an asian female model in bright clothing kept yelling something at me and coming back each time I shot him/her.

The only bambi you should not shoot is the 1 you run up on. If its the other way around its way too sketchy for dayz.. fire away!!!

I bet fresh spawns run towards armed people, get shot, then come here and whine about KOSers.. :)

• Like 1

Paint the walls red with shotgun pellets all over the place or pray n' spray with an M4A1+CQB Buttstock+RIS handguard+60 bullet STANAG mag.

YES I KNOW IT'S COUPLED DAMMIT.

Just don't use the ACOG scope for it, god no.

Edited by Bambi Population Control

I bet fresh spawns run towards armed people, get shot, then come here and whine about KOSers.. :)

If they don't understand that running full sprint towards someone they don't know is bad.. then I have no idea how they found the forums or even know what KOS means. :P  

I personally do not shoot any fresh spawns...It is a waste of ammunition. Of course, if they have fists out walking towards me after I told them to put them up, I shoot. 

Aside from that, in my opinion, anyone who shoots someone who is a new spawn is too incompetent to handle themselves around geared enemies, so they take their frustration out on freshies. 

LOL, waste of ammo? Are you even playing the same game. Ammo is plentiful, it is very rare that I am running round with anything less than 600 rounds. Waste of ammo, that's gold.

LOL, waste of ammo? Are you even playing the same game. Ammo is plentiful, it is very rare that I am running round with anything less than 600 rounds. Waste of ammo, that's gold.

I do not spend hours looting up airfields..I loot up in 20 minutes, and look for fun encounters with people.  We just play the game differently is all...Oh, and I do not server hop...the only way you are amassing that amount of ammo without spending 4+ hours doing so, is by hopping servers.

• Like 1

From fresh spawn to 4-600 rounds of 5.56 takes around 2 hours if I spawn at 3 valleys. I only play full servers as well and that is assuming I don't murder anyone on the way. Gearing up is much faster then.

I am curious as to why your name, and profile picture are of Rick Grimes? Seeing what you say on here, you are clearly Shane at best...and he is dead. :)

Grimey Rick does what Rick Grimes can't. Kills innocents, hate-fucked Lori while she was still alive, and beats the shit out of Carl on a regular basis.

• Like 2

Grimey Rick does what Rick Grimes can't. Kills innocents, hate-fucked Lori while she was still alive, and beats the shit out of Carl on a regular basis.

That escalated quickly..

I do not spend hours looting up airfields..I loot up in 20 minutes, and look for fun encounters with people.  We just play the game differently is all...Oh, and I do not server hop...the only way you are amassing that amount of ammo without spending 4+ hours doing so, is by hopping servers.

LOL, think again sunshine. I get it from the bodies of the dead. Server hopping takes far too much time and TBH is far too much work. 

I love how your points are so weak that you have to keep belittling other people just to give you any sort of resemblance of credibility.

Edited by NexVentor

lol.. nice

Why wouldn't you shoot a fresh spawn unless he's far away or running in the opposite direction?

Because you just killed him and he is going back for his gear.

I love how your points are so weak that you have to keep belittling other people just to give you any sort of resemblance of credibility.

You just belittled someone, who you believe is a be-littler, because of his belittling? Marinate.

I was simply giving my opinion on the people who do this, I could be very wrong about it, who knows...but it is still my stance.  If you did not agree...a simple I do not agree would have sufficed, and then you could have given an intelligent counter point on the topic.