Sign in to follow this  
wud

Would this be possible for DayZ ?

- We know that the devs are working on physics.

- We know they are working on vehicles.

But.

What i ask myself, since i love the Mod 2 years now,is 

THIS

possible to realize with dayZ´s RV-engine ?

I know, they will have plenty to do with Bullet/ragdoll/etc.

I am just curious if it would be possible to integrate something without too much client/server-problems.

Except for problems with licence,integration,etc.

i imagine it must be amazing to ride through Chernarus like that.

Rolling down Klen on a Bike and feeling like Evel Knievel -_-

and crash into a Tree, flying through air with metalparts all around me.. ..

-_-

"You are unconscious"

Edited by dawud

Well you know what they say.

"To make apple pie from scratch. First you must create the Universe."

I remember that video. A while back it was discussed whether it would be possible.

I highly doubt that it'll be possible the way you see it in there, but ARMA 3 does have the NVIDIA PHYSX.

There is SOOO much development already into Beam.NG to get it to a somewhat playable though not fleshed out state.

Lets just say don't hold your breath.

Sorry, but there is no way the RV can do that while playing online without delaying game release A LOT, and if it is implemented, the animation will be buggy as shit.

BeamNG is awesome. We might get this type of physics in Dayz, let's say... 2020?
(Why on earth doesn't anyone use this method to model player damage? Soldier of fortune, anyone? That would be so sick.)  :D 

I have like 30 fps when playing BeamNG so the CPU calculation behind all those amazing physics is too much for a MMO game. Wont be able to handle this plus everything else ingame.

• Like 1

I have like 30 fps when playing BeamNG so the CPU calculation behind all those amazing physics is too much for a MMO game. Wont be able to handle this plus everything else ingame.

Exactly.

Give it some time.  Just having vehicles would totally transform this alpha.  I can predict with 100% accuracy that when they add vehicles, there will be bugs with it.

Remember when there was no falling damage?  Fun times...

- We know that the devs are working on physics.

- We know they are working on vehicles.

But.

What i ask myself, since i love the Mod 2 years now,is 

THIS

possible to realize with dayZ´s RV-engine ?

I know, they will have plenty to do with Bullet/ragdoll/etc.

I am just curious if it would be possible to integrate something without too much client/server-problems.

Except for problems with licence,integration,etc.

i imagine it must be amazing to ride through Chernarus like that.

Rolling down Klen on a Bike and feeling like Evel Knievel -_-

and crash into a Tree, flying through air with metalparts all around me.. ..

-_-

"You are unconscious"

I think its possible, i dont think it should be done. The focus of DayZ in my opinion should be on survival against the elements, zombies, and other players in a hostile post apocalyptic Russian themed country. 

The realism that the game uses to achieve the ends dictate the framework and boundary of the game. To design a game well you need to know when to not do something just for the sake of doing it. For example they could scan the entire known world, and make the game that big. Difficult? Absolutely! Possible, most likely! However it would not help the 'focus' of the game. 

Car wrecks? Flips? damage to parts? probably going to happen. Crash simulation including numerous forces? Probably not. It would not significantly enrich the game, about survival against the environment, players, and zombies, to have your car wrecks cooler. The amount of work involved would not yeild enough benefit to the focus.

The last thing I read on reddit was about the vehicles acting like the ones in GTA IV, that kinda physics for them, but I'm sure we have a really long way until then

I think it'll be awhile before we see that detailed damage models on vehicles in ANY game really.

You MIGHT get rigidbodies and the stuff along those lines at some stage WAY into the future, but soft body physics like in the vid? I highly doubt it, not without rebuilding the engine from scratch I would think

We'll never see anything like Beam.NG in DayZ.  There's simply no need for that level of vehicle physics in a game like this.

Besides, most people can't run more than a few vehicles on a Beam.NG map without serious performance issues.