Sign in to follow this  
nl

11 sodas - still not fully hydrated

That's a bit weird, I am hydrated (and fully energized / healthy) but not to the fullest level and I drink 11 cans of soda and am still not fully hydrated...that is over 3.5 liters of moisture, more than what an active grown man in a moderate climate would need to drink in an entire day...

Dunno about you, but I never feel hydrated after soda, I feel even more thirsty.

• Like 3

Soda give more energy than they do hydration levels - find a pond/stream, they are everywhere!

Hmmm if you have the "healthy" status....logic dictates you are both energised and hydrated....id chalk this up to a bug maybe? Like the one where you don't see the"healing" or "healthy" status even though colour is returning to the screen :) 

This is a video game.. people realize that right?

:|

Dunno about you, but I never feel hydrated after soda, I feel even more thirsty.

Well I'm assuming the hydrated status says something about the state of your body, not how you feel. After 3.5 litres of liquid I think my body would be well hydrated.

Soda give more energy than they do hydration levels - find a pond/stream, they are everywhere!

That's what I normally do but in this case I was camping on a cliff observing Svetlo for bandits through my binos. No water in the area so I used my sodas.

Well I'm assuming the hydrated status says something about the state of your body, not how you feel. After 3.5 litres of liquid I think my body would be well hydrated.

Im not an expert, but that amount of sugar wouldnt hydrate you much?

This is a video game.. people realize that right?

:|

You do realize devs try to approach realism as much as possible right?

It's only feedback to the devs, it's why we play the game in alpha stage, you do realize that right?

Im not an expert, but that amount of sugar wouldnt hydrate you much?

I'm no doctor either but sodas consist mostly of water, sugar won't somehow block your cells to absorb water all of a sudden (I think).

I'm no doctor either but sodas consist mostly of water, sugar won't somehow block your cells to absorb water all of a sudden (I t

Check the internet, soft drinks dont hydrate you, they might even dehydrate in large amounts.

Check the internet, soft drinks dont hydrate you, they might even dehydrate in large amounts.

Hmm, I did a quick search and it seems there a lot of opinions and myths about sodas not hydrating your body.

I also found this link and for me this seems only logical:

http://exerciseandnutritionworks.com/2012/01/do-coffee-tea-and-soda-hydrate-or-dehydrate/

"other beverages… don’t count towards your daily water consumption goal. "

Not true, say researchers at the Center for Human Nutrition in Omaha. They ought to know. They put a dozen and a half men in their 20s and 30s on various fluid regimens: water only; equal amounts of water and caffeinated soda; or water, caffeinated soda, and coffee. Then they tested urine and blood to check their hydration status. The result: The volunteers remained in the same state of hydration no matter which beverages they drank!

But I guess more importantly the sodas in the game are there to hydrate you (well that's what I assume) but seem to do so in a very unrealistic way. I'd rather find way less soda cans that will hydrate you than many cans that hardly hydrate you.

Edited by SAK

That's what I normally do but in this case I was camping on a cliff observing Svetlo for bandits through my binos. No water in the area so I used my sodas.

Carry a canteen/bottle, collect it when it rains!

Carry a canteen/bottle, collect it when it rains!

I do carry those but always save them till last. Refilling with rain is nice (if it rains) but with 1% water per command it will take me 100 commands to fill it up. I will only do that in an emergency, like having broken legs, otherwise I will simply find a pond or well.

Anyhow, it's not the point of this topic. It's about how sodas don't hydrate you in a realistic way, not about ways to stay hydrated in the game.

Anyhow, it's not the point of this topic. It's about how sodas don't hydrate you in a realistic way, not about ways to stay hydrated in the game.

True - from my own experience I do believe sodas hydrate you to some extend. I have add my hydrated status back to full after drinking a few before. Maybe you were really down

True - from my own experience I do believe sodas hydrate you to some extend. I have add my hydrated status back to full after drinking a few before. Maybe you were really down

Well maybe but as I said I was hydrated but in dark green and not light green status. Still after 11 sodas not fully hydrated.

Funny thing is I drank until stuffed (and light green hydrated) from a pond before on a different server, logged off almost immediately and about 20 mins later joined again.

I believe you lose some hydration when logging on again mimicking time gone by but I still think it is weird.

It's a video game. 

It's not like I die from starvation in real life from not eating for 2 hours, like I do in game

It's a video game. 

It's not like I die from starvation in real life from not eating for 2 hours, like I do in game

sigh...

Well maybe but as I said I was hydrated but in dark green and not light green status. Still after 11 sodas not fully hydrated.

Funny thing is I drank until stuffed (and light green hydrated) from a pond before on a different server, logged off almost immediately and about 20 mins later joined again.

I believe you lose some hydration when logging on again mimicking time gone by but I still think it is weird.

I think a bug is most likely explanation in this case.

I think a bug is most likely explanation in this case.

yeah maybe you are right.