Grimey Rick

So how much of a thrill do you cheaters get when playing DayZ?

As a server owner, I would just like to see a way to identify suspect players. No way to tell who the assclown is, even if I am among those who he kills.

As it is now, I have no alternative other than to shut the server off and force them to migrate elsewhere with their shenaniganery.

I imagine that can be extremely annoying when you pay a high amount for your server as well.

I remember they said the SA wouldn't have the same problem with hackers as the mod....

Hacking is one of the reasons I'm taking a break from DayZ. I'm yet to actually run into any, but I feel as though constantly running into hackers is something that'd make me less willing to play the game in the future. Plus it's nice to wait a couple of updates to play with the new features.

Don't listen to the scare stories brother, I actually pity hackers as they feel that they have to cheat to compete. If you are unlucky enough to run into one, just remember they are the scared ones, jealously killing real players cos they don't have the balls to play fair.

People talk about hackers like they should be feared, when they are actually the weakest players on the server. Can you imagine actually playing Dayz as a hacker? I can think of nothing that would bore me more.

Don't listen to the scare stories brother, I actually pity hackers as they feel that they have to cheat to compete. If you are unlucky enough to run into one, just remember they are the scared ones, jealously killing real players cos they don't have the balls to play fair.

People talk about hackers like they should be feared, when they are actually the weakest players on the server. Can you imagine actually playing Dayz as a hacker? I can think of nothing that would bore me more.

This is actually somewhat true. I've killed quite a few cheaters when they overextend themselves. My experience is that 90% of the time, they'll use a Mosin since it seems to have the ability to penetrate through certain walls. I've noticed that if you just put your gun away and fist-pump your ass out of wherever it is you're pinned down, they have a hard time hitting you. I am assuming there are no aim bots as I've never been hit while doing this. When I get a fair distance ahead of them, while still in the open, I'll pull a 180, bring out my gun and just go toe-to-toe with them. I find this strategy works the best against them as they have no way to take advantage of the fact that they can blast you through the wall. And like you said, they generally have really shitty aim.

It's the times when you don't know they're there that pisses me off. My friends and I will pick a jail on an airfield and camp it to force some confrontation from time to time. We'll be sitting there shootin' the shit just waiting for someone to come along and BLAM!, one of us face plants. That's what pisses me off. :3

surely none but then again these folks are a different breed from the rest of us am happy for all sorts of pvp and shitty deaths but cheating just plain sucks these sorta folk should just buy a bag of rice and start counting it

• Like 1

This is actually somewhat true. I've killed quite a few cheaters when they overextend themselves. My experience is that 90% of the time, they'll use a Mosin since it seems to have the ability to penetrate through certain walls. I've noticed that if you just put your gun away and fist-pump your ass out of wherever it is you're pinned down, they have a hard time hitting you. I am assuming there are no aim bots as I've never been hit while doing this. When I get a fair distance ahead of them, while still in the open, I'll pull a 180, bring out my gun and just go toe-to-toe with them. I find this strategy works the best against them as they have no way to take advantage of the fact that they can blast you through the wall. And like you said, they generally have really shitty aim.

It's the times when you don't know they're there that pisses me off. My friends and I will pick a jail on an airfield and camp it to force some confrontation from time to time. We'll be sitting there shootin' the shit just waiting for someone to come along and BLAM!, one of us face plants. That's what pisses me off. :3

To be honest Grimey one, I went back to the mod. Hackers are hackers though, and when I encounter one on the mod I just see them as a bug, I don't even interact with them. Whats the point? I just play as normal, as if they aren't there. Why give cheats the time of day? If they kill me so be it, just like you can die from not walking down steps correctly, you may bump into a cheat. Just take a deep breath and get on with it, that's what I preach!

I have 101 hours. im playing Red Orchestra 2 constantly now (117 hours). DayZ is just....empty....

I have 101 hours. im playing Red Orchestra 2 constantly now (117 hours). DayZ is just....empty....

I'm on 24 hours, and I find myself popping meds after a 20 minute session on dayz. RO2 is a beauty. However I've been abusing crusader kings 2 with some friends 

every fully geared me and my squad kill in berezino has endless M4 ammo mag's!                      

WTF IS HAPPENING ???

ist magazines with like 40000 rounds in it!  WHAT IS THIS ?!?

Edited by brumey

Good work on the 900 hours.

I decided to make things interesting for myself.

On my Regular character I am now only rocking a stab proof vest, hunting pack, all black clothes (yes I have the riders leather jacket) and the Colt Python .357 with a ton of speed loaders!!

I have in my back pack my press vest and am looking to gift it to someone in the near future.

Good work on the 900 hours.

On my Regular character I am now only rocking a stab proof vest, hunting pack, all black clothes (yes I have the riders leather jacket) and the Colt Python .357 with a ton of speed loaders!!

I have in my back pack my press vest and am looking to gift it to someone in the near future.

That sounds cool, maybe I'll do that sometime. I love the revolver. Right now I'm sporting an ashwood bow. I've been stalking people around the outskirts of Berezino as they travel to and from the airfield. I'm done going remotely near airfields until the next ban wave. =)

Edited by Grimey Rick

Your not alone, the main building I find people use to glitch in is the prison at any air field. Not sure how they do it but they get into the wall and under the floor. So once under the floor they just pop up and start shooting. The dev team really needs to fix these issues because this is what makes dayz suck.

Right now I'm sporting an ashwood bow.

So...so...you CAN actually shoot with the bow?

It takes same arrows as the one for crossbow?  

YOU MUST ANSWER THIS  :D

And gratz on so many hours. Im on 216 only, but I guess that having family and 3 year old kid, can be used as "excuse" not to play :-).

EDIT: wish the hackers & cheaters were so dumb as to come and gloat in here. I'm hoping Devs will address all this shizzle and prevent scumbags from ruining our gameplay.  And yes, 900 hours of DayZ SA is probably the good time to take a break for month or two. Then come back and there will surely be lots of new stuff to explore .

Edited by Hombre

So...so...you CAN actually shoot with the bow?

It takes same arrows as the one for crossbow?  

YOU MUST ANSWER THIS  :D

And gratz on so many hours. Im on 216 only, but I guess that having family and 3 year old kid, can be used as "excuse" not to play :-).

EDIT: wish the hackers & cheaters were so dumb as to come and gloat in here. I'm hoping Devs will address all this shizzle and prevent scumbags from ruining our gameplay.  And yes, 900 hours of DayZ SA is probably the good time to take a break for month or two. Then come back and there will surely be lots of new stuff to explore .

I haven't actually been able to load it as I haven't found any arrows yet. The model displays an arrow already attached to it, and when you draw and release the bow it acts as if you've shot something. Hopefully when I find some bolts I can let you know. =)

yzKoPB4.jpg

pLBV4j9.jpg

LWPAfjv.jpg

eEbg55i.jpg

VsOYlWn.jpg

Edited by Grimey Rick

YES

You do need to find an excuse to stop for a bit lol

How can you have logged 900hours on a game that's such a shell of its mod predecessor lol

If the game as it is now is that enjoyable....try Arma 2...all you will miss is 2 zombies in each town ;)

Iv got well over 1000hrs in the mod but only 60odd in SA. I just cant play it for more that 30mins at a time...not till theres proper zombies, enough of them, base building, hunting and vehicles. Its just so boring atm. With those it catches up to the mod a lot. Don't get me wrong, the main feature for me atm is food drink system....and that's such a vast improvement from the mod I cant wait to see how well done the other systems are :)

• Like 1

As a final nail in the coffin, the rare 1911 spawned in a jail underneath the stairs in such a way that I cannot get to it. I've been there for twenty minutes trying to figure out a way to snag it. FML:

z4xv0Ih.jpg

Did you try through the walls or stairs ?

Did you try through the walls or stairs ?

Yeah, I tried to grab it through the wall of the jail cell, and I went prone and tried to collide hard enough with the stairs to maybe clip through to grab it. It was a sad evening. If memory serves me correctly, you used to be able to snug right up to the boxes underneath the stairs... it would appear that now you can't. A sad, sad day. =(

Try Arma 3 - Zombie Breaking Point MOD! Much more fun game then DayZ is in its current state (hacks and glitches)

Very Similar to DayZ and the Zeds are way cooler! B) They claim its hack free too

• Like 3

That sounds a lot like me; I'm currently running around with a blue mountain pack, all black clothes (check my signature image; that's me currently), a black fire axe and a 1911 w/ magazine and extra ammo. I kind of wish you could paint more than just the rifles/axes/helmets, like perhaps the backpacks or pistols, or even other melee weapons; I just want to go total blackout (and then perhaps join a high-pop server during nighttime and camp out somewhere waiting for bandits). I'm currently running around looking for a Mosin to paint black, so I can go back to the spawning grounds and try to help fresh spawns by posting up and watching for lame-ass Bambi-killing bandits.

• Like 4

That sounds a lot like me; I'm currently running around with a blue mountain pack, all black clothes (check my signature image; that's me currently), a black fire axe and a 1911 w/ magazine and extra ammo. I kind of wish you could paint more than just the rifles/axes/helmets, like perhaps the backpacks or pistols, or even other melee weapons; I just want to go total blackout (and then perhaps join a high-pop server during nighttime and camp out somewhere waiting for bandits). I'm currently running around looking for a Mosin to paint black, so I can go back to the spawning grounds and try to help fresh spawns by posting up and watching for lame-ass Bambi-killing bandits.

thats the spirit. have my beans

A super hero!

Breaking point lol -_- its a shame even server owners are switching to that game

Question. Can I become a Vigilante hacker who only hacks to kill said hackers? I would use my knowledge of coding for JUSTICE!!!

900 hours? My advice see a doctor fucking hell.

Question. Can I become a Vigilante hacker who only hacks to kill said hackers? I would use my knowledge of coding for JUSTICE!!!

You realise thats the same excuse many cheaters give?  some may actually start with good intentions but they always end up just as big a problem as the shits they are trying to fight.

Don't do it.

• Like 2