conan the librarian

The problem with hardcore.

I really would love to begin playing more regularly on hardcore, but my biggest problem with it is that my character is a 3 foot midget. This is the perspective that hardcore gives currently - from a distance I looked at the roots sticking out of a tree on a mountain slope, I then approach the tree roots and my eyes are level with it.. it's not right. Also, looking down at your own body, it looks as though my knuckles are scraping on the floor... blimey, I mean are we all chimpanzees? Is this what we have all come to? Chimps fighting ghost zombies? I didn't sign up for this captain.

Even worse when the character is crawling - it gives the perspective as though your eyes are rolling along the floor.. I cannot see over an inch tall blade of grass..

Also, I can't shoot for shit, but that is another matter altogether.

Edited by conan the librarian

I really would love to begin playing more regularly on hardcore, but my biggest problem with it is that my character is a 3 foot midget.

My guy seems fairly tall, almost bumping my head on the door frame:

UvCPXRi.jpg

Edited by Max Planck

Maximus, thou is looking upwards.

My char cannot even look over a window frame realistically in the police buildings.. the frames look only 4 foot above the floor, yet I only see about half of what is going on outside.

Maximus, thou is looking upwards.

My char cannot even look over a window frame realistically in the police buildings.. the frames look only 4 foot above the floor, yet I only see about half of what is going on outside.

I'm not! Just keeping my back straight, and my chin high and proud.

I think you were right the first time, your character is a midget.

• Like 1

Everything's to scale, the reason that you don't like it is because it's uncomfortable.

I've been playing hardcore for a while and it's fine you just gotta take off those training wheels.

• Like 2

The perspective is fine though we need the stance system from Arma 3!

• Like 2

Your just used to that 8 foot tall floating camera in 3rd person, lol!

It does feel slightly short when compared to windows in some building and the grass is really tall, but everything is to scale.

I just think some of the buildings windows are a little to high.

Are you sure you're not crouched? I've never had any trouble seeing out of house windows while standing normally.

It would be nice if the stances from arma 3 were put in though, with the addition of maybe standing on your toes to look over taller obstacles without revealing yourself completely. This would allow you to at least peek out of long grass every now and then.

A midget ... xDDDD Never had this sensation while playing 1pp, are you sure you are not crouching? XDDD

• Like 2

Certain I'm not crouching.

I ask of all of you to simply look down at your body whilst you are walking through grassy areas.. it looks like your knuckles are scraping the floor. Honestly, there's something not right about it.

Besides which, since 1pp will never be accurately resemblant of real life 1pp until; virtual reality is used, I don't think I'll ever be playing 1pp... it gives me the willies.

I'm also quite constipated at the moment.

On a slightly unrelated note, I've always found the camera to be too high in third-person. I never understood why I only get to see my character's shoulders without having a fisheye FOV.

Certain I'm not crouching.

I ask of all of you to simply look down at your body whilst you are walking through grassy areas.. it looks like your knuckles are scraping the floor. Honestly, there's something not right about it.

If what you describe is true, then there must be something wrong. It doesn't look like that to me.

Can you post a screenie?

I'm also quite constipated at the moment.

Maybe some of the tall grass got stuck.

• Like 2

Your FoV or aspect ratio is probably throwing you off, try adjusting it a bit both ways.

The perspective is fine though we need the stance system from Arma 3!

Agreed

beans for you

I saw a lot of feet over here, can someone talk properly?

Btw. It's still a game which one making humans, who can do mistakes, what do you expect? I think there will be never super-duper-mega-uber simulator, because it's a game, and someone will cry - it's too hard, and games = money. So i burried my wishes deep into the Earth core(which made it rotate, and be liquid,they make core - hot)