richard_b

POLL:What kind of person do you think YOU would become in a zombie apocalypse?

Please answer truthfully, I felt the need to make a poll in order to see people's mindsets atm. Yes, I know the poll isn't perfect.

Some people are hardasses and say: "Oh, I would kill everyone"

Think long and hard about your answer. I honestly would be between 1 and 2. Please don't say that people would become zombies or any retard answer, just SAY what kind of person you would be if a zombie apocalypse occured.

1. Friendly Survivor: Person who happily protects his family in times of need, only loots when he has to, and does not shoot at other humans, unless they are threatened.

2.Woodsman: Friendly survivor who would live in the woods, eat game and make his shelter in the wilderness. Normally friendly to survivors passing through.

3. Scavenger: Still a friendly survivor, but is less likely to have family/friends, and loots every place he can find. Likely to be friendly during an encounter.

4. Lonewolf/Neutral survivor: Person who will stealth it, and decide not to go with others. Neutral in encounters, will avoid others.

5. Highway robber: A person who would steal your belongings, but somewhat unlikely to kill you.

6. Looter/rioter: The person who would pick up a Molotov cocktail and begin looting every single store in sight after getting word of an apocalypse.

7. Bandit: Hostile survivor, very likely to kill if he needs supplies. Possible of grouping up with others.

8. Beanbandit: Person who would kill you for the stuff on your back.

9. Asshole: Person who would kill for fun, and rape women.

Poll numbers: 1.5,1.5,2,2.5,3,3,3.5,4,4,4.5,9.

Between 4 and 5 for me.

I'd sit and wait for things to calm down first. But I would probably be about me and a very small group of people.

I would prefer a mix of 1 and 2 lol but probely 1 or 2 i dunno :o

I would probably say 3, though with more of a mix in with hunting other players though I wouldn't always class myself as bandit, though I am sometimes. It changes.

I would be whichever one I needed to be in a given situation in order to survive.

You have no option for a suYou didn't provide an important option - a survivor who is friendly and helpful to trusted family and close friends, but gives fuck-all about others. 'cause that's honestly where I think most people would land, myself included.

I would gather my trusted friends and family (those who remain unturned) in a secure location, and help to ensure their safety through personal defense, scavenging, and survival strategies such as entrenched defense building, food preparation, water gathering and conservation, etc.

But outsiders who encroach on our space, or whom I encounter while out scavenging? Avoid them at all costs and, if confronted or cornered, assume hostile and react accordingly.rvivor who is friendly

in exactly what magical fantasyland do 1 and 2 exist?

The same one as where the living dead walk the earth.

In practice if the zombies are a threat and society is complete disintegrating number 1 has the best chance of surviving. Banditry only really makes sense when there are re-spawning supplies, if you can survive the zombie threat (made easier by having numbers) you'll need to consider long term survival and that takes all sorts of skills and a lot of labor. Very few people would have the skills for 2 in the long term.

Of course groups might well conflict over resources, rob or take over each other but each person will be option 1 to their group.

It doesn't matter though. In game behaviour in Day-Z is going to be determined by what sort of gameplay the person likes and little else.

Totally

9. Asshole: Person who would kill for fun, and rape women.

Though not kill for fun , I will kill them when they are useless for me xD

I dunno.

I guess I would gather all my weapon and some rugged clothing a phone and all that stuff and then try raiding the deli down the road to get as much food as I can.

I'd probably only offer help to white people.

There's too many factors to take into account, such as how the disease (if it is a disease) spreads, and how long after the apocalypse it is.

Still a friendly survivor, but is less likely to have family/friends, and loots every place, but would pick up a Molotov cocktail and begin looting every single store in sight after getting word of an apocalypse. And rape

me? im gonna go with being a zombie i believe... to quote zombieland "fatties die first" lol

if i ACTUALLY survive tho i couldnt narrow it down to just a couple cuz its based on hundreds of factors. only one i dont think i could become is #9 asshole. that just goes against everything i believe in honestly and i would rather die before committing acts like that

3-4

I avoid others.. most of the players kos. So i simple try not to be seen^^

In practice if the zombies are a threat and society is complete disintegrating number 1 has the best chance of surviving. Banditry only really makes sense when there are re-spawning supplies

I'm pretty sure history proves you wrong, there Kageru. We may not have zombies in reality, but there have been plenty of instances where societies have disintegrated or come under such distress that all manner of law and custom disappeared.

And I'm pretty sure bandits, pirates and warlords are the ones who benefitted most in those situations and "friendlies" suffered some of the greatest inhumanities in recorded history.

You don't need re-spawning supplies to benefit as a bandit - you take your guns and you go to people who have supplies and you take them. While you're there, if history serves us, you probably do some raping and murdering too.

What I would like to be: Survivor in the woods.

What I would really do: Shit myself and starve in my basemet.

And the truth is finally spoken

/thread

In practice if the zombies are a threat and society is complete disintegrating number 1 has the best chance of surviving. Banditry only really makes sense when there are re-spawning supplies

I'm pretty sure history proves you wrong' date=' there Kageru. We may not have zombies in reality, but there have been plenty of instances where societies have disintegrated or come under such distress that all manner of law and custom disappeared.

And I'm pretty sure bandits, pirates and warlords are the ones who benefitted most in those situations and "friendlies" suffered some of the greatest inhumanities in recorded history.

[/quote']

In other words social groups. A warlord needs an army full of people being friendly, same for the others. The individuals are still "1" just with reference to their own group. Lone psychopaths or small groups of bandits would be hunted down by any group. The group that grows and dominates becomes stable and forms the basis for society and then has an army to stomp bandits on a professional basis.

But the real challenge of a zombie apocalypse would be long term survival. Stored supplies start to rot or be used up, ammo runs out, you continually lose people to zombies and other groups (Which you see as bandits). The group with the larger number has a big advantage because survival is going to suck.

... although if these zombies rot or are localized it's only a temporary problem and things will stabilize relatively fast. I mean they're not really all that scary to a proper armed force.

None of that is in Day-Z though. The barracks will never run out of guns and ammo and the supermarkets of food because it all respawns. Same for survivors when you think about it, you can kill them endlessly and there's always more washing up on the beaches.

Number four, mostly. But if I could find reliable people who wanted to put society back together, I'd opt for something different: Zombie hunting and village building. I have a save the world complex, so I'd be out trying to fix things. Kill zombies, fight off bandits, help survivors settle in fortified farming camps, or whatever it takes to put things back together a little bit.

But to be clear, I'd do my part for that with whatever means necessary. So we toss in a few qualities from further down the list. :)

I admit it, I'd be that guy running screaming down the street with a horde of zombies on his ass.

The rest of you are just kidding yourselves.