richard_b

POLL:What kind of person do you think YOU would become in a zombie apocalypse?

4 and 7

I got a Z+ on the zombie survival quiz on the mental side of things.

Now the topic of US and the way we act.

There are the sterotypes which europeans see on america like we see in Britain (bad teeth idea). Most think we are gun shooting rednecks (well im gun shooting just not redneck) and they think the reason crimes happen is our right to bear arms (which is false by the way). On the topic of handgun and concealed permits

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

* Florida adopted a right-to-carry law in 1987. At the time the law was passed, critics predicted increases in violence. The founder of the National Organization of Women, Betty Friedan stated:

"lethal violence, even in self defense, only engenders more violence." (13)

* When the law went into effect, the Dade County Police began a program to record all arrest and non arrest incidents involving concealed carry licensees. Between September of 1987 and August of 1992, Dade County recorded 4 crimes committed by licensees with firearms. None of these crimes resulted in an injury. The record keeping program was abandoned in 1992 because there were not enough incidents to justify tracking them. (13)(15)

* 221,443 concealed carry licenses were issued in Florida between October of 1987 and April of 1994. During that time, Florida recorded 18 crimes committed by licensees with firearms. (15)

* As of 1998, nationwide, there has been 1 recorded incident in which a permit holder shot someone following a traffic accident. The permit holder was not charged, as the grand jury ruled the shooting was in self defense. (7)

* As of 1998, no permit holder has ever shot a police officer. There have been several cases in which a permit holder has protected an officer's life. (7)

In general people who shoot people get the guns illegally and in general give Americans a bad name with the gun violence.

sense the OP is pretty anti bandit I will make my position clear.

I would be with me and possibly one or two others. If we saw someone I would stay down and watch their actions. If hostile but they dont see me I will let go, but if they see me I would shoot. If they were friendly and they saw me I would send them on their way.

One or two, except I'd probably be dead or a zombie, because even if someone threatened me.. I don't think I'd be able to kill anyone.

It was all in fun, but I've actually discussed this at some length with friends. Our "plan" would be to stick in a group where we all know each other and basically go bandit. Would we kill for fun? No. But we would kill to defend ourselves. Any "friendly" survivors we met would be sent on their way, forcibly if they refused to leave or managed to find our camp.

So, TL;DR: 7

I would kill EVERYONE except family and TRUSTABLE friends. Everyone is probably thinking i'm dumb cause it would be a lot safer to team up.

No. Why? Because it's too risky. If you team up with a guy and the guy betrays you,you WON'T respawn. You're going to die and your flesh is going to rot unless the zombies eat it.

In a zombie apocalypse,there isn't any laws,there isn't any police,there isn't any of that shit. It's kill or be killed.

I know that... I spend a lot of time on a US gaming forum' date=' and the US has all types of people just like anywhere else. But there's also a strong current of objectivism/calvinism that basically says, "If you can't handle it that's your problem" and glorification of the individual and their capabilities (and right to bear arms). I can see how that would influence the results.

[/quote']

There are way more cues for trust in real life.

If I run into some guy with his wife and kids, I will be more likely to trust him.

If I'm trying to protect my wife and kids, I would want to cooperate with other people in the same situation -- protecting 3 people with 1 person (me) is a lot harder than protecting 30 people with 10 able bodied men.

Not to mention that unlike DayZ, which is a videogame where we can log out and return to the safety of real life, a real apocalypse is 24/7.

I would kill EVERYONE except family and TRUSTABLE friends. Everyone is probably thinking i'm dumb cause it would be a lot safer to team up.

No. Why? Because it's too risky. If you team up with a guy and the guy betrays you' date='you WON'T respawn. You're going to die and your flesh is going to rot unless the zombies eat it.

In a zombie apocalypse,there isn't any laws,there isn't any police,there isn't any of that shit. It's kill or be killed.

[/quote']

LOL....you would not last long, my friend.

I certainly wouldn't shoot everyone

No. Why? Because it's too risky. If you team up with a guy and the guy betrays you' date='you WON'T respawn. You're going to die and your flesh is going to rot unless the zombies eat it.

[/quote']

real life =/=dayz

I've a feeling the vast majority of this forum would be option #10: dead within a day or two.

I've a feeling the vast majority of this forum would be option #10: dead within a day or two.

I would hope that more people have a zombie plan in place, If not, I am very disappointed.

To stress the seriousness, even the Center for Disease Control has a basic guide: http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

But go ahead and don't take it seriously, just more beans for me.