richard_b

POLL:What kind of person do you think YOU would become in a zombie apocalypse?

Most people posting here would be dead. And it wouldn't be because of zombies OR bandits.

Yeah, that's very true. It's a hard, harsh world outside of civilisation.

You would be number 10, a freaking zombie... really now... look at the ammount of people around the world, do you really think it will be easy to scavange around a city or other small populated areas where people could fill up a entire street or more easily? Walking outside would alredy mean death, and supplies would not last long.

all this thread has really done is prove that the average person is completely unrealistic about how they would act in a survival/doomsday scenario

I hope to mix 1 and 2, if I wouldn't die or become zombie.

But in Russia are too damn cold winters to survive in woods or in towns without functioning system of central heating, however if zombie wouldn't die by starvation they will all die after first winter for sure.

So, plan is simple:

1. Find transport and suplies.

2. Leave cities.

3. Wait one winter and come back.

4. Find other survivers to rebuild russian community.

5. Find weapons in old soviet military bases (some of them are full of SKS, AKM and RPG-7 to provide few generations, if this is truth, at least I hope though =D ) to face migrations of zombies from Europe, Asia and Near East in spring, if they wouldn't die too like ours.

Unfortunately, it is 99% probability that I will die in first few days.

Fortunately, it is 0,0000000001% probability that zombie apocalypse would happen. =D

Most people posting here would be dead. And it wouldn't be because of zombies OR bandits.

Yeah' date=' that's very true. It's a hard, harsh world outside of civilisation.

[/quote']

"You want to be in harmony with nature. Go harmonize" John Clark-Rainbow Six

"Maybe a week, Mr. C?" Ding asked, reading his face. A graduate of the U.S Army's Ranger School, he didn't think that *he* could survive very long in this place.

"If they're lucky," Rainbow Six replied.

There's simply no translation to the game.

In real life I would use the guy's past to make an informed judgement on whether I could trust him.

I would likely trust an unarmed MIT professor.

This is a *videogame* and the meta is completely different.

With regards to what type of person I would be post-apocalypse, I'd probably try and rebuild civilization on an island somewhere after gathering as many "trustworthy" people as possible.

Because I'm a normal human being.

Although thinking what you will do in a zombie apocalypse has no impact on what you would actually do in one.

Lol. I would be 7 and 6.

In a real life zombie appoc. If your a hot chick or even a woman for that matter, and the infection is spreading fast. Meaning 100,000 a day or more than chances are you will be raped or kidnapped to be rapped later. So all girls are basically fucked off the bat.

As a man however, your chances are rather good depending where you are at the time. Though realistically I would shoot at groups of 5 or more ON SIGHT no matter the location and given I had a firearm at the time. If not, I would avoid your group all together. In a situation where things are already broken down and the chances of rebuilding and reestablishing order are slim, you have to look at it like this.

If you have more people in your group than you have to consider the following...

- Feeding them

- Wasting Med supplies on them

- Transporting them

- Easily noticeable by Military or Para Mil groups. Especially given that you have girls or women

- Sharing ammo with them, given they can handle a weapon

- Sheltering them

If you encounter somebody or groups of random people you DO NOT know on your journey...

- If they intend to rob, rape or murder you

- Whether or not they are remnant Government Army or Para Military out to survive by any means

- They are crazy in general. Could be through mental issues already present pre zombies or the fact they have resorted to eating human flesh and have gone tribal nomadic looking for their next victim

As an introvert who does not like confrontation as it is is. I would definitely say 4 fits me best.

1 or 3 probably

i probably wouldnt have a problem shooting zombies either, since they're already rotting away anyway, therefore un-curable.

Probably 7

If you don't fall into my immediate group of core family or friends then I couldn't give two shits about what happens to you. This includes fucking you over to help out me and my own. Cause at the end of the day, I will play "the ends justify the means" card. In extreme situations, survival is the ultimate goal. You could judge my methods all you want but it doesn't mean fuckall if I'm alive and you're fertilizer.

I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about it because the average american does this to others as it is right now, just not to the extreme.

I wouldn't just murder people for the fun of it, I'm not a psycho but I sure as shit wouldn't put my family at risk for yours.

In all honesty, I would probably be a combination of the following:

1. Friendly Survivor: Person who happily protects his family in times of need, only loots when he has to, and does not shoot at other humans, unless they are threatened.

2.Woodsman: Friendly survivor who would live in the woods, eat game and make his shelter in the wilderness. Normally friendly to survivors passing through.

However there is another survivor....type, if you will, that I would probably incorporate as well. Seeing as I am a decently well armed citizen, I would most likely also lead or participate in search and rescue operations to help other survivors. I would also involve myself in forming survival communities and their protection.

There's another kind of survivor. He'll help you but only if you are on the ground with his gun pointed to the back of your head. And he'll blow your brains out if you don't do exactly what he says because he doesn't want to take any chances. He is the anti hero and is one tough motherf-----.

It would be fascinating to identify how many of the "I got mine, am armed and will kill without hesitation or provocation" are from the US.

It would be fascinating to identify how many of the "I got mine' date=' am armed and will kill without hesitation or provocation" are from the US.

[/quote']

I'm thinking the numbers might be misleading, not every American who owns guns are trigger happy rednecks. Much like the political debates that go on, you get this extremely vocal minority that tend to take the center stage and appear to be the majority. I would say in general, backstabbing and assholeness would be common but violence and killing less so.

That being said, the south and the midwest might be a tad more dangerous.

Most likely a mix of 1 and 2.

It would be fascinating to identify how many of the "I got mine' date=' am armed and will kill without hesitation or provocation" are from the US.

[/quote']

I'm thinking the numbers might be misleading, not every American who owns guns are trigger happy rednecks. Much like the political debates that go on, you get this extremely vocal minority that tend to take the center stage and appear to be the majority. I would say in general, backstabbing and assholeness would be common but violence and killing less so.

That being said, the south and the midwest might be a tad more dangerous.

I know that... I spend a lot of time on a US gaming forum, and the US has all types of people just like anywhere else. But there's also a strong current of objectivism/calvinism that basically says, "If you can't handle it that's your problem" and glorification of the individual and their capabilities (and right to bear arms). I can see how that would influence the results.

In one of Rockets interviews he basically gave a version something like that which led him to say if there was a zombie apocalypse he'd want to be in New Zealand when it happened.