Oyface

You know those times when you watch another player without their knowledge?

Everyone knows those times. If you play alone, or in a group, it doesn't matter. Everyone knows these situations. When you have the possibility to kill them, or to just let them go. Their life is in your hands.

I just came back from looting the NW airfield tents, on experimental hardcore. Went in a tent, and on my way out I spotted a player standing in the opening of another tent, with his back to me. My first instinct was to back away into the tent and hide, which turned out to be a smart move, as his friend was keeping a watch around, though he didn't seem to have seen me.

I watched them loot the first line of tents, before starting on the same line I was in. Now they were both looting, going into different tents. I watch them through the windows, trying to decide if I should kill them or not. I could easily have taken out one of them as he entered the tent I was in. THe other one could be a problem. Besides, I try to play friendly when I can. But being found by two strangers, one with a wolf mask, didn't appeal to me. So I watch them for a little longer, wait until they're both inside a tent, and sprint over to one of the tents they'd already looted.

I heard no gunshots, so I figured out I was safe. So I stop around the corner of the next tent, and keep watching them for a bit. They've both entered the same tent at that time, with their backs to me. I could've taken them out easily with my crossbow from where I was. Or take out the first with an arrow to the head, before I rush up and finish the second guy with my sawn-off.

I decided not to, and ran in the opposite direction. But this brings me to the point of this thread.

Think about how many times players could've been watching you, while you've been looting towns without being too careful. Maybe people have been just a few meters away from you, while you've been eating your beans, keeping their aim on you while trying to decide if you should live, or die? You never know who is watching. Your life is in their hands.

Think about it.

EDIT: If anyone have any good stories where do exactly this, please post.

EDIT2: I am fairly sure their in-game names were "buba" and "Clevery". If anyone with those names are reading this, and recognize themselves from my story, please let me know. :P

Edited by BillySpleen
  • Like 4

I like the neaf you can watch the entire thing on a high pop server with binos, snacks in hand 8)

• Like 2

Nice. It is kinda painfull to die at NW airfield after hour of traveling to there and half an hour of looting. You did the right thing :) I like to watch what people do too, but last time I did that, I got flanked but managed to ran off. Got shot once but it was m4 so didnt hurt me at all :D usually if you stalk somebody and they see you, it is insta pvp match sadly. In your case if you would have been like "hey guys, you friendly?", it would have been shitfest for you :(

I like the neaf you can watch the entire thing on a high pop server with binos, snacks in hand 8)

:D yea. That place is so daamn populated all the time. I have like once seen that place unlooted. I imagine that it would be ideal place for campy bandits ;)

Think about how many times players could've been watching you, while you've been looting towns without being too careful. Maybe people have been just a few meters away from you, while you've been eating your beans, keeping their aim on you while trying to decide if you should live, or die? You never know who is watching. Your life is in their hands.

Sadly, i'm so aware of this. I walk crouched in the bushes even when i'm on a 5ppl server and i'm in the deepest of the forest. 

Paranoia level went up when i met a guy at the NEAF in a server where only the pair of us was logged in :/.

Bugged sound doesn't help us with this

• Like 1

My sister was playing on my account the other day and she told me a story:

She looted Balota on a hardcore and had gone to the tents, she figured that she should go around and look around, her immediate instinct was to look at the 2 story tent. She was right.

So she saw a guy in the 2 story tent, this was her first encounter of the day, so obviously she filled with adrenalin. She was ALL the way across the tent area, she started doing the point to point run to cover points, and eventually she got to the truck just behind the 2 story tent, she figured the guy was a bandit because he was watching only the road with a mosin, and she had heard shots going off earlier, so she emptied 2 rounds into his head once he had turned away, and she killed him, but she was so pumped that she ran straight in to loot and got shot down by the guy's friend, who was camping inside the underside of the 2 story tent, she still managed to empty an entire 40 round mag around and into the guy before she was killed, and the guy was swearing at her when she fell unconscious, so she assumed he had died as well.

I thought it was an interesting story.

Edited by Dr.Burd
  • Like 1

My sister was playing on my account the other day and she told me a story:

She looted Balota on a hardcore and had gone to the tents, she figured that she should go around and look around, her immediate instinct was to look at the 2 story tent. She was right.

So she saw a guy in the 2 story tent, this was her first encounter of the day, so obviously she filled with adrenalin. She was ALL the way across the tent area, she started doing the point to point run to cover points, and eventually she got to the truck just behind the 2 story tent, she figured the guy was a bandit because he was watching only the road with a mosin, and she had heard shots going off earlier, so she emptied 2 rounds into his head once he had turned away, and she killed him, but she was so pumped that she ran straight in to loot and got shot down by the guy's friend, who was camping inside the underside of the 2 story tent, she still managed to empty an entire 40 round mag around and into the guy before she was killed, and the guy was swearing at her when she fell unconscious, so she assumed he had died as well.

I thought it was an interesting story.

The two story thing! That's what I was talking about in my post, where the one guy was watching out for his friend. :)

Good story! I hope that last bandit died as well. Your sister did a good job! :D

• Like 1

The two story thing! That's what I was talking about in my post, where the one guy was watching out for his friend. :)

Good story! I hope that last bandit died as well. Your sister did a good job! :D

My sister plays like me.

Intelligent until the adrenalin kicks in, then we rush in and die. I'll tell my sister you thought that story was good.

Edit - Maybe we play together sometime. PM you my steam page.

Edited by Dr.Burd

My sister plays like me.

Intelligent until the adrenalin kicks in, then we rush in and die. I'll tell my sister you thought that story was good.

Edit - Maybe we play together sometime. PM you my steam page.

I used to be like that. Oh who am I kidding, I still am, sometimes. :P

That would be cool. I only play experimental though, so, if that's cool with you we could team up some time. :)

I used to be like that. Oh who am I kidding, I still am, sometimes. :P

That would be cool. I only play experimental though, so, if that's cool with you we could team up some time. :)

I'll just opt in to the experimental to play with you, I'll do it now.

Everyone knows those times. If you play alone, or in a group, it doesn't matter. Everyone knows these situations. When you have the possibility to kill them, or to just let them go. Their life is in your hands.

I just came back from looting the NW airfield tents, on experimental hardcore. Went in a tent, and on my way out I spotted a player standing in the opening of another tent, with his back to me. My first instinct was to back away into the tent and hide, which turned out to be a smart move, as his friend was keeping a watch around, though he didn't seem to have seen me.

I watched them loot the first line of tents, before starting on the same line I was in. Now they were both looting, going into different tents. I watch them through the windows, trying to decide if I should kill them or not. I could easily have taken out one of them as he entered the tent I was in. THe other one could be a problem. Besides, I try to play friendly when I can. But being found by two strangers, one with a wolf mask, didn't appeal to me. So I watch them for a little longer, wait until they're both inside a tent, and sprint over to one of the tents they'd already looted.

I heard no gunshots, so I figured out I was safe. So I stop around the corner of the next tent, and keep watching them for a bit. They've both entered the same tent at that time, with their backs to me. I could've taken them out easily with my crossbow from where I was. Or take out the first with an arrow to the head, before I rush up and finish the second guy with my sawn-off.

I decided not to, and ran in the opposite direction. But this brings me to the point of this thread.

Think about it.

EDIT2: I am fairly sure their in-game names were "buba" and "Clevery". If anyone with those names are reading this, and recognize themselves from my story, please let me know. :P

You know. This is VERY interesting to me. Infact, today I was looting the NWAF tents and your story sounds SO similar to mine, except positions are switched.

Basically I had my M4 and I was simply trying to find a better scope since mine was broken. I was shooting this military zombie about 4 times with my M4. Then I just stood there and in my mind I was like "COME AT ME ZOMBIES". After 5 seconds, I hear a mosin shot and some M4 shots sprayed at me very closely as if they were a tent row down. LUCKY for me they were super bad shots and some how only 1 bullet hit me which put me into a blurry state.

I ran for my life into the forest where I killed a zombie that was chasing me, then I stopped and waited. After a while I ran off.

Anyway, it is kind of like a reverse of your story because THEY were the ones watching me as I was looting, but instead they decided to shoot. We could have become friends! But I guess nobody likes a stranger holding up a gun.

I know! I'm watching you read this reply from your cupboard right now wondering if I should......**creeeeaaaakkkkk**

• Like 1

Over the last week or so, being decked out with LRS and other bits myself and a friend decided to do a bit of observing at busy spots. Its fascinating, trying to guess what the players will do and where they will go. We do take the occasional shot on players with raised rifles also ... Best bit has to be watching Svelto School "roof of death" where so many fresh spawn go up to jump off!

You know. This is VERY interesting to me. Infact, today I was looting the NWAF tents and your story sounds SO similar to mine, except positions are switched.

Basically I had my M4 and I was simply trying to find a better scope since mine was broken. I was shooting this military zombie about 4 times with my M4. Then I just stood there and in my mind I was like "COME AT ME ZOMBIES". After 5 seconds, I hear a mosin shot and some M4 shots sprayed at me very closely as if they were a tent row down. LUCKY for me they were super bad shots and some how only 1 bullet hit me which put me into a blurry state.

I ran for my life into the forest where I killed a zombie that was chasing me, then I stopped and waited. After a while I ran off.

Anyway, it is kind of like a reverse of your story because THEY were the ones watching me as I was looting, but instead they decided to shoot. We could have become friends! But I guess nobody likes a stranger holding up a gun.

It's like a different timeline .. In this timeline. :o

My buddy and I did this once in Elektro watching the hospital. We both had LRS. It was fun watching player interactions. We'd watch a situation play out, and the bandits or outright aggressors got dropped, and the nice ones survived. It helped that there was a fresh spawn just hanging on the roof, as he made for good bait in the experiment. 

I did that once with a Mosin and a long range scope and went all guardian-angel on these two new spawns. Every zombie they came across I just gunned down for them. They had no idea where I was and after every shot I took they would put up their hands and do the friendly dance. I protected them for about an hour before I lost track of them.

• Like 4

Last night I came upon 2 people looting the NWAF southern section.. it was dark and their choice to use a lamp for light was poor and led me straight to them. For a split second I had a shot on one of them while he was walking around the second floor. It was so quick I had little time to decide and my brain said "cover the front door stupid!", and that was a smart move as I had seen what looked like 2 players in there. I move around to the front door and take up position in overwatch. My friend at this point PM's me on steam, so I shift-tab and get into mic chat with him. I tell him where I am and to head this way as there may be some loot soon that he could use. So I proceed to watch the front door for a moment.. but its taking too long for what I would expect it to take 2 people to loot a jail. So I hit "P"... and wouldnt you know it, I actually see the 2 of them disappear off the player list while Im looking at it. I go inside to check, and yep.. logged out. 

I run across the tarmac a moment later after feeling frustrated over what just happened.. I run to the barracks near the ATC tower, single story barracks not the jail as those are not called "barracks". As I near I can see another player using a flashlight to guide his way as he loots the barracks.. again see dayz night rule #1 never use a light source at the NWAF unless your alone. So I start to sprint towards it, as this I know is an easy kill for me. No one is safe inside the barracks with me around. I am full of confidence that I am finally going to help get my noob buddy some good gear, and as I approach I see him... disappear right in front of me due to logging out. 

AWWWWW HELL NO! I logged out and called it a night after that.. boo.  :(

I did that once with a Mosin and a long range scope and went all guardian-angel on these two new spawns. Every zombie they came across I just gunned down for them. They had no idea where I was and after every shot I took they would put up their hands and do the friendly dance. I protected them for about an hour before I lost track of them.

Good man. :)

I remember making my way along the railroad coming from svetlo and saw someone ahead of me sprinting along the tracks for dear life. I sighted him in several times with the sks but decided against it.

He didn't have much and I try not to add to the KoSing in this game

I kill bandits and kossers..its my thing. I have a system when I play solo and an inconspicuous looting route around berenzino to vypor. I watch new spawns like a sort of guardian angel, I see people squabble and kill each other sometimes the fights are fair sometimes its a geared d bag killing some guy at a drinking well...for the ladder...I pursue..its fun to take out their legs from 500m and watch them try to get to safety. I then switch to my m4 and finish the job. If I was an asshole so many more could die. But I love that slight feeling of power you spoke about.

I know the feeling indeed and as soon as I get the opportunity for a clean shot, I will take it.

Think about it.

With the introductions of Binos I have become even more paranoid than ever.  Reminds me of night diving, I have never seen a tiger shark at night, but that does not mean they haven't seen me.

• Like 1

Sadly, i'm so aware of this. I walk crouched in the bushes even when i'm on a 5ppl server and i'm in the deepest of the forest. 

Paranoia level went up when i met a guy at the NEAF in a server where only the pair of us was logged in :/.

Bugged sound doesn't help us with this

Hey that could have been me.  :D

One huge freaking map and  the one other person on the sever walks into the same building I'm in. Crazy.