kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

I'm sure many have faith in the development team, however some of us have lost it due to their inability to follow their own development road map, meet deadlines and produce a patch/update that produces anything in the way of core game progression, rather than silly jackets, guns and other minor objects.

If they are going to take their time during updates (which isn't a problem) then at least have something to show for it.

Hear Hear! Passes His beans away.

• Like 3

It is Stable. As in, there are no stopping issues. The entire thing Exp or Stable is a WIP so nothing is "complete";

I understand that. You understand that. Reading through the posts from others in here, not many of the other posters seem to understand it. They take the word 'stable' to mean fully working, no bugs. That's not going to be the case in an Alpha, so clarification can't be a bad things really can it?

• Like 1

zombies are buged rllly badly right now... impossible to play :/ They are running around u like a sprinter, when u finnaly aim for the head it just got knocked down and gets up... Had to fire from m4 to kill em...

zombies are buged rllly badly right now... impossible to play :/ They are running around u like a sprinter, when u finnaly aim for the head it just got knocked down and gets up... Had to fire from m4 to kill em...

In fairness killing them with firearm is still as easy as before. Melee against them is the problem, they are much more resistant now, will be tone down im sure.

I run into maybe 15 Zeds by now and they gave a good fight while I was using a shovel, a machete, baseball bat or a  splitting axe. Surem they are tougher now, but still managable.

In fairness killing them with firearm is still as easy as before. Melee against them is the problem, they are much more resistant now, will be tone down im sure.

Before what? Before, zombies didn't respawn and run to your location when you killed them with a firearm. Now clever people usually don't kill them with firearms, to spare ammo and avoid making noise.

Edited by Karakoz

Has anybody else had problems with pistol supressors not working? I've tried one on the FNX45 and the 1911 and they don't seem to have any effect anymore. Even the Amphibia S seems quite loud to me now.

Also, I don't know if anybody has mentioned it, but you can spraypaint the fireaxe now which I was hoping would be possible at some point. It seems like something that should have been mentioned in the changelog.

Also, I don't know if anybody has mentioned it, but you can spraypaint the fireaxe now which I was hoping would be possible at some point. It seems like something that should have been mentioned in the changelog.

That was in the previous patch, think it was in the notes for that.

At least the zombies and loot respawning is in the game now, even if its still very rough and considered a prototype, its in the game.

Gathering resources is also in, at least the berries.

Nope, they are not.

Defaye, if you have a problem with a moderator's action, use the PM function instead of misusing the report function. 'So either learn how to play the game, or stop ... Plain and simple' is hardly insulting unlike your comments.

--

The rest of you, play nice.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

Stable Branch updated to version-# 0.44.123800

From now on discussions will take place in dedicated topics for patches.

Make sure to keep it on topic.

The old mouse acceleration was better, made your guy feel like your him, now it feels like your super light and a ghost. 

• Like 2

I personally like either style of zombie but with how annoying they currently are to kill and the fact that we have a pvp system as well, I think the "original romero concept" with walking(?) zombies would be much more appropriate and that is something they can implement on a whim, with a little programming.. I think that would be the current perfect balance between annoyance, immersion and contribute to pvp as well. When a walking zombie is aggroed, that player may not be aware until too late - as another player has seen from a distance that it is walking somewhere. not knowing exactly where it is going without some longer observation is much better than the current in which they run straight to the player within a matter of seconds and spoil (in many cases) a player's good use of concealment (due to the zombies being so laser-eyed in their acquisition)...

Ahhh, i was supposed to be stopping commenting for a while since there is little to say about this patch :D lol. To be honest Ive always wanted to play a game where i basically step into the 70's Dawn Of the Dead (or nowadays you can say your own walking dead episodes), even back when i was playing the spectrum 128k as a kid :). Yeah the zombies are all walkers from romero, he kinda "cheesed them up a bit" as time went on, but the first 3 films he made, night, dawn and day of the dead were all brilliant and will never be beaten. 28days and all the rest that were inspired by them films never came close (still good films though). On topic, id say thats what they should of aimed for, people stepping into that world. The console ports that sorta tried it never came even close. I suppose many would argue what threat zombies are, but walkers are every bit as much a threat as infected can be, or could be, would just depend how they would do the AI. Good scenario there that you just sprung to my mind. Your hiding in bush's, a team of 4 unknown's you spotted earlier coming down the road, they come looking around your general area because one may of briefly noticed you, but that group of 5 zombies from the town you just left are catching up also, you can see them entering the woods. What do you do? break cover to kill the zombies that will be on you in a few moments revealing yourself to the unkown team?, run reveling yourself once again?, or hold your ground hoping the zombies and the team tangle and you can make your escape?. With walkers that scenario is possible, with infected they are on you and on you. The possibilites with walkers, and the final cut of this game with the hunting and camp nuilding is litterally being in your own walking dead episodes. With infected 28 days later style i say it limits the potential of scenarios that players could experience. But that's just my thoughts. Many will agree, but just as many wont. Id say a combination of the zombies  would be ok, but with far more walkers than "runners" perhaps make the runners like recently killed survivors. :) with back packs on and gear etc with a little loot on them. But, its all with the dev's. Thanks for the reply.   

• Like 3

Nope, they are not.

As far as i know it is on experimental?

Experimental Branch: 0.45.123906

The primary purpose of this exp update is based around loot spawning - just testing out some changes to the system.

The rubberbanding on 0.45 experimental is related to experiments with respawning loot. This is the first piece, issues are to be expected. They are logging a new respawning technique. The processing causes significant CPU drain, causing delayed processing of position data. Experimental is not the place for strong user experiences, it's for testing new systems. We're going to drop the player #s down on the exp branch boxes to mitigate some of the perf issues with the new loot systems.

The update is purely to allow us to track data on the hive which is why there are very few server instances online.

My dear friends - To those of you who find the game unplayable stop playing the game and wait untill next patch is released. This was very common with the mod as far as I remember that a patch messed up the game but soon after a new was released and all was well. Patience and enjoy the new added items or take a break.

• Like 2

My dear friends - To those of you who find the game unplayable stop playing the game and wait untill next patch is released. This was very common with the mod as far as I remember that a patch messed up the game but soon after a new was released and all was well. Patience and enjoy the new added items or take a break.

It's not like this here. 

Edited by Sharks on a Plane

I run into maybe 15 Zeds by now and they gave a good fight while I was using a shovel, a machete, baseball bat or a splitting axe. Surem they are tougher now, but still managable.

Still managable? Maybe if 1vs1 with bandage and full health if they are not the military one, at least in preavious patch if you run away they can't hit you, now they have 15 meters arms...it took me 8/10 hit with a pickaxe to kill one, at least they should take some sort of damage after hits, lose an arm or a leg for example, that slow them down or made them less strong..

Edited by obl1
  • Like 2

Has anybody else had problems with pistol supressors not working? I've tried one on the FNX45 and the 1911 and they don't seem to have any effect anymore. Even the Amphibia S seems quite loud to me now.

1) Suppressors never worked, since day 1...so, everybody had problems with them. I don't know why you write "anymore".

The Amphibia has the right sound, and it does work because it doesn't need to change its sound because of an attachment.

2) Many things aren't mentioned in these changelogs, usually.

Anyway, fireaxe, blaze, sporter 22 etc are paintable since the previous stable patch, not the last one. You didn't know it, but that's it :)

Stop for a second and think about what you have just said - considering a new guaranteed messaging system was put in place that helped a lot of with the desync. That is a lot of work and nothing one just spits out and slap on the server.

Those are the major things everyone always wanted and now that they're working on sorting those out people jump on here critisizing there's not much being done, without realising nor acknowledging what a tiny point on the changelog does for the bigger picture and how much work it actually is.

Mellee is known to be causing issues, as mentioned in the devblogs. It is currently being worked on, so expect the damage to change soon again. No need to go on a massive rant about how stupid it were to nerf the damage. It's an Alpha - expect these bugs to happen.

OK, I'm not a programmer.  I tried it & my brain couldn't do it, but I know it's a pain in the ass.  I just think that the non-programmers need to shut up about the speed of Dev.  It's not easy, I know!  I like the growth of the game (not a fan of the latest patch).  I got into it because I like the genre & ideas behind the game, AND I like seeing a game grow from Alpha releases (I did the same with Minecraft).  If you don't like an update, hold off playing till they get it fixed (hard to do sometimes), then try it again.  I'm not really into PvP, I like the PvE aspect of the game (killing Zombies/exploring the map), but I think both make for an interesting world.

They know about the major bugs & are working on them, I'm good with that for now.

I see people talking about how the guns in the game work, and I'm curious as to how many of them have USED a gun in reality (I'm sure some have, but some haven't).  I own/have owned most of the current guns in the game (Nagant 91/30, SKS, AK, 1911, .357 to be exact), the ones I've used in game seem to be very realistic.  I'd like to see some tweaks to add-ons/ballistic charts, but I'm not a programmer & IDK how to do that, so I'll shut my mouth on it.  Overall I'm happy with the development of the game, not a fan of the last update, but overall a fan.

• Like 5

I think they really need to tone down the sensitivity. The only way to get round it is to decrease DPI or windows mouse sensitivity, but this has the drawback of the cursor in the inventory/menu being really slow. I prefer the new movement, but it is a big problem at the moment.

I also think the weapon lag should be increased (and I come from a cs/bf background!).

• Like 4

I think they really need to tone down the sensitivity. The only way to get round it is to decrease DPI or windows mouse sensitivity, but this has the drawback of the cursor in the inventory/menu being really slow. I prefer the new movement, but it is a big problem at the moment.

I also think the weapon lag should be increased (and I come from a cs/bf background!).

There's your problem. "Windows Mouse Sensitivity." Disable any Windows control over your mouse.  Use only the mouse vendor software and in-game settings.  

There's your problem. "Windows Mouse Sensitivity." Disable any Windows control over your mouse.  Use only the mouse vendor software and in-game settings.  

"Disable any Windows control over your mouse" what do you mean by this?

"Disable any Windows control over your mouse" what do you mean by this?

He means what it says.

It's about the same for me, but it can't really get much worse than 18 can it. :lol: :(

Do you really think 18fps is low?