Sign in to follow this  
gianni001

Have people in this game gone insane?

I don't even mind shit talk but I wish people would at least get creative.  It's just lazy.

Makes me miss private hives honestly.

IMO... all games need to start requiring people to provide true proof of age to play.

too bad that mentally deranged adults also exist. no, it's not a myth.

maybe some server-specific extensive social tests? it would take a week to complete it. that would keep the cod-kids away haha

or maybe it should be required to write a thesis before you are allowed to play DayZ

Edited by komadose

too bad that mentally deranged adults also exist. no, it's not a myth.

maybe some server-specific extensive social tests? it would take a week to complete it. that would keep the cod-kids away haha

or maybe it should be required to write a thesis before you are allowed to play DayZ

http://www.aptitude-test.com/verbal-aptitudetest1.html is all that's needed.

of course, so it means that every non english speaking country out there is made of retards, and shouldnt be able to play the game, right?

LOL

could you please, respond to the questions of this page here? http://www.testesdeqi.com.br/testes/idiomas/teste-de-portugues/

it's the exact same thing.

shitty logic is shitty.

Edited by lipemr

Yah we have gone insane. with the ability to torment our fellow survivors with impunity why not curse at them and make them feel humiliated. It's one of the fun parts of the game. Player interaction.

Beat them too it!

This is what I'm going to do if it happens to me. Turn on my mic and then load this into my stereo and crank the speakers right up until the house shakes....

great-highland-bagpipes-cd-IVRCD729.jpg

Those fuckers won't know what's hit 'em.

• Like 1

I do agree that screeching kids screaming cusswords at you si annoying, i also think that going into any of these "18+" titles and expecting to no hear vulgarity is kinda wishful thinking at best.

I grew up in rual southern "murica" where making curde jokes about racial sterotypes is the norm. I often play video games while drinking- and i talk the same way online that i do in real life. Fortunately online you have an option to not hear my voice coms, use it if easily offended. I dont go out of my way to avoid offending IRL im sure as hell not going to try on a game.

I hate Children, If you are reading this and you are under the age of 18

Go Die, don't care how, just do it.

If I KOS, I stand over their Corpse and I say "Sorry dude it was you or me" 12yr olds rant because Daddy beats them and they need an outlet.

FACE THE TRUTH:

DAYZ-STANDALONE IS 0 SURVIVAL(AT THE MOMENT) - AND 100% A SHOOTER

Developers going the way to a shooter instead of focusing more of survival, look at latest patch.. ANNOTHER NEW HANDGUN... (AND YES THEY ANNOUNCED COOKING AND HUNTING - I KNOW)

So nobody should wonder about it, why 12 year old COD-kids play standalone... :D

I am sorry to say that - and I don´t want make advertising, but in the meanwhile you can keep playing BREAKING POINT MOD for Arma3 :)

Edited by TiMEDANCE

I had an experience the other day which was quite similar

I logged in at what I thought was a good spot, only 15 people on the server and I'm immediately KOed and someone sounding like a 9 year old started screaming "I GOT YOU BRO! I GOT YOU BRO! YOU F ing NOOB SNIPER GONNA FUCK YOU IN THE ARSE! WEEEEEE (all while tea bagging me) blah blah for about 2 minutes"

So he thought I was dead, but I lay unconscious for about 10

Mins deciding it would be funny to stand up and smack him in the face with the axe he left on my body

He took my LRS mosin and all my stuff and when I awoke I hear him shooting it from berezino apartments, I see a couple of newspawns running away and none of these shots appear to be hitting him

Anyway, found an SKS with 10 rounds and fired at few at him when he stood up on the roof, but he ducked down

Don't know if I hit him but by the time I got on the roof he had logged

Typical

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

In short: Yes. Yes, we have gone insane. Why? I do not know. I approached DayZ, when it was a mod, as my friends told me it was this awesome Zombie survival game. Although I did not get to play it at the time I quickly turned to YouTube videos in order to see what I was missing out on.

I quickly realized that the game is not about zombies at all. It is about weird ass player interactions and the incredibly clunky but still lovable engine that is Arma 2. I laughed so hard the first time I saw someone ride his bike away from another guy chasing him with a shovel, screaming mild profanities at him. It was basically something I had not seen before and from that point on I decided that I had to play it.

I got SA when it came out and I was told that this one would focus more on the actual surviving aspects. But. Nope. Not really. There were less zombies around and to top it off they were also significantly weaker. I went back to DayZ Mod/Overwatch for a while but that thing had weapons and vehicles everywhere and made it kind of lackluster for me.

So. Now I am back playing DayZ almost daily. Why? Because I love that you can log on to the game and every single day something absolutely ridiculous will happen. Granted, this is mostly due to my personality and that I force these kind of random events of nonsense but still. It is like a shooter with a really strange and weird twist to it, for me.

Some obvious twelve year olds scream obscene words at me. Some just wants to shout racist remarks at me as soon as I play as one of the non-caucasian characters and some play the silent bandit that will go out of their way to kill you no matter what.

Myself? At the moment I just play it as the local weirdo. I trust no one and I usually end up in really strange situations due to my approach of playing it basically like a crazy person.

Should the racist idiots stay away from this game? Yes, please. Should cheaters and hackers be banned? Of course. But is any of the "legit" ways of playing "correct" compared to others? Not really. Your perception of how the game SHOULD be played may not match with mine. I think we all need to accept that an open ended game like this will always mean that there will be many people in the game with VASTLY different outlooks on the game.

I actually think we need KoS and backstabbing, without it the game would be too lame imo. It adds suspense and immersion and a feeling of never being safe.

If the survival aspect is inforced however, then focus could of course shift from shooter more towards survival. Anyway, that was my rant. Here is a video of me playing. Some hate it, some love it. It is DayZ.

Edited by JimWalsh4President

I know I probably just have rose-tinted glasses, but when I was a kid and playing Allied Assault online with people I don't remember it being so common for kids to yell about your sexuality and race, and what they allegedly did with your mother. If I had a child I hope I would be doing a better job of monitoring their internet use, or playing the games with them.

• Like 5

I don't mind the "I am going to kill you F*CKER" or similar phrases during a heated moment, that is fine and within what I think is accepted. Actually, it can be kind of fun if it is part of a fight or "role playing" of sorts. It is the obvious racist and sexist PERSONAL attacks, that go beyond your character even, that I despise. And they are usually performed by the young ones, I agree.

Edited by JimWalsh4President
  • Like 1

I have started going outside as Children are creeping into all games I play. I hate parents too.
next time you see a child in the street. Kick it in the gusts and cause some internal bleeding. I am meaning the 10yr olds to 14yr olds. 15yr olds punch in the throat and anything up the age of 18 just shoot to kill.

Yes I have no children nor do I care for them.

If you cannot remember the MSN gaming zone, I hate your generation.

Edited by deus_drone
  • Like 5

If you cannot remember the MSN gaming zone, I hate your generation.

God, I laughed so hard. Have some beans just for this.

God, I laughed so hard. Have some beans just for this.

Dont forget the days of everyone using xfire :P

i agree. although ive only had about 2 encounters where people are disrespectful and scream in the mic, or in my favorate case so far, play a sound clip 'im so fresh, you can suck my nuts' over and over again about 20 times as he looted my body.

• Like 1

i agree. although ive only had about 2 encounters where people are disrespectful and scream in the mic, or in my favorate case so far, play a sound clip 'im so fresh, you can suck my nuts' over and over again about 20 times as he looted my body.

you should've recorded it, man. hahahaha

• Like 1

I feel your pain OP....I was shot for the 1st time at NEAF....after id been shot and (guess he was looting my corpse) I made the mistake of saying "Good game.....did you have eyes on for a while?" or something like that in direct chat....begin a torrent of "you nab fuc***" "Suck my balls"....blah blah.

One of the best dayz experiences I ever had was me and a friend bumping into these 2 guys in a ural....now we started it lol....we shot at them from our huey. But that engagement ended up lasting nearly an hour. Them trying to run us chasing....me dropping off my friend to snipe them while I flew distraction.

It ended with 1 death on each side and me flying to grab my m8 while the other guy must have drove to pick up his. The best bit of it all was discussing it for another 30 mins after we were all safe. They were real good sports about it all and we had many more run ins over the coming months, all ending with lols on both sides and a good convo about the whole thing afterwards.

Don't loose hope op, there are a lot of mature people on the game. I think we will see them come together when private hives arrive. Making communities free of this childish immature crap :)

• Like 1

I feel your pain OP....I was shot for the 1st time at NEAF....after id been shot and (guess he was looting my corpse) I made the mistake of saying "Good game.....did you have eyes on for a while?" or something like that in direct chat....begin a torrent of "you nab fuc***" "Suck my balls"....blah blah.

This is one thing that winds me up too. It's not often I get mad when someone kills me, only when they did it through some questionable means, but there's nothing more annoying than telling your killer "good shot" or "you got me" and only getting abuse as a response. I don't know how many times I have had some kid laugh and say things like "I f*ck you b*tch, I f*ck you face" down the mic in broken English.
  • Like 3

Can't agree. Mostly, because I make the distinction between "Shooter" and "Military Simulator" like Arma, DayZ is based upon.

Semantics.. but Okay, you got me there LOL ;)

I never call anything a military simulator unless it strictly and solely is a military simulator, having been in the military myself.. so I make my own distinctions there as well. When something is a video game, its a shooter to me. 

• Like 2

So, I dont mind getting killed, im actually quite bad at this game as I only give it a few hours here and there due to playing way too much Arma 3 breaking point (which rocks btw), and due to it being so horribly optimized at the present time.

One thing I notice though, is every time I get killed I have some fuckwit 12 - 20 year old yelling the crudest shit, either while trying to kill me or after hes killed me. This isnt a WAAHH KOS rant, I enjoy KOS, its part of the game and its what makes it great but for fuck sakes do we need all the "naww you dirty c**t I fwaaarkin nailed you son" 

If I walked into my kids room and he was talkin shit like half the smack heads in this game I reckon id jam his head phones down his throat.

Someone show me the light, cause I want to enjoy this game, I just dont want to listen to these idiots.

cool down

private hives will come.   as will roleplay servers

So, I dont mind getting killed, im actually quite bad at this game as I only give it a few hours here and there due to playing way too much Arma 3 breaking point (which rocks btw), and due to it being so horribly optimized at the present time.

One thing I notice though, is every time I get killed I have some fuckwit 12 - 20 year old yelling the crudest shit, either while trying to kill me or after hes killed me. This isnt a WAAHH KOS rant, I enjoy KOS, its part of the game and its what makes it great but for fuck sakes do we need all the "naww you dirty c**t I fwaaarkin nailed you son" 

If I walked into my kids room and he was talkin shit like half the smack heads in this game I reckon id jam his head phones down his throat.

Someone show me the light, cause I want to enjoy this game, I just dont want to listen to these idiots.

Didn't they tell you? All the kids that are either way to young, or are now bored with Xbox call of duty, are now coming over to PC!

To the OP, yep - that's whats is happening right now, a lot of kiddies playing the game for the social and funny aspect but as a lot of people pointed out, get off the coast and it becomes more interesting. Even up in the hills of Berezino on a full server you can find some gripping action!

This is not a survival sim like many perceive it to be. It tries to achieve that, but this is why Dean states the game is fundamentally flawed..

No you took that statement the wrong way! Dean said the game is flawed by design because there is no end game - that makes for a textbook "flawed" game. Yet it works as players make their own end game or at least make their own stories and gameplay.

As for the survival aspect, its important to remind ourselves that the game is still being tweaked and will be for some time but ask yourself this: If next week a patch comes along that removes say 75% of the food loot and introduces water purification mandatory or illness, what would you think then of the survival aspect?  Its clear that at present, once you are kitted out and healthy the food/drink is not required that much but it wouldn't take much to tip the balance and it will eventually (i hope!)

Edited by zeroy99

Its easy.. get the hell off the coast.

So true, I can count on one hand the number of players I've seen past Zeleno.

• Like 1