powderdtoastman

Is there a way to know how i died

So im in the northwest airfield on a low pop server, i rummage thru the air control tower and as im walking down the stairs i step off the side with only three steps to go; about a half second later my screen goes black and it says i died. I never heard a gunshot or saw anyone and initially assumed that a glitch in the  game misread how far i fell, but someone could have certainly sniped me from outside with the door open. I was fully geared with 500 rounds of ammo, but it was my fourth death so i diddnt cry too hard. 

Short of coming back to view my body, is there any way to know how i died? I looked for the tracker on the bottom left as soon as i died but diddnt see anything. I may have missed it though because i was so in shock. I camped that area for 30 minutes before i approached it....someone could have spawned in i guess...

There is no kill log or anything like that so no it is highly unlikely you will ever find out if you do not play with others. Sounds to me like you were either sniped or fell foul to one of the many terrible bugs there are in this early alpha, i myself fell down a few steps in the firestation over there and died once and i was fuming after hours of gearing up this character and no way to get back to him. I now avoid nwaf for this reason.

I was going to meet with my buddy and give him a case of ammo.

I had two ammo crates each with 40 rounds in each slot. we were going to meet and go to a high pop server to have fun.

Edited by hi_plains_drifter

I was going to meet with my buddy and give him a case of ammo.

I had two ammo crates each with 40 rounds in each slot. we were going to meet and go to a high pop server to have fun.

Honestly buddy although the nwaf is the best place on the map it is quite buggy atm and also there is no way in hell you can retrieve your stuff yourself either, just avoid it if you can. was your friend at the nwaf ? if he was he could search your body and if your trousers were ruined then you probably fell a few feet to your death.

So im in the northwest airfield on a low pop server, i rummage thru the air control tower and as im walking down the stairs i step off the side with only three steps to go; 

Small falls, even as small as this, can cause broken legs and even death.  

I've broken my leg several times coming off the edge of a stair set in a barn.  

There is also a bug ( I think, unconfirmed) where the fall distance is somehow amplified - so a small fall effects you like you jump off a cliff.  I was climbing around Pik Koslova the other day (the rocks) and I slid down the side of one quite slowly; dead.  

Welcome to DayZ Alpha, bro. :)

Edited by wacktopia

There is no way to find out how you died and there won't be. You are dead, you can't think about it afterwards, you're starting a new life. It's all about the immersion, dude.

• Like 1

There is no way to find out how you died and there won't be. You are dead, you can't think about it afterwards, you're starting a new life. It's all about the immersion, dude.

If he died falling down three steps immersion goes to hell pretty much ....

no, its just like in real life, you don´t know how you died (sometimes) and you just respawn… right? lol just kidding.

Small falls, even as small as this, can cause broken legs and even death.  

I've broken my leg several times coming off the edge of a stair set in a barn.  

There is also a bug ( I think, unconfirmed) where the fall distance is somehow amplified - so a small fall effects you like you jump off a cliff.  I was climbing around Pik Koslova the other day (the rocks) and I slid down the side of one quite slowly; dead.  

Welcome to DayZ Alpha, bro. :)

I have the feeling there is a bug with this as well.  There also needs to be varying levels of leg injuries, just adding something like a sprained ankle that slows you down before full out broken leg crawlsky mode would be a huge improvement.

Edited by Jayrod

why do you need 500 rounds?

everybody needs that.