hotcakes

Wear your helmets, folks

2 rounds of 5.56 later and I'm still alive.

a8uHpeL.jpg

I always strive to have a fresh one on my dome, and one in my jacket/shirt for added chest protection of any degree.. 

Still have not been killed. (Once I was killed but it was on purpose on my part - approached bandit squad unarmed and flipped them off ;) lol)

Edited by lrish

REALISM!!!!!

Authenticity!!!

Edited by gibonez

Press vests save lives too!

The U.N Helmet + Vest combo actually saved me another time, but I couldn't get a screencap of it.

I was running out of a police station I looted with my fists up  when a guy shotguns me. Twice. My legs broke and I fell to the street. I got my weapon out and called out to my group that the guy was behind a bus stop, and they shoot him down. Aside from busted legs and gear, I was completely fine. Here's the gear that blew up:

U.N Helmet ruined

Wool coat badly damaged

Press Vest ruined

Hunter pants ruined

• Like 1

Lol nice, i was counter sniping a group of like 5 bandits on elektro,got 3 one manages to spot me and hits me in the vest but im fine, kill him, then his friend shoots me in the head kill him, im fine. Happiest day of my life

• Like 1

Your guy looks like he's seen some shit lol. I like that picture.

Last time I remember surviving being shot, it wasn't because of any extra protection (helmet, vest). I was shot in the ass and then I booked it into a nearby building. Pants were ruined (So were my irl pants).

• Like 3

Happiest day of my life

In game dayz? :DDDDD Get a life?

Even MORE reason to wear a helmet.  Even if its just a motorbike helmet because that DOES save you from .22 rounds.  Also, not trying to promote my own video but just skip to the end if you want to see what I mean.
  • Like 1

I think you're in the wrong forum.

Edited by Geckofrog7

I have a life its called playing dayz and killing idiots like you :D

My life was saved by a helmet 30 minutes ago. I was looting Polana and a guy got the drop on me with his fists. I had a helmet, some basic gear, and a pickaxe. He had a rifle on his back, but since he was going with fists, I figured he was probably without ammo.

"Dude, leave me alone." I sound annoyed but non-agressive. He's already landed a couple hits, and I'm bleeding.

He says something unintelligible, so I try to sprint away. He lowers fists and sprints after me. After a few seconds of this, I get on the mic again.

"Come on, don't make me fight you...okay then!" He continues to hit me, drawing more blood, but I raise my pickaxe and hit him twice, aiming for the head. He drops unconscious.

"Hey man. I made it very clear that I wasn't in a fighting mood. Now I get your stuff." I patch myself up and grab that rifle. Nice. I actually have ammo for it.

"There's not much there." Is all I hear him say. Verily, he didn't have much else.

"Nice rifle. All right, now I think I'm gonna patch you up, because I don't know why. I guess you'll wake up when you wake up. Bye!"

He got better than he deserved. I even left him his cowboy hat. A lot of good it did for him. Helmets FTW.

Edited by Ubernaut
  • Like 1

I can't give up my pilots helmet its a beaut.

I'm wearing the TTsKO jacket/pants. I gave up 5 inventory slots going from the mountain pack to the hunting pack so I didn't stand out. I risked the industrial section of Berezino for black/green paint so I could camo my Mosin. I even went so far as to drop my pristine press vest so I could pick up a camo assault vest. But they will have to pry that ZSh3 Pilot Helm from my cold, dead body and I'll be spitting lead the whole way down! As I bleed out, having given away my position due to my glaring white pilot's helmet, my only regret will be that I couldn't have the gas mask equipped as well--viva la aesthetics!!

Edited by Soulsworn

I can't give up my pilots helmet its a beaut.

Can you please pass the message to the devs, to make it paintable?

I would like to wear pilot's helmet, but wearing white is practicaly a suicide.

edit: Also did anybody compare how much does it protect vs the ballistic one?

Edited by Hombre

even painted they still kinda big and a distinctive sillhouette, however you spell it (pilot one i mean) but yeah woudl be cool if they were paintable, sry op off topic

Edited by qww

Can you please pass the message to the devs, to make it paintable?

I would like to wear pilot's helmet, but wearing white is practicaly a suicide.

edit: Also did anybody compare how much does it protect vs the ballistic one?

http://dayzdb.com/item/188-zsh3-pilot-helmet

Pilot helmet has a ballistic protection of 0.7, the bal. helmets have a value of 1.5.

Maybe it'll take a shot of 9mm or .45 ACP. 

Motorcycle Helmet is hands down 100% more efficient than ballistic helmet in this game.

Facts:

-If you get sniped in the head from a mosin it doesn't matter what you are wearing.

-If someone is shooting you with a m4 or other semi auto chances are,, you are getting shot more than once body/head and will likely die anyways.

Reason:

You can survive kamikaze mike tyson fresh spawns who can take all your belongings in 3 punches if you are wearing a ballistic. The the Motorcycle Helmet... you turn into Rocky.

Edited by Shaeg
  • Like 2

Motorcycle Helmet is hands down 100% more efficient than ballistic helmet in this game.

Maybe if you're playing lone. I don't see how newspawns can sneak up on a group.

http://dayzdb.com/item/188-zsh3-pilot-helmet

Pilot helmet has a ballistic protection of 0.7, the bal. helmets have a value of 1.5.

Maybe it'll take a shot of 9mm or .45 ACP. 

Thanks for that.

Facts:

-If you get sniped in the head from a mosin it doesn't matter what you are wearing.

My two buddies both survived headshot with Mosin from under 100m.

They both went into coma, but after we eliminated the shooter, we salined them and they were ok.

It was over month ago though, so not sure if they changed anything.