Sign in to follow this  
maninthewall

A third M1911

M1911  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want this WW2 M1911 model in DayZ SA?

Since there are already two modern M1911s with somewhat similar skins, could you implement a third 1911?

All you have to do is reskin it, I want this bad baby and I'm sure other do too.

xxzTivn.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone who doesn't want an old-style M1911 should see a doctor. :P

• Like 7

Anyone who doesn't want an old-style M1911 should see a doctor. :P

JK89ur1.jpg

They should stop adding rifles and start giving us more sexy pistols to play with

• Like 2

JK89ur1.jpg

They should stop adding rifles and start giving us more sexy pistols to play with

Though we do need the Makarov first.

Marakov_PM.jpg

• Like 7

It would require a whole new model so it probably won't happen.

I'm not a fan of the railed 1911 with the random Spartan's Head grips... methinks it ugly.

If they put a third one, then we definitely need more mags spawning!!  :lol:

• Like 1

No the fact that there are two types already is odd. Waste of time for a silly skin rather see a different side arm show up perhaps one that doesn't suck. Currently the in game 1911 blows.

No the fact that there are two types already is odd. Waste of time for a silly skin rather see a different side arm show up perhaps one that doesn't suck. Currently the in game 1911 blows.

Nah. Not really. Seeing different skins will really add to loot diversity, sure it's the same gun, but it looks different, but it's technically a different variant all together.

• Like 1

They released three damn pistols in the last update (plus the engraved 1911). We've also got a P-1 coming soon. Do we really need more pistols right now? How about some more shotguns/submachine-guns or even just non-guns.

They released three damn pistols in the last update (plus the engraved 1911). We've also got a P-1 coming soon. Do we really need more pistols right now? How about some more shotguns/submachine-guns or even just non-guns.

I agree.

We need atleast 1 pump shotgun 1 semi auto shotgun, a 5.56/.223 bolt action rifle, a .22 lr bolt action rifle a submachinegun in 9mm, and finally a carbine in a pistol caliber.

We have enough pistols and most of them are useless and never used by people due to lack of magazines.

I agree.

We need atleast 1 pump shotgun 1 semi auto shotgun, a 5.56/.223 bolt action rifle, a .22 lr bolt action rifle a submachinegun in 9mm, and finally a carbine in a pistol caliber.

We have enough pistols and most of them are useless and never used by people due to lack of magazines.

Yeah. I do like more pistols, but they need to focus on making more guns of categories we don't have.

Hopefully in the end we can have like 10 variants of every type of gun.

Yeah. I do like more pistols, but they need to focus on making more guns of categories we don't have.

Hopefully in the end we can have like 10 variants of every type of gun.

*20 variants

It doesn't matter. The 1911 is honestly a crappy gun with a terrible capacity, doesn't hit well far out, and jams frequently. I would never use it.

It's the quintessential first-time complete failure of semi-automatic handguns being produced on a mass scale.

Edited by Ozelot

It doesn't matter. The 1911 is honestly a crappy gun with a terrible capacity, doesn't hit well far out, and jams frequently. I would never use it.

It's the quintessential first-time complete failure of semi-automatic handguns being produced on a mass scale.

The 1911, a crappy gun? I doubt it.

By today's standards, maybe, as there are better handguns out there, but the fact that it was the U.S. military's handgun of choice for 74 years (not to mention still seeing use today) sort of negates what you said.

Then again, a lot of people seem to think the US military has terrible equipment, so, I guess I could be wrong.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

The old M1911 is the best of them all, but I also think 3 M1911s is a bit too much. Voted yes anyway.

We need more shotguns (different kinds of) and more assault rifles/carbines/submachine guns :D

Edited by EvilTigerAce

I know this is silly but what about robocops pistol?? 

list_2_66_20101210_080838_275.jpg

Robocop has too much swag for DayZ

It's a modified Beretta M93r. I'd buy that for a dollar!! :D  Maybe when mods gets a go when the game is finished. The M93r is already in some of the variants of the DayZ mod.

Ah just looked at the m39r, I recognise that baby.  Maybe in the mode they will do the muzzle attachment that looks like robo's pistol

Nah, I'm good. Granted, I wouldn't grab the pitchforks if they added a vanilla 1911. But, I'd rather other weapons go in its place.

Hell yeah! Let's add light saber skin for shovels too!

Hello There

its a wonderful pistol IMHO. I find the.45 is overrated though.

It may not be the best handgun out there, but it's inspired many copies and derivatives, there has to be a reason for it to be that iconic.

Glocks for example, whilst a smaller icon of their own, will never imprint themselves on the mind of the populace in the same way as the 1911 although they are arguably "better" pistols.

I like its simplicity. Like the Sten.

Rgds

LoK