gibonez

Weapons need to spawn with atleast 1 magazine in them.

Regarding the realism factor, I think spawning weapons without magazines in them makes sense. What you're assuming is that the apocaIypse has just begun and therefore weapons and magazines should be near each other because logically speaking that's where people would keep their magazines, close by, just like how food and can openers should be in the same kitchen, saline bags and iv kits flooding hospitals etc... But that isn't the case is it? You enter a home and it's literally empty, not even a fridge to raid, why? Because the assumption is that apocalypse hasn't just begun, if it did, every home would be a treasure trove and one visit to the police station and you're pretty much solid for the next few weeks. Chernarus has already been ransacked to shit by previous survivors who have bolted (or died), you're just stuck with the leftovers.

Now that the assumption has been cleared up, if buildings have been ransacked and all that's left is a few items here and there, it would make total sense to walk into a police station find a sporter but no magazine. Think about it, zombies have invaded the town, everyone is freaking out/dying, you're the first to reach the police station (another assumption here is that the cops haven't taken all the weapons for themselves, but that's another discussion), you find 10 sporters, and a buttload of magazines. Do you pick up all 10 sporters? Realistically, no, you're not the hulk, you pick up maybe one, or even two if you've got a wife waiting for you in the car, and stash as many magazines and bullets as you can carry and not be weighed down, and you're on your way. Fast forward to current day Chernarus after the police station has been looted multiple times by the settlers of Chernarus, finding a weapon with no magazine in it or near by is a very viable scenario.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying REALISM UBER ALLES, I understand Chernarus doesn't exist, zombies don't exist, we're talking about completely hypothetical scenarios, and it's just a game. I agree that in a "realistic" game some realism must be sacrificed in favor of fun game mechanics and enjoyability, I'm just addressing the fact that the assumption made earlier that guns and their magazines are stored close by because that's where people keep them and therefore guns (sporters) in Chernarus should spawn with magazines, is not an entirely correct assumption to make given the circumstances of a zombie apocalypse and the current state of the city you're in (already ransacked).

My two cents.

This would make the game a lot easier. As people would use more military guns, thats why the no mag guns have an advantage, although a rare chance a mag would spawn in the same building would make sense

This would make the game a lot easier. As people would use more military guns, thats why the no mag guns have an advantage, although a rare chance a mag would spawn in the same building would make sense

Most of the affected guns are the civilian guns.

The m4 is not affected due to the sheer amount of military spawns and the sheer number of magazines that spawn in close vicinity to the m4.

Currently the weapons that are most affected are civilian weapons such as handguns with magazines and the ruger 1022.

Having mags spawn with the weapons would not really make the game easier due to ammo still having to be found, it would merely make some weapons viable instead of ignored like they are now.

• Like 1

Most of the affected guns are the civilian guns.

The m4 is not affected due to the sheer amount of military spawns and the sheer number of magazines that spawn in close vicinity to the m4.

Currently the weapons that are most affected are civilian weapons such as handguns with magazines and the ruger 1022.

Having mags spawn with the weapons would not really make the game easier due to ammo still having to be found, it would merely make some weapons viable instead of ignored like they are now.

I see where you are coming from, but civ weapons spawning with a mag would defeat the purpose of chambering a bullet now wouldn't it. I don't ignore the fnx cause 1 bullet can do a lot.

This is about spawning weapons with empty mags nearby if not in the same loot pile as weapons.

Makes little sense to spawn a sporter 22 in a cabin in electro but magazines somehow being stored 4km away in a military tent.

This is a solution, I could accept.

Mags  and clips should be empty, when when found, in general, there should be a slim chance for each gun, to contain one.

M4 mags are over abundant, while other mag types are a lucky find. If M4 mags were rarer and would spawn empty, the chance to find 556 ammo packages would have to be increased, of course.

For mags or clips for some starter weapons, there really it the problem, that once you find the mag, you probably found some better gun in the mean time.

The Sportster, Blaze and Amphibia are affected by this, in my opinion (though I admit that this is a matter of taste or preference) .

Edited by GuzMaan
  • Like 1

I agree with all pistols having an empty mag in them. Really stupid otherwise, imagine if the Revolver spawned without cylinder...

I agree with all pistols having an empty mag in them. Really stupid otherwise, imagine if the Revolver spawned without cylinder...

That might actually be pretty hilarious.

This has nothing to do with ammo.

Ammo should be as rare as it is if not rarer than it is now.

This about some weapons being rendered useless at the moment due to the scarcity of magazines for said weapons .

I have yet to see a single person with a ruger 1022 and that is a weapon readily found in the game and ammo for it everywhere.

Why you might ask probably because magazines are insanely rare for the weapon.

This is about making some weapons viable instead of pretty useless.

You don't need to spawn ammo with weapons to achieve that, all that has to be done is balance loot. One session I could be finding a shotgun but only ammo for a Ruger and switch to that when I find the weapon and in another session just the opposite. I have seen people with Rugers in game but yea it is more common to see people with Mosin/SKS/M4 as those are the preferred weapons. This is because weapon/ammo loot spawns are not tiered/balanced yet so it can be just as easy to find an SKS as it would be to find a shotgun at the moment. In fact, in my own experience, I find more Mosins and SKS's than shotguns/Blazers/Rugers which should be the other way around imo.

Only difference being the cylinder is in-build unlike a magazine. You have to disassemble part of the weapon in order to remove it hence your comparison doesn't make any sense. Anyway, I do agree it doesn't make sense realistically not to have at least an empty magazine with a weapon, still it won't add anything to gameplay except convenience.

Edited by weedmasta

I'd be ok if there was like 20% chance for weapon to spawn with empty magazine (or few bullets max).

I think that chance could be slightly bigger for pistols and Sporter, for obvious reason (Sporter rather weak, pistols ultra short range).

It's quite on contrary! M4 magazines are already too common, which makes that gun used too much.

If M4's mags were much more rare, and pistols + Sporter had good chance of spawning with empty mag, that would help as people would use these weapons more.

Edited by Hombre

Never found it to be a problem.  Certainly not one that needs such a poor 'fix'.  Magazines and ammo are not hard to get hold of.

Also one trip to balota tents and you can usually find a magazine for any of the pistols.

• Like 1

In that case they should make the Mosin and SKS spawn without bolts, and the Python should spawn without a cylinder. Doesn't make sense, but makes it harder to get a working weapon no?

In countries where you are required by law to store firearms unloaded and with bolts removed, the bolts and ammo would be stored nearby in a locked container/s.

Also one trip to balota tents and you can usually find a magazine for any of the pistols.

I've got 8 magazines for the 1911 after doing a Tent run.

This would just encourage KOS.

Ok so let's remove all weapons from game, surely that would discourage KOS properly!

Most people irl that I have known safely store the clip away from the gun.  I think it should all depend upon location.  Weapon lockers may have guns with clips where a house may have an gun and mag separate. Not always the chance, but weapons with clips should be rarer then guns without.

of what use for home defence is a unloaded gun? lol.

Again: Military weapons are ALWAYS stored in the armories without magazines, civ weapons are usually the contrary.

And dont even get me started on this "KOS" bullshit. You Dont want pvp? go play hello kitty online.

Edited by lipemr

In that case they should make the Mosin and SKS spawn without bolts, and the Python should spawn without a cylinder. Doesn't make sense, but makes it harder to get a working weapon no?

That's not my point but I wouldn't mind that actually, not at all.

• Like 1

Never found it to be a problem.  Certainly not one that needs such a poor 'fix'.  Magazines and ammo are not hard to get hold of.

Unless you don't want to go to one of the military bases.

The issue here is that if I find an Amphibia, 1911, or FNX45 at any of the normal towns, why should I pick it up? I can have tons of .45 ACP and a bucketload of .22 LR, but I can only chamber one round, and since none of those magazines spawn in civilian / residential areas, I'm out of luck.

This forces me to only get to use these guns when I spend an hour or so looting NWAF and Balota, due to their tent camps.

The magazines rarely spawn. They are hard to get a hold of, because they only spawn at the military tent camps, firestations, and a few other specific places.

of what use for home defence is a unloaded gun? lol.

Again: Military weapons are ALWAYS stored in the armories without magazines, civ weapons are usually the contrary.

And dont even get me started on this "KOS" bullshit. You Dont want pvp? go play hello kitty online.

IRL most people own more then one gun and don't keep them all loaded.  Most are kept apart with trigger locks, without ammo, in cases.

Example would be.  A gun found in a cabinet would have a lower chance of spawning with clip then one found under the bed or nightstand.

If the argument is "Gun owners keep their magazines and ammunition near or with their firearms. Thats how it really works." I want proper gun storage. All long barrel rifles and shot guns will be secured in a gun locker or vault in the case of a military spawn, with steel cable ran through the trigger guard and bolts kept separate in a bolt box locked in a safe. Handguns should be secured in a home safe or lock box with trigger locks placed in the trigger guard. I know alot of American players will have a hard time wrapping your heads around this much security, but you go to any other 1st or 2nd world country that enforces gun control and you find these stipulations in place. Image the QQ threads when players have to carry around bolt cutters and hack saw just to get a 9mm :D

• Like 1

Id love for there to be the chance of an empty mag and if you come across a weapon you can take its mag as a spare.

Hell no, this would make the game super easy. Its part of the challenge, you find a gun but the struggle is you don't have any ammo. Makes it more interesting because you don't no if you should get your gun out for show and pretend you have ammo but then if someone tries to attack you, you cant use it, or you just keep it on your back and use your axe or crowbar or anything else you have. Not every gun you find in the world with have a fully loaded magazine in this will also just increase KoS a tonne, Bambi's on the coast will find a gun and will just shoot you every time you try and help them because if they found a gun they way you are saying with ammo in they will just stab you in the back because they will shoot you to get your gear and then be sad because they did not get a head shot and all you gear in ruined. Lets be honest its really not hard to find a gun and get full military loot atm any way, in fact its actually really really easy, there are so many places with guns and ammo in, if anything there should be less ammo and less guns not more.      

Edited by ThatBritshGuy

But it absolutely does atleast in the future it will.

Right now there is very few weapons and magazines for them so having to go and loot for a specific mag type is not a problem.

Imagine 2 years from now when there are 2 dozen rifles and 2 dozen pistols each with their own obscure magazine .

Do we really need the loot tables full of magazine types or wouldn't it just make sense to spawn each weapon with a few empty mags in civilian houses and will full mags at crash sites.

Dude, weapons are everywhere, from spawning in you can get a weapon in about 10 minutes.

Guns should have a small chance to spawn with or near a magazine with a random number of rounds in it. Only a small one, mind. One of the things that I enjoy most in DayZ is actually looking for stuff. I once spent several hours looking for a pistol for the two different magazines I had, or a magazine for the two pistols I had. A small chance to have a weapon spawn with a magazine is fine, but I don't want to be spoon-fed; it spoils the game.

I like having to sacrifice one weapon for another because I have ammo/ a mag for that weapon. I once dropped an M4 for a B95 because I had a few rounds for the B95. If the M4 had a magazine already attached I'd probably stick with it since 5.56 is common as mud.

Finding a pristine military weapon with a pre-attached magazine should be a "holy shit, I lucked out" moment. In short, it should be rare.