rigz

question about reloading guns

what is wrong ?

I have a .357 magnum + speedloader and a sks + 10 clip loader and i can't to seem to reload these guns by pressing R, i need to manually take the clip/speedloader out of the gun and drag it into my inventory and then empty + put ammo in it, wich is very annoying + not handy in combat situations.

In the past i never had problems with reloading my guns in dayz standalone, and i even set an extra key to reload to see if it worked then, but no.

anyone same problem or do i need to do something ?? and yes i played on experimental servers today as i do sometimes maybe something went wrong there lol

posted some screens with this situation!

ps: even with speedloader or clip that is not full, i cannot even reload then cause i see on this pictures both clips are full but even when not full still not possible to reload.

0tJvd5.jpg

pSq2NT.jpg

Edited by rigz

I don't believe you're suppose to reload with "r", it's never worked for me. Just the drag/drop solution which i think is intended for this game, unless you run totally out of ammo and u can press f to switch cartridges on the m4 not sure if it works with the sks but it works with the m4 not sure about the speedloader.

Load both the magnum and sks with loose rounds. When you're empty or need to reload, hit R, and it will load the speedloaders. You can't reload with loose rounds unless you drag and drop.

• Like 3

The speedloaders have to be in your inventory and not loaded in the weapon to "speed load" them

• Like 2

Load both the magnum and sks with loose rounds. When you're empty or need to reload, hit R, and it will load the speedloaders. You can't reload with loose rounds unless you drag and drop.

^^  This is the correct answer. Reload works perfectly when you have clips or mags in your inventory. Load your guns with the loose rounds and in the heat of a firefight you use R to reload your clips, or mags accordingly.

I don't believe you're suppose to reload with "r", it's never worked for me. Just the drag/drop solution which i think is intended for this game, unless you run totally out of ammo and u can press f to switch cartridges on the m4 not sure if it works with the sks but it works with the m4 not sure about the speedloader.

Quote:Reload works perfectly when you have clips or mags in your inventory. Load your guns with the loose rounds and in the heat of a firefight you use R to reload your clips, or mags accordingly. This is the right way to do it.

I see lots of loose ammunition and only one stripper clip. As said you can't load loose ammo, or at least in my experience with pistols and M4.

Edited by haknslash

I reloaded with "r" today in stable branch. Looks to me like a glitched inventory items if youre saying theyre empty but dont say so.. Perhaps re-log and see if anything changes.. Or dropping them and picking them up again...

p.s. Ive never used a speedloader, just regular magazines for the CR75 etc... So i cant really say much about that..

Yesterday I was able to reload my SKS with a stripper clip...altough I didn't have a stripper clip in my inventory, just stacks of 10/ammo.
Guessing it's a bug or something idk

thanks guys, yes the clip/speedloader went into inventory makes perfect sense now ! guess i will be searching another speedloader then ;-)

Yesterday I was able to reload my SKS with a stripper clip...altough I didn't have a stripper clip in my inventory, just stacks of 10/ammo.

Guessing it's a bug or something idk

That is just the animation. It will play whenever you reload the SKS, has nothing to do with the actual reloading of the gun.

That is just the animation. It will play whenever you reload the SKS, has nothing to do with the actual reloading of the gun.

Well it did give me a full 10 rounds in my SKS...altough I understand what you're saying