exomonkeyman

Any way to raid a military jail with armed people in it?

Ill just leave this right here

lol

only one answer: ignorant! how does 3pp server affect to you while you are playing on 1pp?

Hello There.

So for sure buildings need more work for (gameplay) purposes.

So me and my mate have seen so so many armed & geared players in the military jail and there is literally no way you can kill/raid the guys on the top floor. No matter what you do you can't win. It's always the same thing. You just have to let them combat log. Or you just have to leave. No way can you get up them stairs without being shot.

Anyone got some good tactics?

as one almost said, go to high ground and scope into windows.

you can also go to the end of the room in the bottom floor, to look between the stairs if there is someone crouching.

last time i did this, killing 2 people camping inside there: one of these guys was upstairs in the corner chasing me in 3rd person, as i was going upstairs with sks in 1st person, as soon as i knew i will see him now i started shooting and went upstairs. 1st down.

the other was in the bedroom. same thing. started shooting bevor looking around the corner and moved to kill

It worries me that you give a flying fuck that other people play on 3rd person servers.

You like 1st person. That's cool. There's nothing wrong with that.. and if DayZ went to 100% 1st person on all servers I wouldn't complain. I would actually be a bit excited about it.

Buuuuut.. being so overtly hostile toward 3rd person servers and the people who play on them just makes you look kind of like an ass.

Hostile? lol, thats not my channel princess.

• Like 1

Assuming they're being typical wall peaking, camping scumbags, your best chance of successful surviving an assault on those buildings is not to bother in the first place, set up in a location where they're unlikely to be able to peak on you by wall leaning and then ambush them when they attempt to leave.

Another option is, if you suspect they're being cheap bastards is to sit down and pretend you're logging out, then shoot them when they run out to attempt to kill you for your gear.

• Like 1

Hostile? lol, thats not my channel princess.

In that case, my bad. :)

when i still had my pressvest i was the designated bulletmagnet for my team :D 

i had to go in first with my buddys close behind ... jeah those days ( lost my pressvest through desync while climbing up a ladder ) aaaaarghh

when i still had my pressvest i was the designated bulletmagnet for my team :D

i had to go in first with my buddys close behind ... jeah those days ( lost my pressvest through desync while climbing up a ladder ) aaaaarghh

Generally when we're clearing these buildings in a two person team, my friend who prefers the m4 and shotguns breeches the main door crouched and I follow with my pistol (since I'm generally carrying a Mosin as a primary) standing upright, so I can fire over her head at the same target if required, once we reach the stairs she clears the ground floor while I back my way up the stairs to the second floor and check there, generally by the time I've cleared the hallway room she has finished clearing downstairs and watches the door while I clear the upstairs bunk room.

Obviously that works only on 1pp hive, though.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

If there's more than one of you, don't let them know that. If they think you're alone and see you leave, they may come down to the loving embrace of your friend hiding under the stairs.

Or if you can, get a sniper with a vantage point into the window in the hallway.

Or just wait it out. If they log, they log. Personally I would sit there for a very long time if I knew someone was below me

LOL i was going to say this however it will only work on a 1st person server for obvious reasons.

Sit outside and play this

through the mic.

Tested. It works.

(Hell, I need to start shadowplaying this kinda thing! :lol: )

• Like 1

Sit outside and play this

through the mic.

Tested. It works.

(Hell, I need to start shadowplaying this kinda thing! :lol: )

I think I love you.  Whomever is on the receiving end of this however, will likely not.  Also @ Scruffy, be sure you aren't literally behind your friend. I was lucky once and popped a pair of guys that followed me into a house. 

Edited by HutchTheFreaker

hrm makes me think flash-bangs or grenades should be allowed but extremely rare - that's how real tac units work right? lacking items to even the score however, maybe you could simply overwhelm them with numbers - go up 4 at time with 2 facing forward and 2 facing back while shooting the whole time and concentrate fire once your target is identified - you might loose 1 or 2 people but you should be able to clear the upper floor (unless you are just grossly outnumbered to begin with). the biggest problem is the stairs themselves, no way to actually run up them, speed would be critical. good luck and have fun.

I agree with this when it  comes to high tech explosives, but you should be able to craft simple, DIY explosives, or weapons that cause collateral damage in general, yourself though. A simple molotov would work pretty well in a situation like this. It might cause the guys upstairs to panick if they had no water or a fire extinquisher.

I should mention though, that in a real situation like this, going up the stairs would not even be considered unless you could be sure that the targets were neutralized, or at least extremely disoriented, when you stormed the room.

Edited by TheSodesa
  • Like 1

Hello There.

So me and my mate have seen so so many armed & geared players in the military jail and there is literally no way you can kill/raid the guys on the top floor. No matter what you do you can't win. It's always the same thing. You just have to let them combat log. Or you just have to leave. No way can you get up them stairs without being shot.

You could maybe try to lure them down somehow.

If they are dumb that might work.

cost's benefit's analysis? don't be fooled that you're ever going to run & gun it, wrong strategy you're confusing dayz with bf4..

Ill just leave this right here

lol

I see that you dont play this game that much.

1. Reloading Mosin while there is more ammo in it, you should know that doesn't work.

2. Called him "decked up" while he have pretty basic gear.

I see that you dont play this game that much.

1. Reloading Mosin while there is more ammo in it, you should know that doesn't work.

2. Called him "decked up" while he have pretty basic gear.

and I'll say it again.... IT'S NOT MY VIDEO PRINCESS

Geez you guys are really slow on the uptake lol

• Like 2

Sometimes, there simply isn't a good way to get into a well defended position. Its a jail, and designed to be used by the military so it is a rather defensible position. That staircase is what you would call a kill zone, the enemy has a height advantage as well as your lower movement speed while climbing the stairs.  There aren't any breaching type devices in game, but perhaps later on we will have some sort of a flash bang. Until then, I would just recommend singing loudly off key under them. This has been proven effective at removing entrenched enemy combatants before. Kinda. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_in_psychological_operations

Best of luck. 

a normal grnade would be pretty much enough for this type of situation, and looking at the devs mentioning throwing mechanics for the next patch... i doubt grenades will be in a galaxy far far away

Hello There.

Yeah dude, if your on your own then you just have to pray to the heavens but if you have others with you then being stuck inside that building can become a death trap in it self. Don't bother on your own, but if with a group... You will figure it out.

Fortune favours the bold.

The tactics used in the posted video work on 3pp servers as well, in fact Ive had multiple encounters in jailhouses where the guy upstairs in using 3pp to see down the stairs, see's myself or my squad breaching the stairs, forgets he is in 3pp and dumps his load into the floor in front of him before he can actually "see" us to hit us. Alot of players forget that when in 3pp your aiming dot is lower than your actual aim point and plug round into the ground. 

You can take away 3 options for a jail raid,

1.Wait them out. Patience is a virtue in this game, and the majority of kills my squad racks up (and the majority of deaths we suffer) come from a lack of patience. Go still and out camp the camper if you have to, the worst thing that can happen is they combat log, and you loose some time. Would you rather loose 15-20min in a stand off or 2 hours of looting?

2. Out position them. If you have the equipment (pref LRS, PU/ACOG works.) Move to a position of advantage, the jails have windows on the 2nd floor for a reason, and you'll notice most airfields are designed to offer a sight line into every building to balance defended positions. NEAF? Go to the NE corner with an LRS to hit the W Jail, go farther east towards the radio tower to hit the E Jail/ ATC. Balota? The entire N side of the airstrip is a snipers wet dream, use the terrain to gain the advantage and lay down some lead. NWAF is the trickiest IMO, but there are hills to be used, its just a matter of finding the sweet spots.

3. My personal fav. Storm the stairs. If you lack the patience or the equipment to execute step 1 or 2, then you are left with a straight up the gut breech. If you approach the situation in a smooth manner, IE checking the gap between the stairs to see if they are camping the 6 oclock, Q/E Leaning the railings and slicing the pie on the way up, it isn't that hard to do a frontal assault, on 3pp you can make it about 2/3 of the way up the stairs without exposing yourself to gun shots (They will see you, they wont be able to hit you unless they move forward exposing themselves.) My movements on the stairs consist of having my rifle at the ready and walking the first 3-4 steps facing forward to see if I can spot anyone at the top near the window, if the window is clear I will begin to swing left to see the bunk room and continue the swing left until I am backing up the stairs looking into the back corner, this is high risk but if executed correctly you will close the gap on the playing field that gives them the advantage. 

4. Run away!!!!! Not an option for myself personally because Im a bloodthirsty bandit, but if you have found yourself attached to your gear why risk it for a jail that had already been looted? 

Hope this helps! See you at the airstrip -Infidel

• Like 1

I hope people will not QQ about castles being too easily camped.

I mean not every building should have zillion entrances to completely prevent any sort of defending/camping.

At the end of the day, you can always chose to leave and try your luck elsewhere, you live to fight another day.

• Like 2

You can see in to the windows of nearly all of the windows of those MP/camo buildings, at least all the ones I remember, from a decent position. I don't think it's coincidence that nearly all of them happen to have some hills to 'their' 9 o'clock side.

Agree, you dont have to hit them either, just shoot enough that they move, give the breaching team enough time to get up the stairs, but the problem is, sometimes, there are people in the walls, shooting m4 to get suckers like me to clear tge building... Then shoot me in the back as i leave T.T

Hello There.

There are plenty of ways to do it - I've been on the receiving end of some of them.

And no, buildings do not need work for "gameplay purposes"; they need work to make them functional and believable buildings.   Screwing around with architecture to fit someone's notion of good gameplay in a game like this is silly, and misses the entire point.

Be cool to see a ladder/roof on them jails to flank them. Even the ability to run upstairs

Hello There.

Buildings doesnt need any tweak because raiding them to kill players isn't a game purpose. There's no scoreboard and therebefore there's no need to balace anything in this regard. This game is unforgiving because of this, IRL you would have the same problem on same building, so same here. Entering that position is suicidal (experience talking here), so as you said, you better dont. Here is where the waiting game comes into place xD