bioned

please tell me rocket wont be adding horror aspect to the game

because i am no fan of horror

as in  hate to be surprised and will end up kicking my computer with my knee 

you know

things like creepy bgm and those other stuff that makes the game more horror-ish

those of you who played 7 days to die would know what im talking about

yeah....

so tell me rocket isn't planning to turn dayz into a horror game? 

I don't think he's going to make it "Slender Man Horror", but I do believe he wants you looking over your shoulder ever couple of minutes. 

The game is already defined as a "Post-apocolyptic horror-survival MMO" .. So that being said, yes, DayZ is a horror game. Not a very good one at the moment, but most definitely when it is finished.

• Like 3

I dislike the term "horror."

Horror, as a genre, can embody multiple things. It can embody silly levels of gore just for the sake of it, as in most "horror" mediums. It can mean monsters. Or it can embody a well-crafted tension. DayZ seems to be very much geared toward the latter.

The thing that made (this is a cliched example, so bear with me) Jaws so memorable wasn't that you see the shark mutilate people, nor was it particularly scary to actually see the shark once confronted. It's the tension of the unknown that made Jaws so horrifying. I think DayZ is no different.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 6

God I hate it when people describe DayZ as a horror game  <_< 
It's not horror. There's nothing horror about a military survival/mmo whatever you wanna call it. And I don't wanna act all tough, sure DayZ can be scary (at night), and it obviously make you stand on edge. But it's not horror. Just a big NOPE... 

for me at least

I wouldnt like the game to become a horror game like slender or something of the like, but adding a creepy vibe to it would be nice, id agree with that. so that I want to be in a group instead of running on my own. or so that I feel relieved when I finally meet my sqaud.

when I think of horror I think of the tribe that Marlon Brando's character commanded in apocalypse now. hands cut off heads on spikes bodies burning that's what pops in my head when I think of horror in this type of medium not necessarily surprise scares or monsters. though it would be nice if zeds would be in rooms or closets at least inside of building. 

I'd like to have some experiences to be terrifying.. Such as adding those haunting screams when you were unconscious and being devoured by zombies from the mod.. They really need to add that again. Imagine at night in Elektro with your flashlight and all you hear is zombies growling and groaning then a loud scream that could attract more zombies and other beings alike.

• Like 1

It is a horror game. Just not a cheesy "scary ghost pops out of nowhere" type of horror game. It's a "Did I just hear a zombie? Is someone following me? Is that footsteps I hear? OMG there's too many infected and I'm cornered!" type of horror game.

There's a difference between a horror game & scary elements within a game. CoD Zombies has some "scary elements" as well, but that's far from a horror game.

DayZ's a horror game in the sense of, "...shit was that a gunshot?" The unfortunate truth is that 99% of players would rather log off than find out. >.>

I'd love the game to feel like Amnesia to be honest.

Amnesia isn't exactly /scary/, but it can get you so damn nervous that anything will basically make you jump.

because i am no fan of horror

as in  hate to be surprised and will end up kicking my computer with my knee 

you know

things like creepy bgm and those other stuff that makes the game more horror-ish

those of you who played 7 days to die would know what im talking about

yeah....

so tell me rocket isn't planning to turn dayz into a horror game? 

Shut the hell up. Are you serious? You buy a zombie HORROR surivival game and tell them not to put elements in it that would make it better?

Edited by orlok
no

Shut the hell up. Are you serious? You buy a zombie HORROR surivival game and tell them not to put elements in it that would make it better?

Dude calm down, he's just suggesting something. Sheesh  <_<

Dude calm down, he's just suggesting something. Sheesh  <_<

I get tired of ppl trying to make it less about the zombies.

Edited by Deathlove

I get tired of ppl trying to make it less about the zombies.

Yeah but you didn't have to attack him like that  <_< whatever, just try act calm I guess.

Also, good thing you edited your post.

Yeah but you didn't have to attack him like that  <_< whatever, just try act calm I guess.

Also, good thing you edited your post.

lol yep

Yeah... Cause zombies have nothing to do with horror.... Derp.

It's not because games have zombies in them that they're automatically horror...Look at Plants vs Zombies lol 

Wait, what...? OP, you don't want DayZ to be scary...? You don't want to be afraid and stuff?

Why on earth are you playing this game? What do you want it to be? Like a non-scary survival game, the kind where you don't have to worry or be afraid?

• Like 1

Aah this game reminds me so much of Stalker, just the the atmosphere and so.

Good times, going deep down the dark research facility not knowing what to find.

and then suddenly stuff started flying.

• Like 1

horror aspects are nice and add to the atmosphere. the soundtrack and lighting will make the game environment very scary.

the idea of something small like a flickering lightpost in an otherwise dark town that is covered in fog is cool.

When I think zombie apocalypse, its usually implied thats pretty scary

You mean its not sunshine and rainbows?

DSC_2808-2.jpg

Sounds like someone has been traumatized by Farming Simulator 2013, and was hoping to calm his nerves with the reputed "Hiking Simulator 2014"...

God I hate it when people describe DayZ as a horror game  <_< 

It's not horror. There's nothing horror about a military survival/mmo whatever you wanna call it. And I don't wanna act all tough, sure DayZ can be scary (at night), and it obviously make you stand on edge. But it's not horror. Just a big NOPE... 

for me at least

Dayz is not military survival, "DayZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game".This doesnt have anything to do with Arma anymore