SmashT

A very busy couple of weeks for the whole team has just ended....

I just wanted to say, that I am very much excited with the direction this game is heading. The upcoming updates such as the better animations, physics and ragdoll, sound really exciting. I think the news that the graphic renderer is going to be uncoupled from the sim will be good and also the news that it may go 64-bit is all positive if it renders greater performance, which I think is severely lacking when entering towns and built up areas.

One thing that I would like to see addressed is some better particle effects for smoke and blood. I would hope that the ones currently in DayZ SA are just placeholders etc.

• Like 2

Things will come when they come.

What I take umbrage with is the usage of the word "fireplace" for camp fire rings.

It's weird.

Pedant alert.

Well there are deadlines in the programming sector and one should take them serious but the problem is, there is mostly someone who pushes you over the limit and that´s were deadlines "die" and shit happens. With a proper timetable, experience and no - my apologise - idiots pushing you over the limit deadlines are no real problem. Sadly the reality is something else for most studios. And in the case of DayZ it´s mostly the "too many cooks" problem. If you try to achieve such a project without a well worked in team and a ton of project management experience you simply can´t deliver "in time". So as long as they are working on it I am happy. :) 

• Like 1

Still no mention of more/better zombies :(  

oh well update sounds nice

I prefer the term perambulant.

Seems to me like this is the fellow who was responsible for that massive syphilis, gonorrhea and Clap outbreak that mysteriously surfaced in he 60's...

• Like 1

Any news??? No devs posts for some time again, please keep us updated what is going on!

• Like 1

Any news??? No devs posts for some time again, please keep us updated what is going on!

I keep coming back on the forums to check up on things, become somewhat of a ghost town really of anything constructive, from them or us likewise. Although, what the heck is there really for us to say besdies, lets see what the end of the month brings. Not holding any hope for much myself. Enjoy the wait everyone. 

• Like 1

I keep coming back on the forums to check up on things, become somewhat of a ghost town really of anything constructive, from them or us likewise. Although, what the heck is there really for us to say besdies, lets see what the end of the month brings. Not holding any hope for much myself. Enjoy the wait everyone. 

nice one mate yea i keep trying to play day z and i really enjoy it even at this early stage i just feel like the developers should at least post once a week, its really not that hard and they have time, they are a professional development team at the end of the day they should be bothered to write 2 sentences saying when the next update is and when the big ones we want are. if you have sold 2 million copies of a game that community supports so strongly and the passion is amongst these forums and community. yet the team cannot be arsed to write a couple of sentences for the last few weeks, its 2 minutes of their time they can do on the tea break. have to say its pissing everyone off (not the LACK of updates but the fact they dont even bother to say whats going on anymore)

The most recent thing I've seen is Rocket's interview where we throws around a lot of concepts and a lot of 'Quarter 1 Quarter 2 ;' with nothing firm said. it all seemed quite vague and didn't tie themselfs down to anything.

So if your out there developers or forum admins can you give us an estimate of when your next Experimental/ Stable updates will be taking place, what new features will be added and when we can expect to see the zombie AI pathfinding fix as that is the crucial bug that is gamebreakign and making your alpha took terribly unprofessional.

Edited by AgentNe0
  • Like 3

-Snip-

Spot on was that neo, at the end of the day on the forums we occasionally see what the devs are having for tea pop up or them kissing someone elses backsides and or someone kissing theirs. We dont give a proverbial da* about that. We want to know what is going on, without having to trawl about the WWW for answers on a project people have furnished them a healthy amount for. They had a so called "dream", we the people paid for that dream, now lets at least hear about its progress. Unprofessional is putting it mildly, this is down right appalling, and in the very near future ill be one of many that will get my money back.  Ive spent thousands on steam in the 6 years ive used their platform, and they sure wont want to lose me as a customer, ive done it before, and ill be able to do it again. 

Edited by Mr Sinister
  • Like 2

So, the new town IS in the NE?  I'm in that area I might check it out.

Well, I went through the NE area on the map & there was NO TOWN!  Next, on to the W side to look for it there...

Still no mention of more/better zombies :(

oh well update sounds nice

+- 20.000 zombies is not enough for you?  :emptycan:

+- 20.000 zombies is not enough for you?  :emptycan:

I see that is your first post.. please make sense ? have you played the game yet ?

For the love of god, just fix the fall damage before anything else. I keep dying from 3 feet. Fireplaces??? Make the game playable or just take out fall damage all together. I have lost so many characters to this. I am done playing until I see an update to this.

• Like 1

For the love of god, just fix the fall damage before anything else. I keep dying from 3 feet. Fireplaces??? Make the game playable or just take out fall damage all together. I have lost so many characters to this. I am done playing until I see an update to this.

some better management with climbing and falling is really needed. We should be able to vault small walls, climb onto roofs, and roll on a big drop for less fall damage.

I haven;t seen any of these functions mentioned on any road maps so i hope character movement improvements is somewhere planned?

And the final thing on the list was added today to Experimental! Yay!

See guys, everything comes with patience.

And the final thing on the list was added today to Experimental! Yay!

See guys, everything comes with patience.

Karmanovka is there now??