Sign in to follow this  
tmbt

Fractures and wooden sticks

Hi,

in the weekend i broke my legs 5 times in 8 different gaming sessions.

3 times was caused by an engine glitch

1 time i got hit by a zombie who was downstairs and hit me through the floor

1 time i got shot

Everybody who played the game enough know that this is a pain in the a*s because while you're crawling you're slow (and that's ok) but also seems like that you cannot use the stairs (so you can't check upper floors for morphine or wooden sticks) and you cannot even enter in any building/house who has a single step in front of the door.

Basically if you're alone the best thing you can do is to die.

Now I'm not complaining about the engine glitch or the zombie who can hit you through the floor but I'm suggesting that wooden sticks you should be more easy to find. If you broke your legs and you have an axe a tree should be enough but you can't use them.

Apart from that fractures are too frequent in the game : I cannot understand how a zombie hit could fracture my legs....

What do you think guys ?

Edited by tmbt

Morphine mate, you can find up 3 of these little fracture healing sticks in those wooden medical buildings.

And with the spawn of loot fixed you should find more wooden sticks if you know where to look.

Zeds are strong now since there aren't many of 'em, and I'm sure they'll nerf the individual zed in favor of larger numbers. But honestly haven't really broken my legs that many times. What glitching are you referring to ?

Edited by DedicateDdos

I am now actually carrying a stick with me everywhere I go,even fixes just having a sore leg from a fracture

once made into a splint it takes up 3 inventory slots,which is ok as I am over loot hogging now and carry much less with me these dayzzzz

I imagine it will get fixed eventually

My last fracture happened from one hit from a Zed,also totally ruined my Jacket,a yellow case inside it and...the handgun and clips inside the case

My Tac vest was also ruined,another yellow case and another handgun a clips

all from one hit from a Zed lol

Just have to deal with it until it gets worked out ;)

Everybody who played the game enough know that this is a pain in the a*s

Actually, it's not. It's a pain in the leg  :P

• Like 5

IDK I think I had a broken leg once whislt playing the game however, sticks are fucking all over the place. I crawl into the middle of a forest and because I didn't find a stick in the last store I was in I can't find one in the woods?

The time I did break my leg was glitching off a ladder on the shipwreck and broke my leg. My mate was with me but we had no sticks and morphine so he says, "I'm going to look for a stick." So I'm thinking, "He is never g..." ... "I found a stick!" 

LOL he literally walked 10 feet away and there were sticks laying there. The DayZ gods were smiling that day :)

It would be nice if you could finally chop some sticks from the trees.

I don't think it should be that difficult to add this to the game.

Is it high priority? Actually not, but due to the fact that you break your legs pretty often (different reasons that are not fighting reasons), I think it should be high priority.

Morphine mate, you can find up 3 of these little fracture healing sticks in those wooden medical buildings.

And with the spawn of loot fixed you should find more wooden sticks if you know where to look.

Zeds are strong now since there aren't many of 'em, and I'm sure they'll nerf the individual zed in favor of larger numbers. But honestly haven't really broken my legs that many times. What glitching are you referring to ?

I know about morphine mate but if morphine is in the bagpack could be ruined by the hit .. and also my point was about having an axe and a tree and not able to craft a wooden stick ...

The glitch I'm referring to are :

1) you fall from the stairs in the police building pass through the wall and hit the ground. Broken leg

2) if you're with a friend in a small place he can somehow push you through a wall.. if you are on a first floor it means ... broken leg

3) In front of the little island right out of Kamishovo there are some big stones on the side of the mountain. If you go there there is a glitch (like if the stones are not "attached" to the side of the mountain and there is a little gap) and you could fall to the ground .. again .. broken leg.

Edited by tmbt

IDK I think I had a broken leg once whislt playing the game however, sticks are fucking all over the place. I crawl into the middle of a forest and because I didn't find a stick in the last store I was in I can't find one in the woods?

The time I did break my leg was glitching off a ladder on the shipwreck and broke my leg. My mate was with me but we had no sticks and morphine so he says, "I'm going to look for a stick." So I'm thinking, "He is never g..." ... "I found a stick!" 

LOL he literally walked 10 feet away and there were sticks laying there. The DayZ gods were smiling that day :)

When i broke my leg I was in Svetlo and my friend was in Solnichniy. I asked him to find morphine or wooden sticks to help me. He searched Berezino, Khelm, Krasnostav and Svetlo before he could find some morphine in the wooden hospital in Svetlo. Wooden sticks are not so easy to find.

Beside that i guess should be easy to find some wooden sticks than some morphine in a post apocalyptic world... but that' just my opinion i guess

It would be nice if you could finally chop some sticks from the trees.

I don't think it should be that difficult to add this to the game.

Is it high priority? Actually not, but due to the fact that you break your legs pretty often (different reasons that are not fighting reasons), I think it should be high priority.

You coould get firewood using the axe in woods in the mod so not only is it not that difficult, it's been done :)

I think they could implement a system of collecting sticks from trees or bushes in a similar way to how you can already collect berries - you need an axe or machete to perform the action, then there's an animation of you hacking at the tree or bush, then sticks appear for you to pick up. For server issues, you presumably couldn't have millions of items called "wooden sticks" just lying about everywhere in the woods.

But good luck using an axe to cut down branches when you've already got a broken leg - you wouldn't be able to get any purchase at all.

EDIT: Plus, I don't really even like the way that morphine and splints are a insta-cure for broken limbs. I think the healing process should be much, much longer, and splints should just be a temporary patch-up to enable you to limp - but running should be impossible while you're healing, and limp-jogging/walking should significant slow the healing process down. As for morphine... well, there needs to be a separation made between injury and pain for the mechanics to feel believable.

Edited by Pillock
  • Like 1

When i broke my leg I was in Svetlo and my friend was in Solnichniy. I asked him to find morphine or wooden sticks to help me. He searched Berezino, Khelm, Krasnostav and Svetlo before he could find some morphine in the wooden hospital in Svetlo. Wooden sticks are not so easy to find.

Beside that i guess should be easy to find some wooden sticks than some morphine in a post apocalyptic world... but that' just my opinion i guess

I reality finding something to use would be easy. Why stop at sticks, I piece of piping or plastic or metal. A chair leg - when you think about it there's so many things really available to use as a splint it's pretty stupid splints are so rare. 

Surely the act of crawling to a place known for spawning splints regularly is enough rather than making your scour acres of land for a fucking stick! lol really?

As I was rolling through the heart of a deep dark forest with a broken leg, I found myself thinking; "I wish I had a wooden stick".

Then I realized where I was and could only chuckle.

But seriously, tis a bit silly how rare they are. A simple solution (that does not require advanced things like resource harvesting making or interactive trees) would be to have them spawn in or around deer stands since they are almost always in forested areas anyway.

Edited by Thadius

I don't have much of an issue with the scarcity of sticks or morphine but I think the glitches should really be fixed: breaking a leg in a fight is fine, breaking it because I missed a step is retarded.

I do wish they would tweak the zed's right now. The chances are low, but they CAN and DO 1-shot people. I had one rush through a wall yesterday, and while I was crouched looking for lootz, he reached back and smacked my head. I had on a pristine ballistics helmet. YOU ARE DEAD!!! I am not attached to my gear, but I ran all the way back to that no-name military base from freaking Svelto spawn. (They should disable that freaking spawn area until they fix the lag. I can run through any city in the game, but put me in Svelto, and I'm only taking one step every 10 secs due to the lag.)

I found my corpse, still laying untouched, the doors in the place still hadn't been opened. I could not inspect or interact with my corpse. I was really hoping to see the state of my gear, to try and figure out was it a head-shot, or body, or back. I just hate being 1-shot by a Zed when I'm protected with good gear.

ha-ha,I broke my leg this morning not long after posting 

lucky though I had a shot of Morphine though and it worked good :D

Running along through the woods and slipped and fell I guess,or so it seemed

damn thing is,my pants were ruined and a yellow (supposed protector case) was also ruined along...with my FN .45 and two clips for the handgun I had inside the protector case(that did not protect anything lol)

A lot of damage for just supposedly falling down and breaking a leg IMHO

Edit>

I was on a sever alone with no others,so no...I did not get shot by a sniper lol ;)

Edited by Scott61

ha-ha,I broke my leg this morning not long after posting 

lucky though I had a shot of Morphine though and it worked good :D

Running along through the woods and slipped and fell I guess,or so it seemed

damn thing is,my pants were ruined and a yellow (supposed protector case) was also ruined along...with my FN .45 and two clips for the handgun I had inside the protector case(that did not protect anything lol)

A lot of damage for just supposedly falling down and breaking a leg IMHO

Edit>

On a server alone with no others on that server,so no I was not shot by a sniper lol

damn,hit quote rather than edit by mistake

this forum really needs to allow people to be able to delete there own posts if they want!

Any Moderator who could delete this p[ost,please do :)

Edited by Scott61

Two days ago i was eating on the stairs of the elektro firewatch and with finishing my meal i just fell through the stairs and broke my legs... it took me 3 gamesessions of crawling around, searching for morphine or sticks and i reaaaaally hated it, because you'll always get stuck inside buildings or stairs... you can crawl up every stair with a bit of practice (crawling sideways, rolling, standing up, etc), theres only one building with an entry where you just can't get inside, but you can take the backdoor... so after hours (really, hours!) of crawling (and almost dying a hundred times from zeds) i found a pile of wooden sticks... one of the best feeling i had in 2 years of dayz :D

I know about morphine mate but if morphine is in the bagpack could be ruined by the hit .. and also my point was about having an axe and a tree and not able to craft a wooden stick ...

The glitch I'm referring to are :

1) you fall from the stairs in the police building pass through the wall and hit the ground. Broken leg

2) if you're with a friend in a small place he can somehow push you through a wall.. if you are on a first floor it means ... broken leg

3) In front of the little island right out of Kamishovo there are some big stones on the side of the mountain. If you go there there is a glitch (like if the stones are not "attached" to the side of the mountain and there is a little gap) and you could fall to the ground .. again .. broken leg.

Thise big stones your talking about that are not attached to the mountain.... Only snipers who shoot fresh spawns running to elektro hang around that rock.... Hehe i would ask how you broke your leg on that rock... But i think i already know lol XD

Thise big stones your talking about that are not attached to the mountain.... Only snipers who shoot fresh spawns running to elektro hang around that rock.... Hehe i would ask how you broke your leg on that rock... But i think i already know lol XD

You're right when you say that only snipers go there. I went there because i killed a sniper shooting him from the top of the hill. I then slide down trying to loot him and that's when i entered in the gap and died.

Sadly i cannot find an LRS since two weeks now ....

This morning, in a warehouse, drank a pipsi on the mezzanine.

UxymI6D.jpg

Edited by kander

I had the exact opposite problem. Plenty of sticks but not one person owns any rope whatsoever.

• Like 1

I had the exact opposite problem. Plenty of sticks but not one person owns any rope whatsoever.

what is the rope for? i use rags and sticks for splints. can you actually use rope?

what is the rope for? i use rags and sticks for splints. can you actually use rope?

Oh dear lord my friend is crawling around in the Vybor dirt for nothing because I thought that splints needed rope.

Having the limp animation for 12 hours after fixing a broken leg would be pretty rad

Edited by The End.