Sign in to follow this  
TheRealDen

How often do you find a Long Range Scope?

Hey guys,

wanted to ask how rare this LRS really is.

Found one luckily 2 weeks ago, is now on my Mosin. Today i found another one (didn't died yet) and will gift him to a friend. Is it hard or easy to find them? Was just on a routine, not specially searching for them

You kinda answered your own question didnt you ?? You found one 2 weeks ago and now have found another.. How many hours played in those 2 weeks how many times have you found a mosin or sks or any other gun or attachment in that time?? that will give you a solid answer.

But in my experience they are fairly rare but then loot spawn is pretty random andd luck can be on your side i have gone 8 days solid looking for 1 before finding one and another time while i was set on using an sks with pu scope i found 3 in 2 days but still generally id say pretty rare..

• Like 1

i found one on the fuilly geared soldier i murdered in berezino police department yesterday! i was a fresh spawn with nothing but a sks and 5 rounds!

the last time i checked tents there were nothing in it (server just restarted), or was it just a temporary bug?

All the time on dead bodies of people who don't pay enough attention to their surroundings and fire off their weapons needlessly, giving away their location.

• Like 1

I rarely pick them up anymore, I always have one on my mosin and I wont need any more from the preys I kill.

Well Lelouch,i haven't stubbled across one yet so i'd say they are preety rare.

Or way too popular and all are looted before i get the chance to find one.

Takes me 60-90 minutes, if I'm looking. Hours if I'm just playing around.

I like searching the hills of elektro, very common spawn rates, even on high pop servers!

Never seen one in game. But then again I have only been to NWAF twice. Once in the SA, once in the mod.

I tend to stay around the coast because i know my way around there more than inland. My most visited air field is NEAF in the SA and Balota in the mod because i find them easy to find.

Holy crap Dchil..you need to get around the countryside a bit more :)

Spawn rate of the lrs is off the charts atm in the mil tents, get 'em while you can.

• Like 1

I ended up with a backpack full of LRSs and ACOGs after just one jaunt through the mil tents at NWAF.

Ridiculously high spawn rate.

yes I took them all and yes I handed them to weaponless new spawns to confuse them.

With the amount of loot found in military camps on a newly reset server I'd say not even "ultra rare" military loot such as the LRS is difficult to find.

Give or take the 20 minute run towards one.

I find one whenever I want one, even when miltents were broken, one trip to NWAF and a root around the hangers usually churned out at least a worn LRS. 

They're always in tent spawns now, found 3/4 pristine ones on the same loot run. IMO finding them isn't hard at all.

And I'm just sitting here wondering what's missing on 3/4 of a LRS...

Just found 13 LRS and 19 acog scopes on a trip through balota. :) i like the idea of yanding them to fresh spawns.

I think devs are playing and testing with the spawn rate of stuff (controled from the main hive I assume) and altering spawn rate of everything from one day to another. My reason to think this way is because just to say yesterday I was finding attachments non-stop (including long range scopes). In 1 hours me and my 2 friends found more than 6 scopes for SKS (also pristine some of them), 2 long range scopes for mosin (badly damaged both), like 5 ACOG (2 pristine), maybe 8 handguards, 4-5 buttstocks, 4 bipods (pristine ALL of them), enough amphibias-S, magnums and CR-75 to create my own gun store, and a fucking CRAP LOAD of 5.56 magazines, all shapes and forms, everywhere, all the time. I ended up with an ammo box with 600 hundred bullets, so did my friends, and like 5 extra magazines 40/60 bullets capacity also full for each of us (and because we couldn't carry more, we left dozens of magazines behind. Seriously, haven't seen that much ammo spawn rate never in my life).

Fun part is, in all that time we found just 1 single M4, and only 1 mag for magnum, amphibia and CR-75 xD

But my point was that this never happened before, and I must admit we we're server hopping and it was like that on every server. Also, those sudden changes from the spawn rate of some items has been common lately (at least from my perception), though never so accused as last night.

Edited by p4triot

Ive found 2 in 40 hours, without server hopping.

Alltho i never really checked tents until now couple days ago, as i wanted to see how easy it is to get an LRS, i had to server hop 7 times to find 1, and that one was badly damaged.

Personally im against server hopping but for me this test can equal to 2 things, either im unlucky, or the LRS is decently rare.

When it comes to the scope itself, i love it and i hate it, makes your surviving whole lot easier, but results in paranoia :D Now im worried every time i take a step, dont want to lose it :)

Offtopic question tho, do you still have to aim at the right side of the target? or was that taken away since the last update? If thats still how it goes, is this caused by the condition of the scope? 

So do pristine ones shoot dead on center of the crosshair?

Ive found 2 in 40 hours, without server hopping.

Alltho i never really checked tents until now couple days ago, as i wanted to see how easy it is to get an LRS, i had to server hop 7 times to find 1, and that one was badly damaged.

Personally im against server hopping but for me this test can equal to 2 things, either im unlucky, or the LRS is decently rare.

When it comes to the scope itself, i love it and i hate it, makes your surviving whole lot easier, but results in paranoia :D Now im worried every time i take a step, dont want to lose it :)

Offtopic question tho, do you still have to aim at the right side of the target? or was that taken away since the last update? If thats still how it goes, is this caused by the condition of the scope? 

So do pristine ones shoot dead on center of the crosshair?

I find the quality of the long range scope has no effect on performance!!

Im not sure about PU scope tho!!

Edited by JamesLennoxHood

With the new tent loot spawns back, I literally find them every time I play almost. 

Very often now. The only scope that is not easy to find for me is the ACOG, and that is still fairly easy these days.