goodc420

Run faster with fire axe in hand?

If you have the axe in your hand in fighting stance and then run it seems as if you run much faster than running with guns/weapons away, it could be an illusion, but many of my friends have also noticed this

Edited by goodc420

If you have the axe in your hand in fighting stance and then run it seems as if you run much faster than running with guns/weapons away, it could be an illusion, but many of my friends have also noticed this

I think it seems like it due to the sound of missing a step.  I'll have to test this

• Like 1

I've had Z's today hit me from 15 ft behind me as I was on a full run in an open field.  They were keeping up with me the whole time, it wasn't until I ran them through bushes and trees that I finally started pulling away from them.  I also noticed while holding the axe the same thing as you experienced...it might be just the missing foot step but in 1 player mode it really seems like you're running a lot faster, not by just looks but by distance too.  Point A to point B seemed to happen a lot faster when the axe was in my hand running today.

You get a higher run speed if you use a combat stance with either your fists out or a melee weapon. You used to run slower if you had a melee out, but Rocket changed it last patch.

There's a glitch to run full speed with your gun in one hand.

Edited by hotcakes

Don't be silly, everyone knows you run faster with a knife.

edit: someone beat me to it.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 1

You get a higher run speed if you use a combat stance with either your fists out or a melee weapon. You used to run slower if you had a melee out, but Rocket changed it last patch.

There's a glitch to run full speed with your gun in one hand.

I really question the running faster with fists up. I've run for about 300 hours, and I don't see a difference. Zeds can keep up with me with my fists up, or fists down. They don't really gain on me in either situation. I don't see a difference. Throw an axe in my hand and I slow down.

• Like 1

I really question the running faster with fists up. I've run for about 300 hours, and I don't see a difference. Zeds can keep up with me with my fists up, or fists down. They don't really gain on me in either situation. I don't see a difference. Throw an axe in my hand and I slow down.

Most zombies can't keep up with me when I'm at top speed. There is a small but noticeable difference, try racing your friends.

You definitely run faster with fists up, except uphill in which case you go slower.  Test it with another player instead of a zombie.

Unfortunately you can't punch while running any more, which blows imo.

You definitely run faster with fists up, except uphill in which case you go slower.  Test it with another player instead of a zombie.

i tested it, didnt make this experience. i only ran faster than my other friends, if i had a good health status

You run faster with an ax over any other weapon. You run a max speed with no weapon or item equipped. Keep in mind, being energized/hydrated/healthy improves run speed.

I have noticed the same but I haven't checked into it properly yet

I disagree with you here, but it will take someone doing a test between two points to verify. I'm parked up north so if I remember tonight, I will hit the railroad tracks and test it a few ways. 

I just tested your theory. Nope, the speed is absolutely the same with fists up or down. I did tests running 45 sec each way, multiple times on railroad tracks from designated points. I saw that other posts say the fist-sprint was fixed back in Feb, and I agree it was. 

Running with an axe seemed to slow me by about 20%, and with a pistol, about 25%. Those numbers aren't as exact though. 

The biggest thing that affects your speed is LAG. When i ran west, it was the fastest, even though it had a very slight uphill section. When I ran east, at certain points I could see lag/rendering issues, and it was definitely slower, even with the slight downhill. My guess is that when facing east, I am facing the direction with cities and such. Facing west was just the end of the map, with no significant settlements in my long LOS. 

TLDR: running speeds are equal no matter fist positions. 

I just tested your theory. Nope, the speed is absolutely the same with fists up or down. I did tests running 45 sec each way, multiple times on railroad tracks from designated points. I saw that other posts say the fist-sprint was fixed back in Feb, and I agree it was. 

Running with an axe seemed to slow me by about 20%, and with a pistol, about 25%. Those numbers aren't as exact though. 

The biggest thing that affects your speed is LAG. When i ran west, it was the fastest, even though it had a very slight uphill section. When I ran east, at certain points I could see lag/rendering issues, and it was definitely slower, even with the slight downhill. My guess is that when facing east, I am facing the direction with cities and such. Facing west was just the end of the map, with no significant settlements in my long LOS. 

Ya, I agree it's most likely lag that cause people to appear to be running faster.  I was with a friend last night and I had my SKS in hand and he had the wood hatchet and blew past me lol.  Does weight actually make a difference yet?

Edited by Caboose187

You run slower with an axe equipped than without a weapon equipped.

You run slower with an axe equipped than without a weapon equipped.

Odd because even when I put my SKS away he still outran me with an axe in hand.

I have to disagree, I've outrun dozens of bambis along the coast that insist on trying to axe me to death by using turbo mode.

I have to disagree, I've outrun dozens of bambis along the coast that insist on trying to axe me to death by using turbo mode.

I don't get it. If they have axes, of course they run slower. About 20-25% slower to be exact. Are you saying that you run faster when they put the axes away?

awesome so dayz now has counter strike mechanics.....

run fastest withe knive: check

duckjump: check

mousefeel: check

grenades: throwing physics in, flash missing yet

we need an AK and somebody to put dust2 into chernarus somwhere...