Sign in to follow this  
B_Man

Red dot missing in optics

Recently I picked up the M68 and now there is a gray square around the red dot like its not rendering.  I have not reloaded my graphics drivers yet but I have toggled and changed all my video settings (in game) and it will not go away.  Anyone have an idea?

It does this on every red dot optic I use.  I haven't seen this problem in the four months I have been playing this game.

post-193783-0-64291800-1397108359_thumb.

Do you have a battery that works in them?

I sometimes get this where the grey dot becomes a long grey streak that comes out of the front of the gun. About a metre long. Mostly on the FNX though.

yep i have had the same problem, afetr short while it re sppears, best thing i suggest is either drop your weapon, pick it up again and see if it re-appears. that also works for me :) hope this helps

Look at the image, it looks like a missing texture.

Have you tried verifying your game files?

Locate DayZ in your Steam library.

Right-click and select properties.

Under the local files tab select verify integrity of game cache.

Edited by Mos1ey
Typo

Hey,

as others have suggested, try verifying your game cache.

You will sometimes encounter this issue, but it should go away by itself fairly quickly. It's just a matter of textures not being loaded fast enough sometimes.

Hey,

as others have suggested, try verifying your game cache.

You will sometimes encounter this issue, but it should go away by itself fairly quickly. It's just a matter of textures not being loaded fast enough sometimes.

Did it.

Look at the image, it looks like a missing texture.

Have you tried verifying your game files?

Locate DayZ in your Steam library.

Right-click and select properties.

Under the local files tab select verify integrity of game cache.

Did it.

yep i have had the same problem, afetr short while it re sppears, best thing i suggest is either drop your weapon, pick it up again and see if it re-appears. that also works for me :) hope this helps

Thank you.

I sometimes get this where the grey dot becomes a long grey streak that comes out of the front of the gun. About a metre long. Mostly on the FNX though.

Havent seen that yet.

Yes.  Tried using a battery and not using a battery.

Start off by verifying your cache in Steam.  Is this Standalone or Mod?

Did it.

Thank you guys for your input.  I will keep trying.  I am going to reinstall video drivers.  I will post if I find a solution.

Im having problems with the pistol red dot site. I put a good battery in and the site itself is in pristine condition. I can turn the site on and off when it is detached from the pistol and resting in my backpack but once I drag it onto my pistol it auto shuts itself off and trying to turn it on while its on the pistol fails to work as well. I will follow the above suggestions and hope for a fix and report back.

Im having problems with the pistol red dot site. I put a good battery in and the site itself is in pristine condition. I can turn the site on and off when it is detached from the pistol and resting in my backpack but once I drag it onto my pistol it auto shuts itself off and trying to turn it on while its on the pistol fails to work as well. I will follow the above suggestions and hope for a fix and report back.

Having the exact same issue. When it's attached to gun it won't turn on. Have verified working batteries with the pistol flashlight.