Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

Who has never played DayZ mod?

Anyone like me and jumped staight into SA?

I bought the mod for $6 and now I am going back to it. Wonder what I should expect since I won't play until I get home from work.

• Like 1

Majority of people went from the Mod to the Standalone, it's quite a bit different

The arma 2 inventory system is horrible compared to SA inventory imo. For that reason alone I won't be returning to the mod ever again.

• Like 2

How did you buy the mod for $6? Its a mod...

They are having a sale @ Bohemia. The game and expansion needed for DayZ is now only $6

I've never played the mod and I don't even know what arma even is.

When I see youtube videos of people playing the mod I usually see tanks running over people and eveybody hunting helecopter parts, its hard to see the mod as the same game as standalone. I know there is a lot more content but it seems so different. Can you build forts/basses? Did ghosting ruin base building?

I play the mod much more than the standalone. More to do and it seems all the script kiddies went to standalone. Good reason for the mod. Less broken as well.

I play the mod much more than the standalone. More to do and it seems all the script kiddies went to standalone. Good reason for the mod. Less broken as well.

There's less amount of hackers and scripters now. That's good. Hey do you know what I will get if I bought the Complete edition?

Never for Me. SA only and loving it.

I've never played the mod and I don't even know what arma even is.
When I see youtube videos of people playing the mod I usually see tanks running over people and eveybody hunting helecopter parts, its hard to see the mod as the same game as standalone. I know there is a lot more content but it seems so different. Can you build forts/basses? Did ghosting ruin base building?

and probably never will for the reasons above. every time I go to see a vid or watch someone streaming it, it just doesn't feel like is for ME.

The arma 2 inventory system is horrible compared to SA inventory imo. For that reason alone I won't be returning to the mod ever again.

That is the only thing that stand alone has over the mod sadly.

PVP and everything else is much better in the mod.

with the mod youll have more zombie spawns in towns and can stealth if you want to avoid aggro. they also path right so they wont run through walls.

PLaying the mod will get you farmiliar with the map and also the controls. THe inventory system is different in the mod, But youll figure it out. Its not that bad lol, the standalone is just layed out better.

The mod has a bunch of different types of mods and maps. Some you can build bases like on dayz epoch.

Also since you bought arma 2 looking playing on wasteland servers. That is another really fun mod for arma. it will also help you learn the map as well as learning the controls to be better in combat.

heres a map of how the mod was http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarus#2.076.068

and heres a map of the standalone map http://dayzdb.com/map

The mods are amazing, and if you are not willing to shell out $6 to check them out, you truly are missing out. 

If you have seen videos of the mods, you should understand something first: There are literally dozens upon dozens of different mods. I guarantee there is one out there for you. The vanilla mod of Dayz is basically the SA version with all the things added in they plan on adding down the road. Crossbows, fishing poles, hunting, etc. all are there to go play with and its literally the same thing you will see here later down the road. 

Now go do research and profit. :)

Me! Never played any ARMA game. My PC came out the ark (2004) so until I get a new rig later this year I can only watch twitch.  To be honest thats geting old hat and a bit boring no matter who is on. A part of me feels its a bit lame watching a game being played by somone else.

But while the twitch bandwagon is there, no matter how out of fashion it might be now it’s the best I can do.

The mods are amazing, and if you are not willing to shell out $6 to check them out, you truly are missing out. 

If you have seen videos of the mods, you should understand something first: There are literally dozens upon dozens of different mods. I guarantee there is one out there for you. The vanilla mod of Dayz is basically the SA version with all the things added in they plan on adding down the road. Crossbows, fishing poles, hunting, etc. all are there to go play with and its literally the same thing you will see here later down the road. 

Now go do research and profit. :)

with the mod youll have more zombie spawns in towns and can stealth if you want to avoid aggro. they also path right so they wont run through walls.

PLaying the mod will get you farmiliar with the map and also the controls. THe inventory system is different in the mod, But youll figure it out. Its not that bad lol, the standalone is just layed out better.

The mod has a bunch of different types of mods and maps. Some you can build bases like on dayz epoch.

Also since you bought arma 2 looking playing on wasteland servers. That is another really fun mod for arma. it will also help you learn the map as well as learning the controls to be better in combat.

heres a map of how the mod was http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarus#2.076.068

and heres a map of the standalone map http://dayzdb.com/map

Do you know what additional perks the complete arma 2 version entails?

Add me to the list of people who have never played the ARMA II mod

Loving the SA version sofar i and i cant wait till they add more features

Do you know what additional perks the complete arma 2 version entails?

Depends on which one? The pack that comes with Private Military Co and British Armed Forces adds some better textures for the ghillie suit, hero skin, camo skin, etc. 

The real perk is the Arma games. I particularly enjoyed PMC myself. ;)

Never played the mod either. I am quite familiar with it though, as I followed Frankie and other youtubers playing it for a long time, but then got tired of it without even having played it.

And yes, the inventory system alone is enough for me not to consider playing them. All the content they have will be added to SA along the way, so I don't really see the purpose of having to downgrade.

Majority of people went from the Mod to the Standalone, it's quite a bit different

With the sales figures of SA I doubt it is the majority anymore.

Anyone like me and jumped staight into SA?

I bought the mod for $6 and now I am going back to it. Wonder what I should expect since I won't play until I get home from work.

I've never played the mod either - until now.  I just bought the pack because of your post.

Damn your eyes, Sir.  Damn them, I say.

I left the mod awhile ago and it was fun for a bit but way too many cheaters. I actually prefer SA so far. Obviously some of the content is missing but I am hopeful it will come

A sale you say?...hmm

i might check that out bun can you run arma if your pc runs SA?

A sale you say?...hmm

i might check that out bun can you run arma if your pc runs SA?

You can run arma 2 no problem, but if you are using low settings for the SA then you might struggle with arma 3.

• Like 1

I have no played the mod. I don't plan to either. I don't want to turn into one of those people who compare apples to oranges and complain about the lack of context.

I have no played the mod. I don't plan to either. I don't want to turn into one of those people who compare apples to oranges and complain about the lack of context.

For me going back to the mod isn't really an option. The customisable clothing, new loot system and whatnot in DayZ retail is just too much of a step forward, plus it was impossible to find a populated vanilla server towards the end, I'd imagine it's even worse now...

There are other fun things to do in ArmA 2 though. I still play from time to time.

Edited by Mos1ey