CS14

Post Your Gear So Far

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/486686882194440335/1EB3061BEF35D314E968016E76D10FBD4DAE1A79/

atm trying to get riff off the "millitary" look. But man. red checkered shirts and brown hunter pants are hard to find :D

I liked THIS the most:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/486686236649287997/980B3EC4CA5F7725507F3C45CA8C21BD5A68CF2D/

I look at those screenshots and notice you all have your gamma cranked up to max, how sad.

• Like 1

My current look:

f156d536f6697f590c3f11eabbac2d88.png

Need me an ACOG. Also, gotta find a magpul stock... and a goddamned can opener.

Edited by fig0451
  • Like 1

I look at those screenshots and notice you all have your gamma cranked up to max, how sad.

Most use what we call poor man's nvgs.... :D

This is my mostly what I have right now. Switched the tactical vest for a camo UK one, and found another small protective case. I have yet to find any scope for my M4 though. Character created on December 20th. Avoided players I came across, and did not engage unless fired upon.

2014_01_04_00002.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe

DayZ2014-01-0615-45-43-824_zpsc43141d8.pI got kinda pissed when i found out that a couple of boxes of ammo were 556 and not 762, only seen 762 in boxes before. Almost lost this guy when the server bugged out (got a red chain, thought my internet f*cked up so i just exited). Thankfully he came back.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

This is my mostly what I have right now. Switched the tactical vest for a camo UK one, and found another small protective case. I have yet to find any scope for my M4 though. Character created on December 20th. Avoided players I came across, and did not engage unless fired upon.

2014_01_04_00002.jpg

Compile those 30's in to 60's and store in the (6)300 round ammo box.

Compile those 30's in to 60's and store in the (6)300 round ammo box.

You can store mags in an ammo box now?

You can store mags in an ammo box now?

Not quite, empty your 60 and put the 60 bullets in the box.

Load two 30's in to your coupled mag, empty again and put 60's in to ammo box, repeat process.

Not quite, empty your 60 and put the 60 bullets in the box.

Load two 30's in to your coupled mag, empty again and put 60's in to ammo box, repeat process.

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know! Should have figured it out since I already did that with the Stanag 40s. Duh. :D  Well, any way I'm going to donate this ammo box soon. Don't really need all this. Gonna share most of what I have. Finally found a scope. (personal goal) so I'm probly gonna start over and try to make a different character. Anyway little update (without the ammo box full of 60 rounds packs) of my gear so far. Probably last time posting gear with this one, not gonna try and get more.

2014_01_06_00019.jpg

2014_01_06_00020.jpg

2014_01_06_00048.jpg

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know! Should have figured it out since I already did that with the Stanag 40s. Duh. :D  Well, any way I'm going to donate this ammo box soon. Don't really need all this. Gonna share most of what I have. Finally found a scope. (personal goal) so I'm probly gonna start over and try to make a different character. Anyway little update (without the ammo box full of 60 rounds packs) of my gear so far. Probably last time posting gear with this one, not gonna try and get more.

Eat your beans son :P

It would be good to see gear screenshots of your transition.

For example -> Going from a full military-style character, to a Mosin sniper in some good old fashioned civilian clothing

Day_Z_2014_01_06_13_04_36_78.png

Day_Z_2014_01_06_13_09_39_75.png

Day_Z_2014_01_06_13_09_47_08.png

This is my chick. Nothing fancy. I keep my Tuna cans in the yellow box. I'm also searching for DPS version of this UK vest. If anyone wants to trade PM.

Edited by raynor009

My current look:

f156d536f6697f590c3f11eabbac2d88.png

Need me an ACOG. Also, gotta find a magpul stock... and a goddamned can opener.

Doh! I dropped a pristine ACOG and worn magpul today..

This is my current Character - I play the role as ammo mule / trader for my friends - If you find me in a server and need some Ammo, give me a shout and Ill glady trade / give away what you need.

(Always try and play with both guns as well just incase a friendly ever needs a weapon B) )

IN4dFhW.jpg

cm9hRIy.jpg

Looks like I have the pretty generic "Tac Loadout"

I only carry 2 spare mags for the M4 and just reload them when empty. Have ammo tins full of 5.56 and Magnum rounds. Plenty of food, replacement blood, medical supplies, and ammo to allow me to survive for prolonged periods without venturing into towns. Mostly look for open doors, if there are then you know people have been nearby. Avoid that town. I've been alive for just over 6 days and have killed 14 people in that time (none of them bambis, all were armed or swung at me).

Dayzloadout.jpg

Edited by Punkrawks
  • Like 1

DayZ2014-01-0718-54-18-688_zpsad646e09.pI need to find more mags for the FNX, more ammo for the Mosin and Magnum. The FNX is for a friend when i finally get to play DayZ with him.

Also thanks to the TMW guys for patching me up after i was knocked unconscious by a Zed. My sick indicator is due to me using 2 bottles of alcohol to clean my wounds.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

After numerous respawns (most involuntary), I've now got a reasonably geared character. My pride and joy is my fully stocked Mosin 9130, with long-range scope, Atlas bipod and even a bayonet (for that civil war look). Funny thing is, I use it mainly to scope towns and locations from a distance before moving in :lol:

Besides that, I have:

• medikit with extra bandages (took out the bloodbag)
  • 2 canteens and 1 water bottle
  • handcuffs and keys (not that I'll ever use them)
  • compass
  • Magnum (no ammo though)
  • a fireaxe
  • some cans and a box of cereal. And a can opener.
  • about 18 disinfected rags and two Saline Bag IV's.
  • about 40 rounds of 7.64 ammo (or whatever goes in the Mosin)

Clothing-wise, I have cargo pants, a tactical vest and a large backpack. I have a ballistic helmet and a pair of shades.

But what I'm most proud of is that for the first time in 35+ hours of gameplay, I have achieved a "healthy" status. I'm really pleased with that, especially considering that I was low on blood and health at one point after some unfortunate zombie encounters. It's just so gratifying to watch the saturation on your screen slowly dissapear.

As I learn, I'm enjoying the game more and more.

Forgot that, though my main problem is i can't get my guy to heal, or regain blood. I've (probably)eaten a case of beans and emptied a well and no change.

Eat more. Much more.

Basically, from spawn, it took me a box of cereals and around 10 cans of beans/spaghetti + water, water, water to finally reach a healing/healthy state. I should note, though, that most of the cans were opened with a kitchen knife, so I only had around 70% of the can (after spillage).

The basic strategy is: eat everything you find, when you find it. You need the nutrition to reach a healthy state, and saving up wastes inventory space. Just eat em as soon as you can, and whenever you come across a well, drink till you see the "My stomach is full" (or similar) message. Keep doing that and you will eventually hit the healing/healthy state.

And once you're there, you don't need to eat as much to keep at that level. But I still eat everything I find. I try to have no more than 1, max 2 food items in my inventory. Just a waste of space.

I can say that seeing that little green "Healthy" bar in your inventory is probably the most gratifying experience in Dayz.

DayZ2014-01-0318-00-30-763_zpsf51ebb9a.p

I need to find some 7.62 or something to use that 45 and 12 gauge ammo.

You could consider throwing away the shotgun shells. There are currently no shotguns in Dayz, so you're wasting precious inventory space. Granted, you will have a slight advantage when shotguns are finally added, but I think it's realistic to assume that that will not happen in the foreseeable future.

Just my 2 cents.

Screenshots made 5 mins ago!

Why I got 2 handguns? I got one for my friend also

Or are you anticipating Dual Wield to be added in the next update? ;)

I get geared under 2 hours easily, quick run to Elektro, find the gun in the 3rd Floor in the school, head to firestation, loot their, head up to Balota Airfield get some ammo then run to Military base by then i have like Lots of food and eqquipment.

Elektro>Firestation>Cherno loot house for can opener>balota (Check all gas stations on the way)> Airfield> Military base 

i am positively surprised how diverse the looks can be with the current rather limited set of items we have at our disposal in the alpha.

looking forward to more diversity in the clothing departement, and an end to the obscene overabundance of military loot, that surely will create even more diverse looks