Sign in to follow this  
Blackredorangefire

Black screen at menu

Hello guys. I have a friend that bought DayZ SA and after he downloaded it, he launched the game and after loading and going to the menu, it's just a black screen. He told me that he can hear the sound like the nature sound and he can see his cursor, but he does not see the menu options. The screen is just black. He has tried to wait it out for 10 hours, he verified his cache, updated his drivers and video card, tried to start the game from the folder instead of Steam, and even re-downloaded the game, but sadly, still no luck. Can anyone share some experience or knowledge of fixing this bug? He really wants to play, but I can only help so much. If anyone can help him fix the bug, that will be highly appreciated. Thanks! Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Edited by Blackredorangefire

Make sure he posts the bug in the bug tracker. Then the devs can acknowledge the bug and try to fix it for your friend and others experiencing the same thing.

Search Function, use it...

Your search for the term black screen returned 11 results (titles only, this forum).

Try this fix from Applejaxc as a test and adjust the res manually then relaunch as admin.

Hit the windows key Capture_zpsd8a82b6a.jpg

Go to documents Capture2_zps1eaf47ec.jpg

Go to "DayZ" Capture3_zps5279cfe9.jpg

Open DayZ.cfg Capture4_zpsfd04cc18.jpg

Edit these values Capture5_zpsb74d4cb6.jpg

I'm glad Windows 7 comes with a "Snippit" tool for screen capture.

report back,

Steak.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

Try this fix from Applejaxc as a test and adjust the res manually then relaunch as admin.

Thaaaat's me! :)

But if it doesn't work it's Steak's fault for asking me for help.

• Like 1

Thaaaat's me! :)

But if it doesn't work it's Steak's fault for asking me for help.

Its always worth a shot, I've got a hunch, thank you for the wonderful pic and step by step ;).

Its always worth a shot, I've got a hunch, thank you for the wonderful pic and step by step ;).

youre-welcome-01.gif