sobieski12

Dean Hall encourages server hopping at egx rezzed

the vanilla should be playable.

as in "i join a server, never leave it even when i respawn" and still never finding chopper parts/ working heli is not playable.

post-release modded servers cant be the answer for a broken game mechanic that can be fixed before beta

Not to mention, people who aren't playing every waking hour, for whom persistence will be very transitory. If you can only find half a chopper on your game session and you won't be able to play for several days, you've found nothing as it will probably be gone next time you log in (if you are on a decently populated server).

For those who don't play for several hours every day, there won't really be any guaranteed persistence. It doesn't matter how defensible you make your camp or base, if you aren't there to defend it every waking hour... So, if you can't get a chopper together and running, in a long game session, it won't be a viable option for a vast number of players.

• Like 1

I would be in fear of losing something i spent so long trying to get, as i'm sure many would, you're saying thats fun?

I don't think you understand the point of DayZ and permadeath.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 2

I don't think you understand the point of DayZ and permadeath.

I understand it very well.

Fact is, this loot idea means getting a chopper could take weeks if not more to find the parts, and thats with constant searching. You think it's fun to lose all that effort? seriously? You will never want to ride it.

There is a huuuuuuge difference between a days work of getting lots of items, and a weeks work of getting a single item. How can you not see that. 

I understand it very well.

Fact is, this loot idea means getting a chopper could take weeks if not more to find the parts, and thats with constant searching. You think it's fun to lose all that effort? seriously? You will never want to ride it.

There is a huuuuuuge difference between a days work of getting lots of items, and a weeks work of getting a single item. How can you not see that. 

Id enjoy what little time I had it before it exploded all the more.

• Like 1

Hello there

I think the thread has gone off the rails just once too often and is just less about the interpretation of a possible misinterpretation and is now more about argument around choppers, which although mentioned are not the thrust of, TBH a fairly pointless topic.

For that reason Im closing.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Sai, you were not on-topic. The topic is as the title suggests, not about

about how choppers will be EXTREMELY rare

The closing of the topic was not an 'asshole move'. It will stay locked.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1