Ep1cNiki

Wich vehicles do you want to see in the SA?

No vehicles please, I feel these would bring even more problems to the game and break the balance. Just think about the scumbag gang patroling the coast and kosing freshies for the lulz. Maybe the occasional bike, but these should be really hard to repair

No vehicles please, I feel these would bring even more problems to the game and break the balance. Just think about the scumbag gang patroling the coast and kosing freshies for the lulz. Maybe the occasional bike, but these should be really hard to repair

Too bad for you, cus they are adding vehicles. thats a fact.

you might enjoy running for hours on end taking forever to get  anywhere, but most other people dont. and not sure if you noticed, but they're expanding the map to the north, so it'll only be getting bigger.

sure sounds like fund running half an hour to get up there,,

I think add a few generic civ vehicles and make them fully upgradable so they are mil-grade. And Rocket, I swear to God, if you leave out my helicopters I'll personally murder you.

For me, it's not so much about what vehicles are put in, but when it comes to motorized vehicles, I would actually like to be forced to operate a manual transmission with the mouse (maybe just have it so that you click on the required point on the stick, to not make it too demanding) in free look, and even possibly have different buttons for the pedals, including the clutch. Maybe: W for gas, Shift for clutch, and space for brakes.

Also, bicycles. Those definitely need to be put into the game.

EDIT: The free look -thing is totally doable, since you can pretty easily fly a helicopter in 'Take on helicopters' like that.

Edited by TheSodesa
  • Like 4

Some basic civilian cars/motorbikes/bicycles, a bus, some boats(jet skis and dinghies), a few military vehicles but nothing heavily armored, just logistic trucks and the like, and of course, jellywhoppers/possibly a few civilian planes, no fighter jets or anything.

There should be a large variety of vehicles but they should be extremely rare and those that are around should be badly damaged, taking hours/days to find the necessary parts to repair it. They should never spawn ready to drive, apart from the bicycles, obviously. They should also remain on server restart, that's a must.

Too bad for you, cus they are adding vehicles. thats a fact.

you might enjoy running for hours on end taking forever to get  anywhere, but most other people dont. and not sure if you noticed, but they're expanding the map to the north, so it'll only be getting bigger.

sure sounds like fund running half an hour to get up there,,

Are they expanding the map north.. or are they just adding stuff to the north?  Big difference, some of us have been to the northern edges even with nothing up there just to see if stuff is added in and trust me they have been adding in up north slowly patch after patch.  Foundations and roads have been added long before towns were actually in place.  If they are expanding the actual borders then that changes things.

By the way, half hour run isn't really all that long in a survival game. If you don't have long areas to cover then food/drink/elements etc etc etc mean nothing.  IMO at least.

rangetrol-front-axle-002s.jpg

Good ol Rangey

series2a.jpg

Land Rover

gaz-21-10.jpg

GAZ 21

1990-1991_BMW_318is_%28E30%29_2-door_sed

E30 BMW

CC-22-045-800.jpg

W123 Merc

Datsun_1600.jpg

Datsun 1600/510 Bluebird

1979-1983_Datsun_720_2-door_cab_chassis_

Datsun 720 Ute

Lada_Niva_front_20080228.jpg

Lada Niva

Trabbi_601-S_3828.jpg

Any Trabant (of death)

post-6046-1222255469_thumb.jpg

910 Bluebird

1978_Isuzu_Gemini-2.jpg

Isuzu/Holden/Opel Gemini

6138ac.jpg

Opel Senator

That's enough for now.

• Like 2

I have always been a fan, in the DayZ mod, of personal vehicles.

Motorcycle, bicycle, ATV.

Mainly because I am a loner and have no friends.

No one loves me.

Edited by zaknefain123

Basically I'd like most of the vehicles that dayz mod already has.

Don't want any crazy modern stuff anyway.

Btw speaking about cars, don't tell me guys, you never felt the thrill ,when you heard one approaching?

I've always darted to bushes, went prone, checked my weapon and waited....

If they did not plan to add any cars, it would be a very bad move.

Edited by Hombre

I don't really mind whatever kind of vehicle is put in as long as it consumes fuel, Starts of low to very low on fuel, if not empty.  Finally, have fuel be a rare commodity.  It would be better if the different types of vehicles used the type of fuel that they use IRL.  Make the more powerful vehicles/weapon platforms harder to keep fueled.  That would help mitigate some of the "zerging" of areas.  People wouldn't not be able to troll areas to no end if their fuel is always at risk of running out.  Would also set up some interesting interactions where one group may raid another just for their fuel or perhaps different options such as trading for the fuel.

For me, it's not so much about what vehicles are put in, but when it comes to motorized vehicles, I would actually like to be forced to operate a manual transmission with the mouse (maybe just have it so that you click on the required point on the stick, to not make it too demanding) in free look, and even possibly have different buttons for the pedals, including the clutch. Maybe: W for gas, Shift for clutch, and space for brakes.

Also, bicycles. Those definitely need to be put into the game.

EDIT: The free look -thing is totally doable, since you can pretty easily fly a helicopter in 'Take on helicopters' like that.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. More sim, less arcade.

TWD-S2-1024-premieres-F.jpg22.jpg

An RV would fit in perfectly imo.

It would be pretty sweet if you could actually walk around inside the RV (don't know if that's possible with DayZ) or maybe climb up some ladders to the top of the roof.

Sitting on top of an RV with a pair of binoculars, scouting out a highway, Dale style from TWD!

• Like 1

So pretty simple question, which vehicles do you personally want to see return or get added to the SA?

For me personally, I really want to see the Ural, the UAZ and the military offroad return. I also would want to have a heli.

None just for the simple fact that this game is going to get even more KOS/grief based with them around lol.

But i mean im not against them ether. But i know theres going to be allot of BS when they pop up.

AV8B.  :|

*runs away*

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

Every one starts off with one of these.

8-grown-men-power-wheels-header.jpg

Than they work there way up to

8b9e3__britney-spears-in-escalade-power-

Latter on in driving tier. XD

• Like 1

Anything that has 4 or at least 2 wheels, I don't care.

Go go power wheels patrol! XD

• Like 2

None just for the simple fact that this game is going to get even more KOS/grief based with them around lol.

But i mean im not against them ether. But i know theres going to be allot of BS when they pop up.

Vehicles will be rare and will be hard to repair/fix up. Especially with how the loot is going to work in the future.

I'm game with the odd vehicle or two, but when it starts getting crazy, that's when it starts getting crappy and boring.

I hope vehicles will be super hard to find and even more harder to repair.

Edited by Bob Stookey