Sign in to follow this  
Pao (DayZ)

helicopters idea

I want everything! Including submarines! Now find a competant crew of 58+40some specialized engineers to operate it without sinking...

Same goes for helis. In a widespread infestation they would be largely used and it follows they would mount weapons on them, even the civilian ones. But for how long would they stay opperational without the infrastracture. So yes include them, along with the ton of technical issues that need to be addressed before they even lift off and then slap in real heli flight physics :p

I would like to see "take on helicopters" mechanics in Dayz. So you have to learn how to fly, not just jump in and take off like a spaceship. (as it is now)

Take on helicopter settings set to realistic please :)

Best Regards.

• Like 3

I would really like to see any vehicle guns spawning with no ammo, forcing you to go out and find some to put in the vehicle.

But, I would really like shooting with the players guns from vehicles.

Sorry seems like we are misunderstanding each other, the only reason i mentioned rpg, is because how else would you bring a helicopter down, who just happens to be blowing the crap out of your base with machine guns, i dont want rpg or helicopters in a game. Small civillian ones are ok as long as they dont pose a threat to players bases. But even those little ones arent really needed, unless they make the map 2-3 times bigger. What i dont want to see is helicopters everywhere and everyone having one.

I've shot down many a helicopter with a DMR. Most embarrassingly, I lost a chopper to a Lee Enfield shot.

It's always a bit strange to play the "realism" card when a game is filled with zombies but...all players are essentially civilians right? What are the odds that a civilian is A: skilled enough to repair a helicopter and make it reliably flight worthy and B: in RL flying a helicopter is pretty hard to master, not a big chance you would be able to first learn by just "trial and error" without killing yourself or damaging the heli multiple times. I'd rather not see helicopters in the game, also because it would be too easy to find the permanent camps later on in the game, especially when they do a night flight to look out for fire / gas lamps. If do they do come in the game they should only be for transport / scouting and not as a weapons platform.

flying a helicopter is pretty hard to master, not a big chance you would be able to first learn by just "trial and error" without killing yourself or damaging the heli multiple times.

That sounds like the first few times I flew in the mod :/

Same goes for helis. In a widespread infestation they would be largely used and it follows they would mount weapons on them, even the civilian ones. But for how long would they stay opperational without the infrastracture. So yes include them, along with the ton of technical issues that need to be addressed before they even lift off and then slap in real heli flight physics :P

ORLY..i would like to see a Cessna with 8 x .50s and missile pods :rolleyes: ...you can't just slap on stuff and think it will work. Military aircraft are reinforced to be able to carry weapons and to withstand the torture they have to go through.

I would like to see "take on helicopters" mechanics in Dayz. So you have to learn how to fly, not just jump in and take off like a spaceship. (as it is now)

Best Regards.

Would be awesome...even an "ArmA heli pro" like me has some difficulties getting those up in one piece without breaking something.

I've shot down many a helicopter with a DMR. Most embarrassingly, I lost a chopper to a Lee Enfield shot.

Shot down a AH with an SVD...poor guy was heading for the same place as me, too bad 3pv was off or else he could have seen me ahead and below :lol:  He was heading there high speed and hammered the auto hover, the helo went up and i took aim until he got full control over the heli back.

Edited by Enforcer

Shot down a AH with an SVD...poor guy was heading for the same place as me, too bad 3pv was off or else he could have seen me ahead and below :lol:  He was heading there high speed and hammered the auto hover, the helo went up and i took aim until he got full control over the heli back.

The king of anti chopper is still the M60 in Origins.

Oh look! An Mi is trying to strafe us!

DUGDUGDUGDUGDUGDUGDUG

Mi then falls like a stone.

Guys, you're going a little OT...

The original suggestion was to delete every type of guns from helis and let players shoot with their guns (M4s, Mosins, etc.) from helis, that's all. Why in a survival game we should have military helicopters with M240s full of projectiles? And why people should shoot at other people with them?! It's so stupid and useless IMHO.

This is not a mod, its a standalone SURVIVAL game, not a war game. Why do u want helicopters and other modern warfare weaponry in a world where finding food should be a problem?

That's the problem man, Rocket said that helicopters will come back in SA.

I don't want to see again kids shooting like Rambo from them only to annoy other people, so we need to find a good solution for all.

Take on helicopter settings set to realistic please  :)

Best Regards.

OHOHOHOOHOH, that would be awesome.

TOH Helis are really hard to fly, they will become like a suicide machine for most players!

Edited by Pao

I want a search helicopter so I can weed out survivors at night and hunt them down. Or have a Military model that has rocket pods. Chaos everywhere!

Sorry seems like we are misunderstanding each other, the only reason i mentioned rpg, is because how else would you bring a helicopter down, who just happens to be blowing the crap out of your base with machine guns, i dont want rpg or helicopters in a game. Small civillian ones are ok as long as they dont pose a threat to players bases. But even those little ones arent really needed, unless they make the map 2-3 times bigger. What i dont want to see is helicopters everywhere and everyone having one.

Well they are expanding north, maybe and hopefully even west. So maybe that could satisfy both groups.

I want a unarmed news chopper, or maybe a lifestar (US thing, dunno if bits anywhere else) on a hospital. It ahould be hard to maintain, and harder to hide and protext.

Or, we could always settle for gyros...

Best Regards.

I actually heard they are already planning to do so! Plus, since they are already building DayZ SA using the Take on Helicopters engine, I wouldn't think it will be too hard to implement.

In my opinion lightly armed vehicles are a necessity, like Technicals and MI-17s with PKM's and PKT's.

While alot of people think helicopters with guns are OP, they really aren't.

If the helicopter is moving at a decent, it is practically impossible to hit anything smaller than a car. If you do, it's more luck than skill.

The only way to kill players with the helis was to slow down or stop the helicopter, at which point it is ridiculously easy to kill the crew - i cannot tell you how many times I've shot out gunners with M14s, M24s, SVDs, AKMs, Lee-enfields, and even a Winchester.

The main use of armed helicopters is to Suppress the opponents so the helicopter can get away, or to engage vehicles. Your not going to be wasteing hundreds of bullets on players, like in the mod.

And technicals - seeing as you will probably be able to shoot right through cars, they are extremely far from OP, as the same limitations to helicopter guns apply, but they are much easier to hit than heli gunners.

• Like 1

Why no RPGs? They are only single shot and could be exceptionally rare, as well as take up a lot of space. RPG-7s at the very least would be interesting to play around with.

If you're too concerned about multi-use then they could add an RPG-18 or M-72 LAW which must be disposed of after they are shot.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Why no RPGs? They are only single shot and could be exceptionally rare, as well as take up a lot of space. RPG-7s at the very least would be interesting to play around with.

If you're too concerned about multi-use then they could add an RPG-18 or M-72 LAW which must be disposed of after they are shot.

Because this isnt a war game, its a survival game. Devs have often said, this game will be authentic, but i dont think they know what authentic post apocalyptic world is.

In real life if something like this was to occur, petrol wouldnt be used as a luxury, by flying a helicopter around. Most likely be used as fuel for a generator to run your appliances such as heaters during winter. To cook your food, etc.

it would be a miracle to find bullets for high powered guns, most likely find double barreled shot gun ammo, not m4 or ak-47. And even the bullets you do find, wouldnt be used on other people for fun, but hunting.

So if you or devs think its authentic to have rpg in the game, i might be playing the wrong game, ha ha.

Can you imagine what cheaters with hacks would do with unlimited rpg ammo?

• Like 1

Because this isnt a war game, its a survival game. Devs have often said, this game will be authentic, but i dont think they know what authentic post apocalyptic world is.

In real life if something like this was to occur, petrol wouldnt be used as a luxury, by flying a helicopter around. Most likely be used as fuel for a generator to run your appliances such as heaters during winter. To cook your food, etc.

it would be a miracle to find bullets for high powered guns, most likely find double barreled shot gun ammo, not m4 or ak-47. And even the bullets you do find, wouldnt be used on other people for fun, but hunting.

So if you or devs think its authentic to have rpg in the game, i might be playing the wrong game, ha ha.

Rpg unrealistic? Every CDF squad had one or two.

Also bullets - that's pretty far from true. There are billions of 7.62x54, and probably trillions of 7.62x39 around. So much that the Ex-combloc military feels comfortable exporting some while they still use it. In Chernarus though, M4 bullets would probably be pretty rare, aswell as .45.

I agree that ammo spawns should be reduced, but not to that extent.

Why don't we just go ahead and have UAV's and Apache's and Cobra's with thermal vision too or at least their Russian counterparts?!  After all, they're likely to exist during an apocalypse.  Why wouldn't survivors have access to these things if every pilot left a chopper and/or parts for it lying around?  Better yet, why not have satellite technology to zoom in on an area in the world map to see if a town is occupied.  This would be at the military bases.

Just because it's POSSIBLE that stuff would be in the game doesn't mean it SHOULD be.

P.S.- Sorry for the sarcasm.  I just feel very strongly about this subject and can really foresee it changing the game's purpose once aircrafts are implemented.

Edited by KT_Cobra

7.62x39mm is probably going to be just as common, if not more than, 12 Gauge shells in somewhere like Chernarus. .223 (5.56x45mm) wouldn't be that rare either. Besides, a 12 gauge double-barreled shotgun is a lot higher powered than an AKM or M4A1. Even 7.62x54mm ammo for the Mosin would be reasonably available.

People who hack are going to cause a lot of trouble regardless of RPGs or not, it makes for interesting gameplay and it's much more authentic than 1/2 the guns in-game already.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

any helicopter that has guns mounted to them are normally on a rig station that actually makes them pretty stable and accurate, depending on the caliber round of course