Sign in to follow this  
franzuu

Chernarus needs a theatre building + other building ideas.

I think that chernarus could use a theatre building. A theatre could serve as a spawn point for some of the sillier and otherwise out of place items the devs choose to create.

Library - In my post soviet republic there are libraries in a lot of bigger villages (few hundred people). Just something to add "life" to the post apocalyptic Chernarus.

Post Office. I don't think there is a post office in Chernarus right now. Would make sense.

Museum - somekind of a war or natural history museum would be great for Elektrogorsk or another big town. Again a possible spawn place for some of the unique loot.

Some sort of a shipyard or dry dock where ships are built. Maybe for when they decide to extend the coast.

Lumber mill. Could serve as a point to capture/hold to make planks when they add building to DayZ.

A weather station.

Clothes store.

Hunting/outdoors store.

Air defence and radar bases.

You know, to show that this was a place where people actually lived.

• Like 10

Some of those already exist.  The new police station is pretty cool, aside from that, more variety would be cool for strategies once they allow fortifications.

The duke needs a red light bar! All hail the king!

Really, come on, there is a shitload of military buildings. But besides the hooker zombies, there are no signs of a red light district. How realistic is that? Or did I miss something?

Chernarus definately needs a broken Ferris Wheel.

• Like 1

i hope they continue swapping out repeated buildings for new buildings around the map, such as replacing the orange house with a police station in elektro, but still keeping an orange house in the city, variety is good

• Like 1

Maybe sport objects, like football stadion, basketball hall, or at least a small school. School on Taviana map looked exelent.

Mall would be cool at berezino think about fire fight inside the mall

You know, to show that this was a place where people actually lived.

This would increase immersion to no end, if there's gonna be useless loot, it makes sense to have a few realistic but for the most part useless buildings to add to the scene.

• Like 1

All they could do is to add some signs above the shops and add the stuff that is assosiated with the sign i.e. big bills hunting surplus would contain shotgun sheels, pistol ammo etc

Library - In my post soviet republic there are libraries in a lot of bigger villages (few hundred people). Just something to add "life" to the post apocalyptic Chernarus.

Museum - somekind of a war or natural history museum would be great for Elektrogorsk or another big town. Again a possible spawn place for some of the unique loot.

These sound good

Post Office. I don't think there is a post office in Chernarus right now. Would make sense.

Lumber mill. Could serve as a point to capture/hold to make planks when they add building to DayZ.

These are actually both already in game. Theres a Lumber mill right in Berezino and I think there's still one up northwest somewhere. Post offices are actually in almost every town, they're not the same building though. They're residences of local postmasters, they're marked with a red sign that says "ПОЧТА" in yellow text. ПОЧТА (pochta) means mail or more directly, post.

Edited by Flembo
  • Like 1

We just need so callled "cultural centres", every town had at least one, it was a place that fulfilled the purpose of theatres, meetings were organized there, bigger ones had libraries etc etc.

• Like 1

You stole my thread :( nevermind, all i care about is getting the ideas onto the forums and i prefer the titles of yours. 

Heres my suggestion:

1. A civilian airport because a country has people living in it and they need means of air transport

2. A civilian naval port that was used by tourists visiting the island for holidays, etc.... 

place ports along the coasts of the west and north side of the island and place them as spawn points for boats.

• Like 1

2 map expansion packs they need:

1. A actual city, 4mil+ pop type

2.a nuclear wasteland

Buildings they need:

-boat houses(to store boats :3)

-at least one mil+ type mansion which is located at a brewery(complex to make beer)

House compounds which are gated and only accessible by helicopter or unlocking of gate:
Contain limousines and a decent quantity of food if gate is locked
Contain minimal loot if unlocked

They would have been the homes of rich ex KGB, pre-outbreak

I would like to see some malls with a big parking area or a parking block in Chenarus. Other places could be a theme park, swimming bath, bunkers and maybe an observatory.

• Like 1

I would like to see an old grand hotel. People who have seen The Shining or The Grand Budapest Hotel will know what I mean, I think. Faded glory. 

Mass burial grounds, abandoned open but with a fair amount of bodies in different stages of decomposing. High loot/high infection probability and not accessible without gas mask.

• Like 1

I would like to see hiking trails, maps, and such. If I know my Chernarus facts I think hiking is one of the major tourist attractions in the region we are playing in.

Maybe a few abandoned tent camps along the trails? (this has been suggested before)

Possible loot would be clothes (mostly footwear and jackets), backpacks, food, and various outdoor tools (like small hatchets, knives, canteens, matches, etc)

The area we are playing in is a border region to Russia, and I think it would make sense to have some kind of 19th century Land fort in the mountains to the north. I'd imagine that the Soviets then would use it as some kind of military compound. Here in Sweden we constructed a lot of civil defence bunkers and storages in the bedrock. There's actually places that have been pretty much untouched for over 50 years and people going down there find all kinds of crazy artifacts...

Another possibility would be some kind of submarine pen (someone suggested that before too) where the mountains meet the coastline.

So many possibilities!

Chernarus definately needs a broken Ferris Wheel.

Agreed, perhaps have a small abandoned carnival/theme park.The first thing that comes to mind when thinking about this is the Pripyat Amusement Park. I could see how eerie it would be to be within a small theme park at night with the infected and bandits running through it.

• Like 1

public toilets

Ps.: because Omid, we owe him.

Edited by jayleann

Theater is a good idea. Don't remove the Payday masks, just make it so they can only ever spawn in the theater. 

A while back I considered suggesting the implementation of a museum for the purpose of spawning certain weapons. I figured that since Chernarus has castles, why not have museums that store the contents of those castles? Going to a museum and picking up a longsword or even some chainmail (massively heavy and only protecting against melee and arrows, also very rare) would be pretty fucking cool.

I would like to redesigned fire stations and supermarkets. They are a joke tbh as an architect I can they are little more than boxes with doors. I'm talking about redesigning the interior and exterior of the buildings

New and varied buildings are never a bad thing and each major town really should have a unique building. Cherno has the Hotel which they should open up and the clock tower ....which they should open up.

You stole my thread :( nevermind, all i care about is getting the ideas onto the forums and i prefer the titles of yours. 

Heres my suggestion:

1. A civilian airport because a country has people living in it and they need means of air transport

2. A civilian naval port that was used by tourists visiting the island for holidays, etc.... 

place ports along the coasts of the west and north side of the island and place them as spawn points for boats.

Right, cultural center. That what they were called. 

What I want is for one of the bigger towns to have a theater like this 

W04okJN.jpg

• Like 1