Sign in to follow this  
JKS-Alex

DayZ actual most annoying problem

DayZ most annoying problem  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most important problem that actually need to be solved?

• Zeds Pathfind, spawn, Ai problems, suicidal Zeds
    • Glitch problems, players who pass, hide or look through the walls
    • Desync related problems and random annoying noises
    • Server abuses, loot farms, server swapping and reboot to avoid death

I was just wondering what's for the community the actual most annoying problem that need to be solved first for all  ;)

if i've forgot something important feel free to suggest and i will add it later 

There's a few annoying things, but I accept that the game is under development so there are bound to be issues. I also understand that reporting them as bugs through the available channels is better than posting them on here. You're supposed to be taking part in the Alpha because you want to help the devs find bugs. add cool features, and tidy everything up. Voting on which bug is most annoying doesn't really help that process.

I wanted to choose all possibilities but i can't.

Edited by Enforcer

There's a few annoying things, but I accept that the game is under development so there are bound to be issues. I also understand that reporting them as bugs through the available channels is better than posting them on here. You're supposed to be taking part in the Alpha because you want to help the devs find bugs. add cool features, and tidy everything up. Voting on which bug is most annoying doesn't really help that process.

Read the post please, no one is complaining about bugs or the actual status of the game, we know that's an alpha, i just want to know what for the community need to be fixed before others 

I wanted to choose all possibilities but i can't.

I suppose every one will chose all options but you just need to select the option you find most annoying ;)

Those are all important problems but 'cmon guys never worked for priority? :lol:

By the way seems the community want to see first of all better Zeds and a solution fo glitch exploit while the Dev are mostly working on desync and new survival stuffs.

IMO i suppose they are working to improve the possibility to live in wilderness before making the big cities hard to explore cause will be fulled with loads of angry and dangerous Zeds, that's maybe why mobs are still few and not so a significant threat  ^_^

Even at this stage, the melee system is much better than other games :3 Of course, the melee weapons were not a main focus of those games tho

Yup and at this stage the only effective melee weapons that are used by players (mostly axe and fireaxe) works fine, the others melee weapons are just used for few hours if you are really unlucky so that's not a sort of endgame problem like others i've added in the pool ;)

Oh zeds wins by the way but it's interesting that for many people the abuse of server it's the most annoying problem, underrated indeed :o

Edited by JKS-Alex

it helps if devs will fix these they should start at zombies like in voting it is number 1 annoying bug

• Like 1

I was just wondering what's for the community the actual most annoying problem that need to be solved first for all  ;)

if i've forgot something important feel free to suggest and i will add it later 

Look dude, it's kind of hard to do because you've glommed together a couple things in the vote, but really the problems for me are server reset and falling through walls [second story ones] to your death.

While there's always a hope that I've had for a long time that the devs who have the necessary skills are going to just hold off on implementing cosmetic items to give these issues a look in, the most probable thing is that they're going to stick with the roadmap and we may just get our gameplay-improving fixes in late 2014 to early 2015. I'm going to keep bitching until then, though.

The really sad thing is all the bullshit on the Suggestions forums=Reddit is taken more seriously than here. Fucking upvotewhoring Reddit.

No pink spraypaint is my choice

LOOK guise!!!!!! xD IM A GIRL! xDD DID I MENTION I WAS A GURL?! im so RaNdOm LOL LOL xD

Even at this stage, the melee system is much better than other games :3 Of course, the melee weapons were not a main focus of those games tho

What?!

Name another game that has a worse melee system than DayZ that isnt 10 years old or more.

No hating, but this is based on other chat rooms/personal experience:

-Gary's mod

-Halo Reach

-BF3, no hating on that one ⬅️

That's all I could think of, don't agree, I looked a chat room for BF3

Overall, the only one that is worse than DAYZ is Gary's mod, but DAYZ is sure to be better than the other 2 anyway.

Edited by smrtrthanavgbear

Zombies need to be fixed please, I don't like fighting inside a building vs 4 no clipping zombies.

Zeds problem for me because this is the only think that make the game unplayable yet.

With good zombies (realistic move, behaviors etc...) the game begin to be playable and fun. That's not the case actually (maybe you can find the game funny for 5 min by seeing bugged zeds, but it doesn't entertain you for more than 5 min).

Personnaly, me and my friends are waiting for a zeds patch to return to the game. Actually nobody want to play cause of the bugged zeds.

So i took a month off.. especially with the login issues and such like. So i log in today... didnt check what was new and all that, mobbed by zombies.. dead. respawn (45 second wait after daying?? wtf) second respawn , zombie Dead again. same with the 4th and 5th time, finally find an axe in the next respawn.. then the game does some weird fault, deletes the charater save while playing and kicks me, 8th i get chased by multiple zombies, get to an axe, kill 8 zombies in less than 3 minutes.. wtf is with this respawn and even though i managed to kill them all, it used up all my bandages and i bleed to death .. Fantastic.. im really wishing i hadn't spent a cent on this game.

Lol i've never been killed by a zed before patch and neither after, (oh wait, yes one time, was afk and a zed found me in a bush :P)  glitch apart zeds are not really a threat i wonder how can people be killed by them. you just need to run o move sideways with D and A (better D with axe;)). seriusly in the last 15 hours of gameplay with my last character not a single zed has touched me and i've killed in melee something like 100 or more zeds  :o

Before .42, I would have said zombie pathfinding.

After .42, its the desynching/rubberbanding when trying to leave buildings. Utterly frustrating.

I have NO issue with Suicidal zeds, none at all, in fact I kind of like that idea, very WWZish.  Pathfinding is a bitch and so is respawn rate, got chased out of NEAF by zeds for a good five min on a hardcore server today, I kept axing them and they would respawn almost as fast as I was killing the damn things.  I voted for the random noise thing, instead of a zed sound signaling a sync how about having all the payphones on the map start ringing for a short period.  That would add an Omega Man feel and likely scare the hell out of or at least baffle everyone, until they got used to it.

zombies being jerky

when I see zombies I feel the game's not made to support zombies, they just look so weird, walking there, having a rest and going back there all the time

I have NO issue with Suicidal zeds, none at all, in fact I kind of like that idea, very WWZish.  Pathfinding is a bitch and so is respawn rate, got chased out of NEAF by zeds for a good five min on a hardcore server today, I kept axing them and they would respawn almost as fast as I was killing the damn things.  I voted for the random noise thing, instead of a zed sound signaling a sync how about having all the payphones on the map start ringing for a short period.  That would add an Omega Man feel and likely scare the hell out of or at least baffle everyone, until they got used to it.

We all have this problem man, every single one of us, hopefully they're fixing it, better be soon

Charter resetting is biggest /worst proplem at this moment and rest coming far behind. They would have to do some sort of manual backup even with little rollback was acceptable.

Its so annoying when you lost few days old charter to this shitt.  why this is not in the LIST ??  :)

ZEDs, honestly if the zombies acted like they should I feel a lot more people would play . I know of many low pop servers that hardly have connection or Desync errors and if the zombies were more numerous and could correctly walk through doors (and destroy doors/barricades when that arrives) then you could have hours of fun just playing with friends PVE style like it should be .

• Like 1