Sign in to follow this  
Mike000

frying pan + cooking pot

Ive been collecting cooking equipment and fire place items so i can live happily in the woods on the far west side of chernaraus, i have a full stove, cooking pot and frying pan. Are there any items that actually can be cooked in this build? Ive tryed a few things and nothing works. I hear that there is raw steaks but havnt found any yet to test. Can anyone shed any light on the current state of cooking and fire building in dayz? Can it be done yet?

Hi,

not just yet. Raw steaks are currently in the build, but do not spawn in the world as they are waiting for other assets to be finished. It's coming soon though :)

• Like 5

According to rocket animals and hunting are expected within Q2 of 2014 so any month now and cooking of soups and things are coming in april so not long at all.

Edited by spartan54820

I might hold onto my equipment then. I heard the hunting and survival aspect is featured heavily in the next update. I also hope the backpacks go persistant in next update so i can build a small camp. I prefer surviving more than hunting people and trolling.

• Like 1

I did find a potatoe last week, it was fresh and pristine but discribed as a little dirty from the ground still. I tried gathering cooking supplies but I'm still missing one item. In the end I needed food so I had to eat it raw, my character was fine and it gave me loads of energy. Like a bag of rice but without the dehydration.

Yh my friend found one. I read somewhere you can boil water in the pot, i have seen it in a video but was unsure how he got steam to come from it. Im going to further investigate it. See how it works, for when the update comes in.

I did however heat my frying pan up. The four slots it takes up in inventory went red. :) i wonder if you can melee with a hot frying pan for extra damage or something?

Hi,

not just yet. Raw steaks are currently in the build, but do not spawn in the world as they are waiting for other assets to be finished. It's coming soon though :)

I did however heat my frying pan up. The four slots it takes up in inventory went red. :) i wonder if you can melee with a hot frying pan for extra damage or something?

Reading comes second.

Hi,

Raw steaks will spawn? Will they at least spawn in refrigerators? ^^

We should go on a date.

cooltext1504996390.gif

lol

Raw steaks will spawn? Will they at least spawn in refrigerators? ^^

Technically speaking they would spawn no matter where they come from.

• Like 2

Technically speaking they would spawn no matter where they come from.

No matter where? One sentence more and I'm yours.

Picked up a frying pan the other day, never noticed it had 3 slots for items! Not working yet obviously... How about the fishing, really hope that can be in game soon!