barnabus

Aloha is for tourists..

Based in San Jose until something comes to Honolulu..  Server is "Hardcore", four hour restarts.

Please close the doors behind you, mahalo..

For the record; I am the sole owner, operator and admin for Aloha is for Tourists. 

Anyone claiming to be an admin or owner or using the name "admin" or "owner" on Aloha is for Tourists is a liar, if they are caught by me they will be kicked. 

I pay for this server out of my own pocket

Barnabus is not my name in game, anyone using that name in game and claiming ownership is a liar. 

There is no "official or unofficial" clan on Aloha is for Tourists

Anyone having issues with other players on Aloha is for Tourists should PM me here.  However, be extremely careful with what you report people for, unsubstantiated accusations of hacking or cheating against other players will be ignored.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Changed server to "hardcore", there doesn't seem to be enough of these and it is where I prefer to play anyway, so..

Might want to have a bit more details in the first post (things like IP).  I didn't even know this was for a server.

Interesting to see a DayZ server based in Hawaii. :)

It's not, we don't have any server providers located here.  And we'll probably never have any till private (homebox) servers are allowed.

Based in San Jose until something come to Honolulu..

Might want to have a bit more details in the first post (things like IP).  I didn't even know this was for a server.

It's on the banner.

Server is banging today..  Changing to hardcore was a good thing.

Edited by Barnabus

Server is banging today..  Changing to hardcore was a good thing.

Changing to hardcore is always a good thing. :D

• Like 3

Hi there Barnabus,

I've been playing on your server for a week. I'm really enjoying it. I've met some cool people and the random restarts are great.

One request though:

Day Night Cycles. Is this possible? It seems like you guys are pretty active with the server, perhaps you could turn it on for a couple days, then off. I play with a buddy there and we'd love to get some night action going on. It's entirely up to you of course, but adding that to the server description might generate some additional traffic as well. it seems as though none of the USW Hardcore servers have anything but 24/7 Day.

Heads up for Aloha is For Tourists users!!!

On the 13th of May 2014 we will begin starting the server for night operations.  For the first few days I will be conducting observation of the lunar cycle to try and determine when the optimal time is for night time play.

Expect frequent and unplanned restarts during this period.  I expect the tests to be complete on or about the 1st of June.  Possibly earlier, it all depends on the lunar cycle.

"Mahalo" to all you for playing on "Aloha is for Tourists" Hardcore server on a regular basis.

Hi there Barnabus,

I've been playing on your server for a week. I'm really enjoying it. I've met some cool people and the random restarts are great.

One request though:

Day Night Cycles. Is this possible? It seems like you guys are pretty active with the server, perhaps you could turn it on for a couple days, then off. I play with a buddy there and we'd love to get some night action going on. It's entirely up to you of course, but adding that to the server description might generate some additional traffic as well. it seems as though none of the USW Hardcore servers have anything but 24/7 Day.

Some things I can't control, if I had my druthers the server would restart once a day and run on a 24 hour Hawaii Standard Time cycle.  But it is on a four hour cycle that I can't change, all I can do is make adjustments to the time, which I am planning to do.

I will be resetting the server for early to late evening play after tomorrow's update. Night time is gonna rock. The server will stay Hardcore.

I will be resetting the server for early to late evening play after tomorrow's update. Night time is gonna rock. The server will stay Hardcore.

Merged

Restart time has been set to midnight. Listen for the children of the night.

Restart time has been set to midnight. Listen for the children of the night.

So how does the day/night cycle work now? 

If there is a bit of day and a bit of night, then this server is perfect for me. Four hour restarts, good admin, hardcore... Woot!

Thanks.

Edited by angel_eyes42

Last night it seemed to be on 2 hour restarts and was always dark.. is this intentional Barnabus?

BTW, I love playing on your server man.. you will see our clan [FOG] on there a lot :)

Edited by lrish

Due to my job coming to an end of next month I must shut down Aloha is for Tourists.  I shall post a message on the server with this information so that anyone storing persistant items will have a chance to get them off the server and someplace safe.

Edited by Barnabus

Shit...I was just getting ready to start playing again and set up a tent somewhere...oh well.

Aloha is for Tourists regretfully announces that the server will shut down on the last day of August 2014. 

Please be sure you move any persistent items you wish to keep off this server immediately.