Sign in to follow this  
mgc

Loot grinding

Loot grinding  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Grinding loot is...

I don't like grinding.

I don't like grinding.

Can you expand on that? I don't even see what you're trying to get at.

• Like 5

It's kind of obvious.  OP is the kind who wants to be fully kitted upon creating a character.  Having to play the game is too much work.  ;)

• Like 6

*What this game is all about

*Way to time consuming

voted for both. travelling between towns in this stage of the game is just way too boring.

Sorry, but if you don't like "grinding", get over it and go play Powerpuff girls or something. I will even lend you the game from my Steam. :P 

I feel DayZ is already drowning in parts. It is very hard to find what you want. i.e. I still haven't found the scope i want in over 100 hours but a gazillion others. Is grinding loot designed to keep us happy or busy?

I feel DayZ is already drowning in parts. It is very hard to find what you want. i.e. I still haven't found the scope i want in over 100 hours but a gazillion others. Is grinding loot designed to keep us happy or busy?

Things are supposed to be rare and if the lootsystem is finished there should even be items some people will never see.

• Like 12

You are grinding the same spots then. Explore the map - I can find a scope in a couple hours of gameplay in nearly all cases, just got to be looking in the right spots.

Things are supposed to be rare and if the lootsystem is finished there should even be items some people will never see.

This^  + Beans

I see gathering supplies for myself at the moment to be just a means of having a full stomach etc. Sometimes when im running low i will grind for food, drinks and mical supplies incase I stumble over someone who needs help.

A couple of weeks back i left some food, cans of drinks and a fire axe in one of the buildings near a spawn with a note saying good luck and to watch out for elektro as there were bandits on the hospital roof.

Engraved 1911, anyone?

Haha, if I found that, I would probably quit the game until dynamic storage is added. Bury that puppy in da woods...

• Like 1

I think it's all of the above. It's absolutely needed or the game is COD. It's tedious and time consuming because it both NEEDS to be to an extent, and because means of quickly traveling isn't released yet and truthfully the entire system of gathering loot can't be properly addressed until later: when controlled zones are done so we can't spawn into high loot areas anymore (or so I hope that'll be how it will work thus killing server hopping having much meaning) - and of course loot itself needs to respawn and the infected need to be more of a threat before any of it's valid. 

It should take a long time to fully stock your character in what can be considered 'great gear' and thus make every encounter more tense at the risk of losing it all. 

In truth it has to be one of the two between time consuming and tedious, to actually make death have a real loss factor to it with the majority.

• Like 1

It's kind of obvious.  OP is the kind who wants to be fully kitted upon creating a character.  Having to play the game is too much work.  ;)

So much overcompensation. I looked for over 100 hours to (not) find the scope I want. imo that qualifies as work.

Sorry, but if you don't like "grinding", get over it and go play Powerpuff girls or something. I will even lend you the game from my Steam. :P

So you like grinding and think it should be an essential part of the DayZ experience then?

Ok, but how do you feel about grinding?

You are grinding the same spots then. Explore the map - I can find a scope in a couple hours of gameplay in nearly all cases, just got to be looking in the right spots.

I can find scopes, just not the one I like. I search military and civilian buildings. I started wondering about grinding while tripping over stuff I don't need. Especially with the announcement of the many vehicle parts, this starts to feel more and more like a grinding game.

By "grinding", do you mean server hopping?

If so, you should be bored. You are missing out on 70% of the game.

I have hope that loot will be done good in the final game,where guns and food are not super rare and finding a working car will not be the best thing to happen ever. I want guns and cars to be easy to fix, having to find glass,tires,engine parts,and gas parts,as well as fual,to fix a car in the mod was the most boring thing because car where way to hard to find in the first place much less fix.

Not saying I want it to be super easy because I am sure mods will come out that will fix that but still.

I also hope that they add some kinda sand box mode that you can play offline because that way you could change what you start with how rare guns and cars are how many zombies there is,and so on.

Engraved 1911, anyone?

Haha, if I found that, I would probably quit the game until dynamic storage is added. Bury that puppy in da woods...

OMG I know dah feeling. xD

So much overcompensation. I looked for over 100 hours to (not) find the scope I want. imo that qualifies as work.

So you like grinding and think it should be an essential part of the DayZ experience then?

Ok, but how do you feel about grinding?

I can find scopes, just not the one I like. I search military and civilian buildings. I started wondering about grinding while tripping over stuff I don't need. Especially with the announcement of the many vehicle parts, this starts to feel more and more like a grinding game.

Yes, it should. This game is mean't to be hard and about surviving. In the apocalypse you think your just gonna find fresh food, drink and guns with tons of ammo laying in the streets, tables, and cars just because? 

By "grinding", do you mean server hopping?

If so, you should be bored. You are missing out on 70% of the game.

No, I mean legit play.

The reason those players server hop to begin with is because they don't like grinding.

No, I mean legit play.

The reason those players server hop to begin with is because they don't like grinding.

Dude, this is a survival game.

If y'want that shiny scope handed to you on a silver platter, play a different game. Some of us like a challenge!

• Like 3

Yes, it should. This game is mean't to be hard and about surviving. In the apocalypse you think your just gonna find fresh food, drink and guns with tons of ammo laying in the streets, tables, and cars just because? 

Lol, probably actually. I've always thought it was drastically unrealistic how much little loot there is. But it would be boring if it would be as easy as real life. I like the challenge

""This game is mean't to be hard and about surviving""

Yeah, I'm fine with that, but can we let that depend more on playing it smart than on grinding please? Effort is cool and all that, but it's also boring like hell and takes forever.

Effort is cool and all that, but it's also boring like hell and takes forever.

It's suppose to take forever, otherwise you can get rid of the ""hard and about surviving"" part

It's suppose to take forever, otherwise you can get rid of the ""hard and about surviving"" part

Is DayZ what happens to you while you grind, or is DayZ the grinding itself?

As other's have said it's a survival game, finding food and water is suppose to be fun; saving yourself from starvation; actually finding a weapon should be a glorious moment that you go from being the hunted zombie-chow on the run to the predator, and if every bit of it feels like a grind there's always the option to just 'grind' for a gun and enough food to eat and water to drink until you can go hunting for players to kill with your newfound pistol or whatever you found as a weapon and try to thrive solely off other people if that's all that tickles your interests.

Though preferably there's more to it than that, you know, like taking hostages; playing non-lethal (wound, but never kill and always patch enough they survive - but maybe take what they have that interests you) ..

In any case at first I thought loot was rare, thennn.. I learned the map and basically spend my day traveling between several good looting points without server hopping often finding alot of great stuff when I need it. Took about 10 hours total done over I think 3 days now, but my character has a fully pristine m4 with a laser dot scope and bi-pod + silencer with 300ish spare rounds and 3 40 round clips fully loaded; a FNX pistol with a flashlight and two clips with 80 spare rounds, a medkit with epi, morphine, two bandages and antibotics I think, a compass, can opener, cleaning kit, sewing kit, fully camo gear with a vest for extra storage, a hunting backpack, 4 yellow crates one containing all food, one containing 3 water bottles, another containing give-away stuff like an extra canopener and compass and radio; and one containing a scope and comp. for the mosin with another radio I think. Plus an extra bandage, morphine and some 7.62 rounds incase I ever find a mosin.. which is being the more difficult part.

Sad thing is.. yeah, 10 hours or something akin to that, lot of grinding! .. cept he found a pistol at around the 15 minute mark or so with a clip luckily enough, and fact is back then he was practically just as dangerous as he is now. Just takes one bullet, and you have some new gear to collect at somebody's elses expense if your not interested in doing it yourself.

I'm not a bandit myself, like helping people; but bandit's (the good ones, that don't KOS.) make the game more of a challenge and I welcome that. So long as sniping head-shots from a mile off or plain KOS isn't your thing I say join the bandit take-what-you-want mentality and maybe I'll take you out trying to rob someone, or maybe not :D part of the fun.

Edited by AzrailCross

Yeah, I'm fine with that, but can we let that depend more on playing it smart than on grinding please? Effort is cool and all that, but it's also boring like hell and takes forever.

If you are so sick of it then just wait for Private Hives t ocome out, and join a server with 100% weapon, ammo, drink, and food spawn and 1,000 cars spawns too. I am sure they will make you happy.

I refuse to grind for gear. Fuck that boring ass shit. I like going across the map with my mates and finding things it doesn't matter how long it takes.

You all do realise that having no end game, there's absolutely no rush to get anything, right?