anothercynicalbrit

Spreading disease ?

I was watching one of deans old stream where he talks about spreading disease from one player to another and it sounded like a really cool idea. But i could not help thinking that would be hard to implement as an environmental feature.

So i had the idea that the best and easiest way to spread a disease from one person to another would be that when someone dies they carry the disease on their body so if you or any other player searches that body you have a chance of catching the disease that the dead player had, it would be easy to implement and this would increase the risk even further to being a bandit and although i'm not against KOS i think it would act as another deterrent to killing straight away.

Also some really cool situations could arise where by you get a captured prisoner to search all the bodies for you and then drop the stuff so that they get diseased and you or your group can survive disease free.

What do you guys think, good idea ??

Any ideas on how you can pass disease from one player to another ??

• Like 1

haha yeah i'd try to collect them all (diseases) and then jump on to people with my germ-filled body. imma hugger-killer.

• Like 2

haha yeah i'd try to collect them all (diseases) and then jump on to people with my germ-filled body. imma hugger-killer.

Lol pure evil.

I was also thinking we could actually make use of those needles by filling them with your blood and equipping them as a melee weapon and if you hit someone one with it they get your disease.  :D

We already had disease in the mod. You would start coughing and could infect your friends if you stayed near them. That's what Antibiotics were for.

• Like 1

We already had disease in the mod. You would start coughing and could infect your friends if you stayed near them. That's what Antibiotics were for.

Oh really, i never played it. so how did that work exactly. Was there a radius or something ?

If they can do it in the mod then the could obviously do it in the stand alone, that would obviously be the best way to do it i just thought that might have been hard to do. I guess not.

Beanz for you.

Strategically infecting clothing/items or a guild mate and sending into a community player town.

when will this game be about zombies

and not "what the hell can i do to grief this poor bastard?" online.

• Like 1

I do hope atleast one kind of sickness is added. Not because I want to vomit in wells or on other players.

I remember when SA was first announced and the stream where Dean was talking about Cholera and dysentery.. 

I still have hopes for them coming, Gives a reason for antibiotics and such. However, I also think the medical system should be fleshed out more, IE infected wounds, Internal bleeding, Stitches, Quick clot powder etc.

• Like 1

I do hope atleast one kind of sickness is added. Not because I want to vomit in wells or on other players.

I remember when SA was first announced and the stream where Dean was talking about Cholera and dysentery.. 

I still have hopes for them coming, Gives a reason for antibiotics and such. However, I also think the medical system should be fleshed out more, IE infected wounds, Internal bleeding, Stitches, Quick clot powder etc.

at what point do we realize we are babysitting an avatar and not playing a game?

Honestly i don't think the zombies will ever be a threat in this game unless they can latch onto you and make you immobile, the reason i say this is because if you think of, for example resident evil. Imagine if the zombies on there could not grab hold of you they would not have been much of a threat and you could run past them.

Until zombies can stop you in your tracks you ill always be able to just sail past them without a problem, that's my opinion anyway.

at what point do we realize we are babysitting an avatar and not playing a game?

I just think it'd be more fun if it was actually a challenge to survive, Instead of " Oh, I've been shot, Better bandage and saline, or just Eat and drink. " 5 minutes later " Oh look, Perfect health. "

I just think it'd be more fun if it was actually a challenge to survive, Instead of " Oh, I've been shot, Better bandage and saline, or just Eat and drink. " 5 minutes later " Oh look, Perfect health. "

putting 50 million unnecessary obstacles in the way of that survival isn't challenging

sickness, disease, poisoning, bleeding, vitamins, pain killers, splints, morphine, saline, blood transfusions, injections, blood testing, heart attacks...

what's next? allergies?

• Like 1

putting 50 million unnecessary obstacles in the way of that survival isn't challenging

sickness, disease, poisoning, bleeding, vitamins, pain killers, splints, morphine, saline, blood transfusions, injections, blood testing, heart attacks...

what's next? allergies?

I do agree with you to some degree, However, I still think the more common things such as infected wounds and so on should be in the game. It's meant to be a sim, Remember?

if infected wounds, passing the cold and bleeding, hunger thirst broken bones and unconsciousness were as far as they go, i'd be the mod and that is a good place to stop

before its so complicated just to keep your player alive while idle not in combat

Meh, I still hope they flesh out the medical system, It just seems to easy, for lack of a better word.

• Like 1

it would be interesting. I would just like to be able to puke in wells/ ponds, and make everyone drinking them sick.. almost like aids.

it would be interesting. I would just like to be able to puke in wells/ ponds, and make everyone drinking them sick.. almost like aids.

then we just purify/boil the water or drink soda

another obstacle avoided

Infact I can stop you from spamming Memes. Please refrain from doing that and instead post in a normalfashioned way.

Infact I can stop you from spamming Memes. Please refrain from doing that and instead post in a normalfashioned way.

Debatable. 

poisoning what wells? those water pumps or the boarded up empty ones?

i'd like to see a full pop server all vomiting into the the lake/pond to try and "contaminate" it

i say keep spreading disease simple and effective, like the mod did

Edited by pacific_coast

Wuld be cool if you caught a disease from another playing after using there blood, effects could be coughing, leading onto shakeing/blurry screen then if left untreated you start to passout and vomit all the time. Im actually really pleased someone raised the quistion up. top marks, you can have my beans for that :)

One more rerason for KOS...you could have it...and you aint gona infect my sweet ass!

i don't think so. If you read my OP what i am saying is that it is not a radius thing so i could not pass it to you by running past you, only by making contact with each other, searching people or bandaging soeone, stuff like that. I dont see how that would be a reason to kill on sight, quite the opposite.

If however it was a radius thing then yes you are correct, it would be another reason to KOS if that's your thing. But for people like the medics of dayz or players who actually want to interact with other survivors (That's where the fun is) then it would be a constant risk. 

Haha, oh shit! That had me laughing. I think this game will always be a grief fest as long as people have the ability to do as they please. No matter what they do.

Thing is, that's what's immersive about it. Surviving. Yeah, you have to maintain to stay alive but anything that adds some spice to the game is fine with me. Right now, I don't even go inland. It's fucking boring. Nobody there. And once I'm "healthy", there's almost no point in living. So I look for trouble. I die. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Like 1