Sign in to follow this  
RedDogMT

Do you want working helicopters and planes in DayZ?

Do you want working helicopters and planes in DayZ?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want working helicopters and planes in DayZ?

• Yes...I want as many working helicopters and planes as possible on the server
    • Yes...but I only want one or two working helicopters and planes on the server at a time
    • Yes...but set it up so that it is extremely rare to get a helicopter and plane working
    • No...Keep helicopters and planes out of DayZ SA

I remember finding a chopper back in the mod and spending hours to find the right equipment to fix it. Then some other guys were checking out the chopper as I came back with some of the parts. We had a shootout and eventually I flew the thing out of there. A chopper should stay in one position for a long time while players try to fix it, this way all players who know the whereabouts of the chopper will fight over it. That's what I want to see. Players fighting over choppers and perhaps cars. 

Crop dusting planes, sea planes, maybe like one news chopper.

Thats about it.

• Like 1

Take On Helicopters expert difficulty and I wonder if we will ever see a chopper in the air :D

edit: i find it strangely amusing that you misspelled it as "helicoptor" in the title. such a funny word.

Oops. I did. Thanks for letting me know. Fixed.

It all depends on the other vehicles. I am not a fan of any weapon mounted vehicles like in the mod because it turns it from a survival game into Arma. Vehicles should be transport only. It was amazing parachuting down into the middle of a firefight and taking on everyone in the mod but to sight there and light up anyone you see from the safety of your warm heli was just plan overkill.

It will be interesting to see what the dev's finally implement for sure. 

considering dean hall himself encourages the player base to server hop and ghost other player for parts...

NO. I don't want helicopters in dayz anymore.

edit: i find it strangely amusing that you misspelled it as "helicoptor" in the title. such a funny word.

Fuck you for making him change it.

But no, I would love to see a realistic amount of Helo's and the like, but what I really want is mother fucking horses. Fuck flying, let's ride!

considering dean hall himself encourages the player base to server hop and ghost other player for parts...

NO. I don't want helicopters in dayz anymore.

I'm just following you and your attitude everywhere today. Cheer up bucko!

Take On Helicopters expert difficulty and I wonder if we will ever see a chopper in the air :D

Yes, if implemented from TOH without any auto trims, auto hover or suchs bullshit training wheels.

Problem in the mod that anyone could fly those thins without any efford.

I like TOH, only problem is the arma lighting problem that is really annoying and game breaking specially in flying sim. Guy goes bling when looking general direction of a candle in the ground...

Many people are capable of flying on expert(I find it much more rewarding than any other diflevel), only there would be no rollfliproflcopters with cod kids all assists on, pretending to being able to really fly one.

Also checking and such are welcome from TOH too.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind being able to attach things to helicopters such as a barrel bomb like the ones used in syria.

Primitive stuff they simply fill a barrel with explosives and then toss em out of a plane, or helicopter the momentum makes it explode when it lands.

Maybe once crafting is made explosives could be thrown out the rear to assault enemy bases.

It all depends on the other vehicles. I am not a fan of any weapon mounted vehicles like in the mod because it turns it from a survival game into Arma. Vehicles should be transport only. It was amazing parachuting down into the middle of a firefight and taking on everyone in the mod but to sight there and light up anyone you see from the safety of your warm heli was just plan overkill.

It will be interesting to see what the dev's finally implement for sure. 

I've shot hundreds of people out of armed helicopters in the mod ... Flying around in a giant noise machine is not really the best idea when you're on a server that isn't 100% scrubs.

Edited by Weedz

We need hang gliders or para gliders and a few places to launch from :).

At most a small gyro copter :).

K.