Sign in to follow this  
Loopest

Hacks/Illegal Mods are on the Rise

So about 3 days ago, me and my friend joined a completely empty server. After about an hour of walking Chernogorsk to meet up, we finally met up. When we met up, I checked the player list. About 2 minutes later, we got shot by someone with an M4A1 and

died. While my friend was alive for the brief moments after I was shot, he checked the player list.

NO ONE WAS THERE.

(Very) Similar events have happened 3 TIMES after the event described above happened.

A: This is some sort of hack that is on the up rise.

B: There was a bug with the player list, even if another player did join our server, we were in the middle of no-where.

I would love to see if any of you guys have been experiencing these events.

The reason I'm saying this is not because I'm mad about my fully-geared out survivor, but because it has happened 3 times after it first occurred on Thursday.

I couldn't seem to find any words on the left side of my screen where the words go while reading this so I stopped reading.

You got killed by someone server hopping while trying to server hop QQQQQQQQQ try actually playing the game. Also you say you go to Cherno then died 2 minutes later then say you were in the middle of nowhere ...

And no I've never experienced this because I'm not a dolt who server hops empty servers constantly in the middle of one of the two cities on the map where people camp and log in when they see 2 people join an empty server specifically to kill people like you.

Edited by Weedz

You know, you could have said all this in a normal sized font, using just one post.

Making the font so big, doesn't make your post any more valid!

Just saying!

• Like 9

Well guys, I was in the woods about 5 miles north of cherno.

Well guys, I was in the woods about 5 miles north of cherno.

So you were at NW airfield? Yeah you'll get shot server hopping there too.

RNGesus is strong in DayZ. Cant count how many times i jumped on another empty server to find some food because all full servers were already looted. Checking player list.... 1 guy... close player list.... hes walking in front of me^^ Doesnt matter if its in Elektro, in a military base, airfield or in some random woods. Players are just like you. Everywhere.

• Like 1

For one hacks and mods are not the same thing you should not get them confused.

Hackers are everywhere man, everywhere. Just the other night i was about to go to sleep when i heard a rustling under my bed. So i go take a look and BAM a fucking hacker under my damn bed n i wasn't even mattress hopping! Then the next morning i ran into another one at the bustop! Then even later that same day, i bumped into yet another one at work!

Damn hackers are everywhere! And you can always tell who is hacking because they're doing something that you don't like, such as killing you, or touching themselves under YOUR bed! Hackers are such crap, always hackity hack hack hackin away. Get a life you hacker scum!

But you know, there is a hacker status thread stickied just above this one...

Edited by ptk
  • Like 9

Dude, you realize there is a glitch right now where the player can have no visible name. Meaning he can make his name slot and no character slots BUT it actually allows the player to still join.

• Like 1

I was playing with my 2 friends, joined server with 2 other dudes, we shooted zombies(before that new crazy-zombie patch), imagine what - they found us.Because we thought there could be anywhere but not here.Well...you know how that finished.

I think the point he was trying to make was that there was nobody else on the server (according to the player list) when he died, besides him and his friend, so he can't figure out who killed him, because there was supposedly nobody else around.

And there's no need to be a dick to the guy; he was simply explaining an experience he had that didn't make sense to him. Just because you don't like his playing style doesn't mean you have to be such a chode to him, at least not on the forums; be a "real man" and hop on the server with him and KoS him when you find him. That should illustrate your point rather well.

• Like 2

Hacks are on the rise, no doubt.

#onebrokenpromise

I've seen servers to kick people who don't have a name or something stupid like FUCK as their name.

Please do tell me how a player not showing up on the player list is game breaking to you. Who cares if he was on the player list? He was there and he shot you, period. No need to call hax. And what kind of hack would that be anyway? A hack that gives the hacker no advantage whatsoever, except not showing on the player list? The hell?

"So I joined an empty server"

Why?

Looting by yourself is so boring.

People need less time so they are forced to actually play the game when they do have time.

Then they won't cry hacker when they die and understand that they were doing something stupid which led to their death.

And your friends won't get so bored that they are forced to kill you for entertainment

Your friend shot you

Dolls_Laughing.gif

I didn't even think of that! Probably exactly what happened. "yeah, no man that wasn't me who shot you must have been a hacker."

Also I cannot stop watching that because of my name ..... thx a lot  :)

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

Your friend shot you

Very succinct; never considered that; but then, that's probably because the few friends I have that play DayZ have never thought (or at least, decided) to do that to me, nor I to them. But it makes complete sense. Unless said friend didn't have a gun. Maybe it was a zombie soldier still carrying his weapon, like in Resident Evil 6.

I don't blame his friend one bit. Playing on empty servers is booooooooring.

Hacks are on the rise, no doubt.

#onebrokenpromise

It's not a broken promise, they really are really trying. I mean we still have no full Peace in the world right? It's kinda like trying to make the world COMPLETELY full of geniuses...you just can't.

Dude, you realize there is a glitch right now where the player can have no visible name. Meaning he can make his name slot and no character slots BUT it actually allows the player to still join.

Its generally a good practice to just tap P every few minutes and make sure some weird bullshit like that isn't going on. Pretty good rule in any game, if you see someone who either has no name, or who's name constantly keeps changing to clones of names of other people on the server, you should probably bail out and/or alert the admin if you can.

Please do tell me how a player not showing up on the player list is game breaking to you. Who cares if he was on the player list? He was there and he shot you, period. No need to call hax. And what kind of hack would that be anyway? A hack that gives the hacker no advantage whatsoever, except not showing on the player list? The hell?

Well way back before there were such things as reliable anti-cheat engines running all the time (hell even when those things were starting to get off the ground), the most effective way to keep hackers out of the server was to log everything, try to keep an admin on during peak hours, and blacklist anybody caught hacking. So fairly quickly developed the offensive tactic of not having a name, or duplicating the name of another player. Either of those things can fuck with logging and can fuck with admins trying to on the spot ban someone without restarting the server. You can't ban someone if you type "!ban " ... nothing, no name, because they guy doesn't have a name. The command won't work. Similarily if the guy has duped another player's name, you'll likely end up banning the wrong person.

So fast forward to now when we do have fairly reliable anti cheat engines ... well guess what? Those things work in the medium term, as in they won't ever ban any brand new hack that uses a new exploit. They have to figure out how the hack works and then ban it. That process can lag behind the proliferation of hacks by anywhere from weeks to months to years. SOOOOO ... an intelligent hacker probably knows this, and he will probably still be masking or removing his name, so that he can't be banned immediately by some server admins. And he checks his h@x0r forums every day before he logs into a game with his h@x on to see if anyone else with the same h@x has been caught and banned.

Source: Have been a server admin for various games for a long time.

Edited by fig0451

Its generally a good practice to just tap P every few minutes and make sure some weird bullshit like that isn't going on. Pretty good rule in any game, if you see someone who either has no name, or who's name constantly keeps changing to clones of names of other people on the server, you should probably bail out and/or alert the admin if you can.

Well way back before there were such things as reliable anti-cheat engines running all the time (hell even when those things were starting to get off the ground), the most effective way to keep hackers out of the server was to log everything, try to keep an admin on during peak hours, and blacklist anybody caught hacking. So fairly quickly developed the offensive tactic of not having a name, or duplicating the name of another player. Either of those things can fuck with logging and can fuck with admins trying to on the spot ban someone without restarting the server. You can't ban someone if you type "!ban " ... nothing, no name, because they guy doesn't have a name. The command won't work. Similarily if the guy has duped another player's name, you'll likely end up banning the wrong person.

So fast forward to now when we do have fairly reliable anti cheat engines ... well guess what? Those things work in the medium term, as in they won't ever ban any brand new hack that uses a new exploit. They have to figure out how the hack works and then ban it. That process can lag behind the proliferation of hacks by anywhere from weeks to months to years. SOOOOO ... an intelligent hacker probably knows this, and he will probably still be masking or removing his name, so that he can't be banned immediately by some server admins. And he checks his h@x0r forums every day before he logs into a game with his h@x on to see if anyone else with the same h@x has been caught and banned.

Source: Have been a server admin for various games for a long time.

Don't really have to alert the admin since most of the time I play on my own server, so I just kick/ban those people.