TheCookiemob59

Night time servers not working? Please Help

Hello,

As the topic shows, night server wont work for me. I love lighting a gaslamp and sitting around in the woods, but this isnt possible to me anymore, because nightserver wont work :(.

No matter what server I join, its ALWAYS daylight there. Even on servers with a servetime in the early morning like 2:30AM for instance.

Is this a common issue?

Merging

Beans for the beautiful pic.  Not sure about the perma day issue I'll have to do some digging and get back to you.

Amazing that you need to do some digging into this, since its been reported on the feedback tracker on march 25th..

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=10194

I understand you guys are busy, but get some students/unemployed ( DayZ fans! ) to acknowledge and assign reports/bugs to developers and provide feedback to the people reporting issues. There's enough work there for at least a part time job, and it doesn't take a 'rocket' scientist to do it..

I wish there still be night servers. But since the last patch, every server for me is daytime. No matter what hive I'm on, or the current time it shows on the server list, it's daylight, approx 10AM. I love the night in DayZ. It's the darkest and most "realistic", at least for me, night in video games. I really enjoy night in DayZ.

jzgn86.jpg

Damn, you have my beans for that beautiful picture.

• Like 2

Damn, you have my beans for that beautiful picture.

Thanks!! Gotta love night time servers! ;)  Can't wait to trade sitting around a gas lamp for a campfire!

Wow, I can't believe this still has not been acknowledged......

Whey hey! Its been assigned to Accolyte!

Night time is disabled by Devs ATM.

Source?

Source?

common sense.

It obviously doesnt work on ANY SERVER atm...

And these forums.

common sense.

It obviously doesnt work on ANY SERVER atm...

And these forums.

Don't post bullshit if you can't back it up.  The guy asked for the source where the devs stated they disabled it so if you can't find any stop posting.

Don't have to back it up. Log in to a server where there is night time and post a screenshot. There is a serious lack of communication with the devs and the players in this game and It seems we have to figure out most things on our own.

Don't have to back it up. Log in to a server where there is night time and post a screenshot. There is a serious lack of communication with the devs and the players in this game and It seems we have to figure out most things on our own.

Are all 108 posts you made so far of the same high quality?

If you post something stating a "fact", then also post the source where you read this "fact". Right now, there is a feedback/bugreport about no night cycle being present in the game. The bugreport has been assigned to a developer ( Accolyte ). If it was, as you said, disabled by the devs, the report would have been closed immediately stating that!

*cough* common sense *cough*

Annnndddd the dev response is?

???????

Lol...

There is no dev response, that's the issue. However....

You ( and others like you ) just post something, as if stating a "fact", where you have no proof. Don't just assume anything, until it has been confirmed

Why would they not take 2 seconds to let us know? I just typed this response in 2 seconds on my phone. We do need better communication...that's usually what happens in alpha for most games...lacking in dayz

Anyone know if they fixed flashlights yet.  You know, so they don't shine through an entire city like a Lighthouse Beacon on the coast?

Also I can confirm, no matter what time it is on the server I join it's always been day lately.  Not a huge deal, but I do enjoy night servers.  Especially now that the FNX gets a weapon light.

Anyone know if they fixed flashlights yet.  You know, so they don't shine through an entire city like a Lighthouse Beacon on the coast?

Also I can confirm, no matter what time it is on the server I join it's always been day lately.  Not a huge deal, but I do enjoy night servers.  Especially now that the FNX gets a weapon light.

Last time I played on a night server I had my friend enter some buildings so I could confirm it.  Light did not shine through walls anymore at that time.

DayZ_2014_01_10_18_34_13_649_zps0fd308c9yeah, ain't seen the darkness in ages, really miss it. I mean look at the background of the forum or the header - ITS AT NIGHT!! how long to see a bad moon rising again?

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 1

It's sucks....of course since there's so many players who hate the night time part of Dayz...there will be less bitchin' to get it fixed.  I play about 99.9% night time...and I want it back asap!

Night time is back!!! :D

On stable?