papazombie

player characters are too fat for an apocalipse

Too fat and well shaved. Isnt true?

I think characters should seem more dirty.

One suggestion:

Characters start shaved ans short hair and every week they survive hair and beard is growing(women just hair) and you can shave and cut if you want and have right stuff

Yeah, and if you don't wash regularly, then other players and zombies can smell you from a distance.

• Like 2

why? this would be an annoyance, Although I agree with more customization options but not this.

• Like 1

There was some talk going around of the possibility that our characters may grow beards based on how long we survive.

While i never weighed my character ingame (devs haven't added scales yet obviously) i think that the look of the clothes you wore should degrade asthetically along with their condition (ex pristine, worn, ruined, etc...). it would be a solid way to address this issue...

There was some talk going around of the possibility that our characters may grow beards based on how long we survive.

There was indeed. And if I remember correctly, it was dismissed out of hand by Dean Hall in an interview because of "too much effort to implement something with minimal impact on the gameplay" or something.

Which is a polite way of saying "Bollocks to that".

• Like 1

While i never weighed my character ingame (devs haven't added scales yet obviously) i think that the look of the clothes you wore should degrade asthetically along with their condition (ex pristine, worn, ruined, etc...). it would be a solid way to address this issue...

the look of your clothes does degrade with its condition - that's usually how I know I need to patch my jacket and pants - they start lookin all dirty and ripped up.

• Like 1

the look of your clothes does degrade with its condition - that's usually how I know I need to patch my jacket and pants - they start lookin all dirty and ripped up.

Does it show when on your char and not in the inv? I could have swore that i had a ruined shirt before but it didn't look ruined...

Does it show when on your char and not in the inv? I could have swore that i had a ruined shirt before but it didn't look ruined...

Both

• Like 2

yeah usually I see my sleeve is torn and dirty when the aim animation plays and that prompts me to check the rest of my gear - it could be a graphics setting tho - I tend to run all that pretty high

• Like 1

yeah usually I see my sleeve is torn and dirty when the aim animation plays and that prompts me to check the rest of my gear - it could be a graphics setting tho - I tend to run all that pretty high

I will have to check this out. Ty!

• Like 1

Its the same as asking, why can my char run 10 km, eat some beans, and run another 10 km, its not realistic I agree, but not a priority atm, and will be dealt with later, most likely.

Edited by So Sexy

Im pretty SURE it dosnt matter if there fat, skinny, muscular or handicap. If some one has enough adrenalin and the means to survive something they more than likely will.

We do need maybe some weight options with character which would be nice as well as variety with zombie models.

hair!! I wanna change my hair color dammit. I want me some red. and some style too. the granny bun is getting annoyin. :)

If there were weight/height options in DayZ, almost everyone would be an anorexic midget.

If there were weight/height options in DayZ, almost everyone would be an anorexic midget.

And all the fresh spawns would be huge fat men, running about punching people.

That could be balanced. Fatter = being able to hold more food in store without going sick. and you gradualy gain weight if you're constantly eating to the point where you're SUPER GREEN energized, could add some depth to the game

Could be we all have glandular problems due to fighting the infection!

I'm all for more customize able characters in the final build - and an aging mechanic as well. Gives just another reason to stay alive to brag how old you are... Anything that makes people think survival first is a good idea IMO.

Could be we all have glandular problems due to fighting the infection!

I'm all for more customize able characters in the final build - and an aging mechanic as well. Gives just another reason to stay alive to brag how old you are... Anything that makes people think survival first is a good idea IMO.

I can see it now... 3 months with a character and no shampoo my lil girl will have wild hair and maybe even dreads... I can live with that as long as they are red dreads

I can see it now... 3 months with a character and no shampoo my lil girl will have wild hair and maybe even dreads... I can live with that as long as they are red dreads

Red dreads are hot - especially when you can wield a fire axe.

• Like 1

I'd like to see shit stains/skid marks (pants) and salt-crusted underarm pits (shirts) for worn clothes....

I'd like to see shit stains/skid marks (pants) and salt-crusted underarm pits (shirts) for worn clothes....

look in yo mom's laundry basket then...

(sorry)

I stoutly support any effort in regards to customization, probably not large height differentials for reasons previously stated, people would just make their characters 3 ft tall. Probably no height changers for now and maybe ever. DEFINITELY good body type customization though, I work out and fitness is incredibly important to me.

I hate seeing my scrawny skinny fat character. Can't look at him. Some customization would be great. IDC if people. Choose to be skinny for slightly smaller hitboxes.

Moré ideas:

When you get a car you walk less so you start to get fat

By the way, one of the actually characters looks like Dean hall