Sign in to follow this  
hitt0r

Bug's in the latest release

a few bugs i've noticed;

1. Food @ 0% taking up an inventory slot and invisible until you exit the game and re-join.

2. Can't punch if you've had a fractured arm after re-spawning or at random points during the game.

3. People sliding across the floor as if they are laying down but are actually running.

4. Huge surge in increase people using PBO hack's in airfields - not a bug just an observation.

• Like 4

About #1, if you drop the container that has the invisible taken up slot and put it back on it will free the slot up again* 

• Like 1

You should check here and see if they have been reported already.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

As for #4, chances are that they are taking advantage of 3rd person to see through walls and sliding under the hangars to get shots on people. Airfields are filled with buggy buildings right now.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

About #1, if you drop the container that has the invisible taken up slot and put it back on it will free the slot up again* 

Cheers beans given!

As for #4, chances are that they are taking advantage of 3rd person to see through walls and sliding under the hangars to get shots on people. Airfields are filled with buggy buildings right now.

i play on hardcore only, yes airfields are a cheaters paradise at the moment unfortunately.

thanks for the link. just wondered if anyone else has had these issues first and i'll submit feedback if confirmed. 

3. People sliding across the floor as if they are laying down but are actually running.

Just got this one this afternoon, on my girlfriends screen I was halfway in the floor with my arms stuck out. And on my screen she was "hugging the ground", skating across the floor like a sad superwoman.

Just got this one this afternoon, on my girlfriends screen I was halfway in the floor with my arms stuck out. And on my screen she was "hugging the ground", skating across the floor like a sad superwoman.

I've seen this in previous updates, but not very often. Sometimes when people die their bodies will slide straight, but I guess this isn't what you are seeing.

I'm not sure if I'm jealous your girlfriend plays games like DayZ or if I'm grateful mine doesn't.

Free time is precious in a relationship.

You can no longer get underneath the hangars in NEAF. It was fixed.

i play on hardcore only, yes airfields are a cheaters paradise at the moment unfortunately.

thanks for the link. just wondered if anyone else has had these issues first and i'll submit feedback if confirmed. 

You can look through walls in first person as well as third person. Third person will just give you a larger field of view. Screenshot:

9GgsyTI.jpg

• Like 1

check this out from earlier today, sliding through the floor with 2 right arms! 

Untitled.png

Edited by hitt0r

Well, for me I cannot make a Improvised Backpack even though I have a Stick to upgrade the Improvised Courier Backpack. >.< I cannot even put the Stick into my hands, but it can take up space. *waves fists*

Edit: If you quit and rejoin a server when you have a Burlap Sack on your head, you can see again. :P And also you can run around with a weapon (Melee or Gun) in one hand and still shoot it (does fist up animation). So, to re-experience that glitch is to put your second weapon (Melee or Gun) on the floor next to a ladder then proceed to climb the ladder, open your inventory and put the object into your hands.

Although I am sure these have already been reported. :P

p4dg.jpg

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

i'd a fully pimped out m4 with magpul parts and pristine acog just vanish out of my hands tonight, I was running along and next thing no gun in my hand, though my arms and hands looked like I was holding a weapon, it vanished out my hot tool bar, dunno if witchcraft or bug.. sigh..

I haven't seen any of the bugs listed yet except for #1.  As for food/drinks staying in your inventory at 0%, I think this should be a feature added at some point down the road.  Of course not right now but it'd pretty sweet to tell if someone has been in a spot recently due to can's of leftover food and drinks are laying around because, well they take up inventory space so you need to ditch the empties.

Edit: It's an ugly planet. A BUG planet!

Edited by Caboose187

^ this.. I constantly have to take off my pants and put them back on, etc.. to get rid of that invisible slot.

• Like 1

^ this.. I constantly have to take off my pants and put them back on, etc.. to get rid of that invisible slot.

Yea....sure. ;)

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

• Like 1

a few bugs i've noticed;

1. Food @ 0% taking up an inventory slot and invisible until you exit the game and re-join. Known.

2. Can't punch if you've had a fractured arm after re-spawning or at random points during the game. Not sure what exactly you mean. Not being able to punch with broken arms makes sense to me.

3. People sliding across the floor as if they are laying down but are actually running. Would very much appreciate more info on this.

4. Huge surge in increase people using PBO hack's in airfields - not a bug just an observation. Impossible since last patch.

Slinding under hangars is no longer possible. Glitching into the jail building has also been adjusted.

I've seen this in previous updates, but not very often. Sometimes when people die their bodies will slide straight, but I guess this isn't what you are seeing.

That was a different issue and has been fixed.

Well, for me I cannot make a Improvised Backpack even though I have a Stick to upgrade the Improvised Courier Backpack. >.< I cannot even put the Stick into my hands, but it can take up space. *waves fists*

Edit: If you quit and rejoin a server when you have a Burlap Sack on your head, you can see again. :P And also you can run around with a weapon (Melee or Gun) in one hand and still shoot it (does fist up animation). So, to re-experience that glitch is to put your second weapon (Melee or Gun) on the floor next to a ladder then proceed to climb the ladder, open your inventory and put the object into your hands.

Although I am sure these have already been reported. :P

I was not able to reproduce the burlap sack, but will look into it. Have not seen a report of the other issue however. If you could submit that onto the Feedback Tracker, that would be awesome.

• Like 1

Slinding under hangars is no longer possible. Glitching into the jail building has also been adjusted.

That was a different issue and has been fixed.

I was not able to reproduce the burlap sack, but will look into it. Have not seen a report of the other issue however. If you could submit that onto the Feedback Tracker, that would be awesome.

Which issue did you want me to reproduce? :) I can record it with Fraps. :D

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Which issue did you want me to reproduce? :) I can record it with Fraps. :D

Both ideally. The second one would be real nice though.

Both ideally. The second one would be real nice though.

Ok, and btw I managed to fix the ability to not make a Improvised backpack. Well, not sure if it's a good fix though. xD Anyways all I had to do was put all the 3 pieces to make the backpack on the floor and make the backpack. But I did notice that I had to have a backpack already on for it to work. :3 

Edit: I messed up on the footage, I forgot I had a Twitch stream in the background so I am sure y'all don't wanna hear noisy talking. xD So, give me sometime to re-find rope, burlap sack, and a stick. And I will reproduce the backpack creation error bug. But, I will re-record the weird Object in hand glitch and the burlap sack one ASAP. 

Second Edit: I will need to find another Burlap sack too... xD

Third Edit: Youtube says it's gonna take 150 minutes to upload a 1 minute video at 720p. ;-; So, your gonna have to wait a little to see the arm glitch. xD

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

There are still "glitchers" inside buildings, at least i saw them inside "prison" building yesterday (on 2 different servers). Idk how do they do it now, but they do.

Easy workaround is to add few triangles in such places so they at least cant see us from inside because of backface culling.

Please, thank you.

Ok, and btw I managed to fix the ability to not make a Improvised backpack. Well, not sure if it's a good fix though. xD Anyways all I had to do was put all the 3 pieces to make the backpack on the floor and make the backpack. But I did notice that I had to have a backpack already on for it to work. :3 

Edit: I messed up on the footage, I forgot I had a Twitch stream in the background so I am sure y'all don't wanna hear noisy talking. xD So, give me sometime to re-find rope, burlap sack, and a stick. And I will reproduce the backpack creation error bug. But, I will re-record the weird Object in hand glitch and the burlap sack one ASAP. 

Second Edit: I will need to find another Burlap sack too... xD

Third Edit: Youtube says it's gonna take 150 minutes to upload a 1 minute video at 720p. ;-; So, your gonna have to wait a little to see the arm glitch. xD

That's alright. Appreciated!

There are still "glitchers" inside buildings, at least i saw them inside "prison" building yesterday (on 2 different servers). Idk how do they do it now, but they do.

Easy workaround is to add few triangles in such places so they at least cant see us from inside because of backface culling.

Please, thank you.

It's possible they logged out inside the building before the fix and are now stuck inside. I haven't been able to get inside myself and neither were the rest of our test guys.

If they do still get inside it's that "how" that we need to know.

i also noticed that sometimes when im already outside of the building i just teleport back in where i was like 10 sec ago. and my ping is normal and no desync sign

• Like 1

That's alright. Appreciated!

It's possible they logged out inside the building before the fix and are now stuck inside. I haven't been able to get inside myself and neither were the rest of our test guys.

If they do still get inside it's that "how" that we need to know.

I did put the Arm glitch on the Feedback tracker.

i also noticed that sometimes when im already outside of the building i just teleport back in where i was like 10 sec ago. and my ping is normal and no desync sign

That is a known issue. We're working on a solution.

I did put the Arm glitch on the Feedback tracker.

Thank you, got it. Will have it looked at.

That is a known issue. We're working on a solution.

Thank you, got it. Will have it looked at.

Okie Dokie, I will have to wait on making those other videos on those Burlap glitches because I cannot see any servers right now to join that aren't over 1K ping. :/

Edit: My ISP is just being shitty. >.>

Edited by DJ SGTHornet