Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jizz

Pistols should spawn w/Magazines {POLL ADDED}

Should Pistols spawn w/Magazines attached?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pistols spawn with magazines attached? (Not necessarily 100% of the time)

• Yes - fully loaded
    • Yes - random load
    • Yes - always empty
    • No, under no circumstances

Well then, I'd go with random chance for a mag to be found in a weapon as well as a random amount of rounds within the mag.

If it was fairly rare, then yeah. I quite like the idea of chambering single bullets at a time. Means that people don't become rambo the second they find a gun.

Must be said, though, that pistol magazines are one of the hardest things to find.

At one point I had a .357 speedloader, a 9mm pistol magazine, a 1911 magazine, an FNX45 and an Amphibia S. So I had either the pistol but no magazine or the magazine but no pistol. It was incredibly frustrating. Eventually I found a 1911 so I was able to ditch all my other pistol-related items bar the 9mm magazine. 

If nothing else I'd like pistol mags to be a lot more common.

all I know is I have been searchin for a .22 pistol mag for days now and they are to rare. I mean I have 2 sitting on my computer desk and can't find one in game. they are common as shit. so I'm starting to lean with you guys that they should spawn with an empty mag in them already and if not they need to add a pistol whip mechanic so I can bash a skull in from frustration. and who stores weapons all loose with no mag all half-assed and shit.

all I know is I have been searchin for a .22 pistol mag for days now and they are to rare. I mean I have 2 sitting on my computer desk and can't find one in game. they are common as shit. so I'm starting to lean with you guys that they should spawn with an empty mag in them already and if not they need to add a pistol whip mechanic so I can bash a skull in from frustration. and who stores weapons all loose with no mag all half-assed and shit.

I intend to start a new topic about about pistol whipping

I have to agree, or there should be two variants of the spawns (some do, some don't)

How do you feel about moving this back to General Discussion to achieve some exposure for the Poll?  :D

I want a magazine for all the new pistols. Which will never happen.

an empty mag is a good idea, or at least not a full one, if it was dropped, shots most probably would have been fired from the weapon

This is my line of thinking also. I think the pistols should spawn with mags. I got into DayZ because the vision for it was to be a fully immersive zombie survival sim. It stands to reason that guns would, in some instances, have both mags and ammos, and in others, not. Both instances should be represented in the game.

/2cents

reddit is not easy to read or enjoy. I agree, hard to get into. Its a format programmers appreciate because it resembles lines of code.

It's a lot easier for me to read than most forum layouts like this one. Not to mention it is my favorite link and news aggregator. :) There's so much formatting on this page that is not necessary. And I don't care to see someone's signature that takes at least an extra inch on the monitor 50 times in a thread. I get it... you're funny.

From a developer stand-point I can see why rocket finds it feasible. It's cleaner, more to the point. This forum is better designed for multi-user, back-and-forth discussion.

Edited by aBlindKid

I like the mag idea but with no ammo. Just gun plus mag. You find the ammo. Usally not hard to find the ammo anyways.

Also once vehicles come into play, mags will be easyier to get as far as run time. Not sure if that fact will change the way I voted but it will get easyier.

I agree this should be implemented.  Its easier to find a Mosin or SKS and the ammo, than it is to find a pistol, the ammo, and then the clip (which usually only spawn at military locations).

Yeah, that should be the other way around if you ask me.

However, I'm not sure if I'd want the clip to come empty or semi-loaded (definitely not fully loaded).   I'm leaning toward empty though, because like other people have already mentioned, its not too difficult to find the appropriate ammo nowadays.

The chances of some guy randomly dropping his gun in a barracks after only fireing a few rounds, perfectly under a bed, on a desk, or on a shelf is extremely slim. Empty mags make the most sense.

I think, sometimes spawn with magazines, magazines with bullets and guns however should be random load and very rare.

Also once vehicles come into play, mags will be easyier to get as far as run time. Not sure if that fact will change the way I voted but it will get easyier.

I think by the time you get a car running you should have more to worry about than mags, like petrol, and spare parts.

Yes and we need more pistols spawns and less M4 spawns there are a lot of M4 Spawns 

Ever since the 9mm pistol came into existance i have never seen a mag for it, come to think of it i have only seen the amphibia mag once off of someone i killed,  i dont understand the reasoning behind this at all as stated by OP.

"Omg zombies lets flee, ditch the guns but definitely dont forget to take the magazines with us" Yeah this makes sense!

i find so many pistols but dont even bother to pick em up because finding the right mag is just too much hassle.