Nowyoudie (DayZ)

Deaf players...

...have absolutely no chance in this game, do they? Normally I play on low pop servers because it's easier to avoid people. But I was hitting my 3rd week with my character, I decide to go on a server with maxed out slots. I wound up in an office building on the third floor where a player with a Mosin pointed towards me for about 10 seconds before he drops me. He goes, "sorry dude you didn't respond to me through 2 floors so i had 2 shoot". There's no way of knowing if someone's trying to talk to me over the mic if I waltz into places like an innocent Japanese schoolgirl. This was on hardcore. My normal character is 4 months old, still alive and kicking, got shot at several times and escaped because I zigzagged out of rash situations. Hearing aids are kinda expensive...

dont get point of post  :huh: 

i don't think they add a speech2text function in the next time.

Blind people are worse off.  The devs have had to add routines where the zombies describe what they're doing to you.  In braille.

• Like 5

There was this thread about what a mute person should do to play DayZ:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175710-what-do-a-mute-person-do/

And the community I am part of actually had a deaf girl part of Staff for a while and our main focus at the time was the DayZ Mod - so if you want to, you can achieve quite a lot as a deaf person.

Well, sorry to be harsh but what did you expect from a game where communication is key to survival... And why didn't you initiate contact with the mosin guy btw through typing?

Well, sorry to be harsh but what did you expect from a game where communication is key to survival... And why didn't you initiate contact with the mosin guy btw through typing?

Perhaps they didn't hear them talking? Derp...

• Like 1

@kichilron, I'll be sure to check it out.

@ThaMac, I'm not looking for pity, just a minor rant. When I realized I was being held up, I was like a deer in front of headlights. I was typing, but I don't think he liked how my character was doing the "lean right and left" dance that some letters cause you to do while typing, and I was shot before I could finish. :P

There is one server,that is a deaf server and has a Warning at start up to type first before shooting

I can't think of the name of the specific server right now,but will post the server name if I come across it again

...have absolutely no chance in this game, do they? Normally I play on low pop servers because it's easier to avoid people. But I was hitting my 3rd week with my character, I decide to go on a server with maxed out slots. I wound up in an office building on the third floor where a player with a Mosin pointed towards me for about 10 seconds before he drops me. He goes, "sorry dude you didn't respond to me through 2 floors so i had 2 shoot". There's no way of knowing if someone's trying to talk to me over the mic if I waltz into places like an innocent Japanese schoolgirl. This was on hardcore. My normal character is 4 months old, still alive and kicking, got shot at several times and escaped because I zigzagged out of rash situations. Hearing aids are kinda expensive...

I understand how you feel but... what do you want really? Today players communicate almost exclusively through voice chat for priority informations. Video games by themselve are already audio/visual medias.

Well, i dont talk much too, just because im in a TS-Server full of People and they dont want be interupted by " I am friendly" or " get the fuck out of my way m*****f*****" or "live free or die trying" so i stay quiet.

How do you talk in DayZ without that ts-member can here you?

[edit]: and please dont say it is puch to talk. i hate push to talk. i cant even Count how much i talked and nobody heard it because i forgot to push the damn button.

Edited by Ozar

@Lady Kyrah, I'm in a guild as a core raider for our 10 man group. I'm the only deaf one, therefore I can't use vent, but I study fights and they trust me on that and we're 5/14 on heroic progression in the current content. I'm able to take down an entire squad single handedly in BF4. I defuse and rescue hostages and take on the last 2-3 terrorists while being the last one alive on my team in Counterstrike: GO. I'd like to think that I'm a decent player as a deaf person but DayZ surely is in a completely different league. I'll have to convince one of my hearing friends to play with me and Skype with them on my secondary monitor so that I would have a better chance on higher pop servers.

@Lady Kyrah, I'm in a guild as a core raider for our 10 man group. I'm the only deaf one, therefore I can't use vent, but I study fights and they trust me on that and we're 5/14 on heroic progression in the current content. I'm able to take down an entire squad single handedly in BF4. I defuse and rescue hostages and take on the last 2-3 terrorists while being the last one alive on my team in Counterstrike: GO. I'd like to think that I'm a decent player as a deaf person but DayZ surely is in a completely different league. I'll have to convince one of my hearing friends to play with me and Skype with them on my secondary monitor so that I would have a better chance on higher pop servers.

I admire your adaptation to play games despite being deaf and succeed at them.