Sebidee

I HATE playing 3rd person servers.

• Like 2

There are no advantages/disadvantages over player on any HC/Regular MOD as it doesn't matter since everyone got the same perspective which provides equal chance for all.

If you like 1st person view, then play on those servers, simples. If there are not many full HC servers, then that means Regular is more popular. You can't enforce your likings over all other players, learn to live with it.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=
  • Like 1

Actually I behave like an adult who grew up playing multiplayer games that didn't have "difficulty" settings because there used to be no such thing as casual gamer scrubs

^ ... quit being a racist

Weedz,

You say you behave like an adult yet you seem to feel the need to belittle and call people scrubs for playing Regular mode- def not the actions of an adult.

Newsflash- not everyong who plays Regular does so to abuse 3pp. If they want to play 3pp then let them without name calling. You like 1pp thats fine. Other people playing their own game on a server not connected to where you are playing should have no consequence on your game so there is no need to name call and act eliteist about the subject  ( like a lof of ppl do , quite hillarious )

Also as mentioned before everyone is at the same playing field so it does not matter- i remeber ppl used to complain about the PF in RTCW saying its a noob tube, well it was in the game- deal with it,.

Me i never liked the 3pp thing in arma , and found it cumbersome comming from BF2 ( as they ruined bf2 with bf3 )  i have over 20 years under my belt playing, scrimming FPS's and never liked 3pp games.However i do like playing on regular - A- its another character B- it is nice to be able to see your character.

I still dont like 1pp in arma 2 or SA it just doesnt feel right for some reason I Played some Arma 3 the other day after a while and for some reason 1pp felt fine.

• Like 1

Weedz,

You say you behave like an adult yet you seem to feel the need to belittle and call people scrubs for playing Regular mode- def not the actions of an adult.

Newsflash- not everyong who plays Regular does so to abuse 3pp.

... the only people I called scrubs are casual CoD console gamers who are responsible for the recent advent of Hardcore and Casual game modes in shooters (which was the start of the downfall of FPS games and killed the Battlefield series for it's longtime fans) and the guy who's bragging about how he only plays 3pp so he can corner camp and acting like that somehow makes him better than people who play 1st person only (which I also said I respect him for because he's one of the only ones that actually admits it and doesn't try to come up with whatever random excuse he can think of to justify wanting it).

Edited by Weedz

was waiting for this

points out the real differenc between the two modes

anyone playing normalcore is 3pp the entire time.

until they have to ADS to KOS, that is.

1st person is rather terrifying in hardcore considering zombies are now coming at you faster in drastically bigger numbers. Now this wouldn't be a problem if they couldn't run through walls.

anyone playing 3pp servers has 3pp on the ENTIRE TIME.

until they are forced to ADS.

that is a shite way to experience the true scope which was intended for 1pp

• Like 2

Now this wouldn't be a problem if they couldn't run through walls.

I feel like this is going to be continued to be said for a long time ... and that saddens me.

Edited by Weedz

... the only people I called scrubs are casual CoD console gamers who are responsible for the recent advent of Hardcore and Casual game modes in shooters (which was the start of the downfall of FPS games and killed the Battlefield series for it's longtime fans) and the guy who's bragging about how he only plays 3pp so he can corner camp and acting like that somehow makes him better than people who play 1st person only (which I also said I respect him for because he's one of the only ones that actually admits it).

But there is no need to abuse people just because they want to play a game thats easier. Its the greedy games companys that only care about $ that you want to blame mate. Mainstream means more $ that is why BF series turned into a COD style shooter because EA knew it would make more money as it has mass appeal. Trust me i was gutted when bf3 was released, i'm a long time fan of bf2 but dont need to use the term cod kiddies or scrubs.

Blame the companys for being greedy not the ppl that want to play something casual, that is their choice and they should never be forced into playing anything other than what they want to play or be chastised for it.

And the guy bragging ( as you put it ) is just being honest , and as said before mayority of ppl that play on 3pp will be asusing ( not abusing that mechanic ) as its in the game. So if he was bragging its pointless as other ppl do the same.

I feel like this is going to be continued to be said for a long time ... and that saddens me.

I do and have concerns we will never have the zombies we should have in the game in terms of imagination and not glitching through walls, even in arma 3 bp they glitch through structures.

What ever happened to aftermath mod? they claimed to have solved this a long time ago but never came through with the goods.

I do and have concerns we will never have the zombies we should have in the game in terms of imagination and not glitching through walls, even in arma 3 bp they glitch through structures.

What ever happened to aftermath mod? they claimed to have solved this a long time ago but never came through with the goods.

Probably the same that happened to all the mods and the vanilla game .... the shitshow known as Epoch

Probably the same that happened to all the mods and the vanilla game .... the shitshow known as Epoch

You could potentially fuck up every mod of the mod with side missions f.e....without the trading system Epoch wouldn't be so bad at all.

anyone playing 3pp servers has 3pp on the ENTIRE TIME.

until they are forced to ADS.

that is a shite way to experience the true scope which was intended for 1pp

During my active time in a clan we had to train shooting 3p with crosshairs ( yes it was that pathetic ) to be able to correct the offset from crosshairs and barrel to different distances. Lucky me i didn't get involved too much since i was the guy with the scoped rifle. Didn't you just post a Utube vid? That pic with both guys next to the wall is the best example with 3p wall peeking...everybody knows the other guy is there until someone decides to walk away and get shot...while in 1p you might be able to hear the guy behind the wall...or not.

It's more sad that people complain about 1st person advocates being hostile, yet ignore the arguments that aren't overly aggressive or offensive. Instead, they attack people like weedz; who initially/responsively attacks them back.

I've never seen anyone even attempt to refute the points in the video piste above. I've seen it in easily a dozen threads and it usually goes ignored? Why?

3rd person advocates like karma-pig use tactics that circumvent even marginally fair fights to ensure that they won't lose (sound familiar?)

Don't like my finger pointing? Disprove the video's points in a logical, cohesive argument an I will repeal the insults I spat in your general direction.

• Like 1

It's more sad that people complain about 1st person advocates being hostile, yet ignore the arguments that aren't overly aggressive or offensive. Instead, they attack people like weedz; who initially/responsively attacks them back.

I've never seen anyone even attempt to refute the points in the video piste above. I've seen it in easily a dozen threads and it usually goes ignored? Why?

3rd person advocates like karma-pig use tactics that circumvent even marginally fair fights to ensure that they won't lose (sound familiar?)

Don't like my finger pointing? Disprove the video's points in a logical, cohesive argument an I will repeal the insults I spat in your general direction.

Hmm funny, because im in 1st from about 1000m from any location I think there could be combat. You also seem to misunderstand me. I did not attack weeds, I posted my views on the subject and was then called a scrub and from then on in he hes shown hostility. Ive ignored the retard comment and other childish snips, while clamly trying to state my points. He even later states that he only calls CoD console gamers scrubs. I don't own a console or CoD, its all just propaganda trying to belittle 3rd players for choosing the view they prefer.

I carnt watch the vid now because im at work. Will watch later and respond. :)

This was my first post....with simple points...to illustrate my view

Grrr again? really? AGAIN?!?!

3rd is no exploit....everyone has it

Playing a 3pp server is more challenging for PvP....Hardcore = safety blanket for those AFRAID of peekers

If it was really about a higher degree of difficulty then youd just hit that button and play away

Its the cries of "level playing field" that show its a safety blanket

If it was really an immersion thing...again....insta immersion button right there.

Just because you carnt get your friends to play hardcore with you dosent mean whole game should go 1st only. Try harder to move your mates.....if you really believe its better show the devs by actually playing it and making it populated. That's the best way to sell them on this idea.

Personally I love what 3rd adds to the game. Really makes me feel connected to my character, and seeing him interact with the world all helps to tell "his story". I love the extra fear looting through towns knowing that someone could be behind any wall...any window...silently watching me preparing for the kill.

Instead of some counterpoints or a logical argument (what your now asking me for) back I get this....

Man you scrubs sure are desperately trying to hold onto that crutch that makes you feel like you aren't terrible at the game because you can kill fresh spawns by magically seeing around corners huh?

Before he edited it and added some more. So when you decide to call someone for attacking another.....get your facts right. Damn strait my tone changed after that :)

• Like 2

But attacking him does nothing to strengthen your argument. Yes, he called you a name. Be the bigger man and don't sink to his level. Or ignore him and refute MY points. I haven't been hostile and you've simply ignored my arguments.

You flock to his trolling/immaturity like flies to honey.

• Like 1

But attacking him does nothing to strengthen your argument. Yes, he called you a name. Be the bigger man and don't sink to his level. Or ignore him and refute MY points. I haven't been hostile and you've simply ignored my arguments.

You can't communicate with people who refuse to admit that they are actually countering their own arguments. f.e. giving everyone 3pv doesn't level the playfield ever.

Don't worry Dagwood give it some time and you'll be like me and understand that these people will never care about or even read your points because they are so firm set in their ways of ruining the game for themselves that they couldn't care less about anything that would go against the crutches they cling onto like it's a life raft. They will in fact most of the time start insulting and using every swear in the book on you if you prove anything they are saying to be false with cold hard facts.

As you can see this guy came into a thread about not liking 3rd person view and started spouting off about how people who play on hardcore servers only do it because they are wussies and afraid of corner campers and then brags about how good he is because he corner camps and then saying people who want to play in 1st person on normal servers but can't because everyone else is corner camping are crying because they need a "safety blanket" (not because they don't want to be playing a FPS against "wall hackers"). All this was before I ever posted in the thread and now he's acting all high and mighty like that never happened while reposting it.

I call my best friends things much worse than "scrub" on a daily basis.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

There are no advantages/disadvantages over player on any HC/Regular MOD as it doesn't matter since everyone got the same perspective which provides equal chance for all.

If you like 1st person view, then play on those servers, simples. If there are not many full HC servers, then that means Regular is more popular. You can't enforce your likings over all other players, learn to live with it.

That's actually very... very wrong. 3PP is not equal or fair just because all players have access to it. The environment is the deciding factor and in many situations one player will have a huge advantage over another. The problem occurs frequently in towns with lots of objects and walls because the camera is raised behind the player.

its_fair_guys.png

3PP allows players to see from behind cover without risk to themselves, this simple change of perspective radically changes player behaviour.

• Like 2

That's actually very... very wrong. 3PP is not equal or fair just because all players have access to it. The environment is the deciding factor and in many situations one player will have a huge advantage over another. The problem occurs frequently in towns with lots of objects and walls because the camera is raised behind the player.

How Do you think, that guy will shoot the other guy without poping his head?  Same thing happens in first person, you'll always get an advantage from environment. (Counter Strike, BF/COD Games) all same.

(I pointed out for players over players.) If you know all the view angles then everyone has equal chance due to equal knowledge. Therfor doesn't matter as long as everyone has access on same tool.

On Third person, you should expect that so you already aware of the incoming danger. (So point your gun at corners) for that situation.

• Like 1

its_fair_guys.png

3PP allows players to see from behind cover without risk to themselves, this simple change of perspective radically changes player behaviour.

This looks familiar to me, a lot of OFP and ArmA players loved this map with a lot of buildings, can't remember the name. They actually always had the problem in their face since everyone knew the opponent was using exactly that advantage to wait until you show up and take a step to shoot you while you were running towards the corner...not really fair.

How Do you think, that guy will shoot the other guy without poping his head?  Same thing happens in first person, you'll always get an advantage from environment. (Counter Strike, BF/COD Games) all same.

(I pointed out for players over players.) If you know all the view angles then everyone has equal chance due to equal knowledge.

Stupid comment...of course the guy has to pop out to kill the other guy but he could never time his attack like that if everyone was using 1pv or do you still refuse to see the fault of the 3pv system from the fairness perspective. He has to look and react at the same time and not look and plan his attack. And none of the shooters you mentioned has that view unless you hack in-game and i don't know if that's even possible.

Edited by Enforcer

its_fair_guys.png

Are you serious?

Just factor that in and choose your path accordingly.

And what about 1st person view... If I lie down in a corridor or behind a door then I will have a MASSIVE advantage.

Also remove elevations since the environment in that case give the one higher up a distinctive advantage ...

LETS REMOVE THE GUNS!!!!! We must do it because someone with a gun has in certain situations a massive advantage over other player.

But thats your opinions. And you all seem to just play regular - and being killed alot to that - because you sound so hurt.

(You could play hardcore and everything would be fine though)

Also:

Calling people names for how they play in a legit (it is right now) way. Or because they like CoD or casual games...

Thank god people can do what they want and you are powerless to stop them.

(Unpleasant forum posts aside but that at least provides some amusement while I deploy / test)

Edited by Rauchsauger
  • Like 1

Stupid comment...of course the guy has to pop out to kill the other guy but he could never time his attack like that if everyone was using 1pv or do you still refuse to see the fault of the 3pv system from the fairness perspective. He has to look and react at the same time and not look and plan his attack. And none of the shooters you mentioned has that view unless you hack in-game and i don't know if that's even possible.

It's your opinion.  As I've mentioned , same adv/disadvs can occur in first person as well if you take the environment as focus. All CS players can explain you very well or just check the Pro Angle tips on CS first person.

View angle always can be different regards of the environment, doesn't matter if it's first person or 3rd person.  Also switching from 3rd person to ADS gives you a delay in combat, while you trying to use  the view angle , someone can fill you with bullets.

Here's the deal: Someone playing on a regular server does not affect anyone playing on a hardcore server and vice versa. That is all there is to it really. If they shared hive then you could have complained about it, but they don't. One choice is not superior or better to the other and there are no arguments in the world to claim or state otherwise as an empirical fact.

I play both (when I have the time to play) and have no problems finding decent sized (ranging from 20-40 players) hardcore servers. Sure there are less hardcore servers than regular servers - but I don't need 10 different 30 out of 40 players servers with decent latency to play the game. Sure I don't play all the time so I have no idea about certain times of the day, but I rarely play during the times that (I think) can be considered prime time and the times I can actually play (or feel that I have enough energy to play) is sporadic at best and still manage to find servers to play on, it could be that I'm the luckiest person alive when it comes to finding DayZ hardcore servers (serious lackluster of a skill to possess), but that's not very likely.

If you want to play in 1PP only, go play on a hardcore server. If you want to play on a 3PP, go play on a regular. If you want to play 1PP on a regular server, by all means - go ahead and do so, but don't complain about people using 3PP then. Don't blame the game or the options of playing styles that it gives just because your friends do not want to play in a certain way or prefer one way to the other. Get new friends, be more convincing about the benefits of hardcore servers or make a deal with them: 50% of the time you play on HC and 50% you play on regular servers.

• Like 2

And what about 1st person view... If I lie down in a corridor or behind a door then I will a MASSIVE advantage.

How do you figure that's true at all? You would have no clue someone was coming and they would have no clue you are there. I personally would have a fairly decent chance of killing you in that situation as I'm in the 99th percentile for reaction time and always anticipate that there is an enemy everywhere at every time.

-snip-

See this is how you make an appropriate rebuttal to a thread that is of a different opinion than your own. Not by going "HURDUR everyone who plays hardcore is bad and needs safety blankets cuz they can't handle corner camping"

Edited by Weedz