-Gews-

Battlefield 3 vs DayZ dispersion

The Payday thread gave me an idea... I thought I'd check out how accurate the weapons in BF3 were compared to DayZ, single shot, aiming down sights...

zwHU3ZX.png

M4A1 = 1.69 times more accurate than DayZ version

1911 = 3.44 times more accurate than DayZ version

SKS = 2.86 times more accurate than DayZ version

• Like 16

If true, that's saying something, because BF3/4's "random spread" is atrocious.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 4

Oops, I meant to post this in the actual Payday thread. Welp.

Oops, I meant to post this in the actual Payday thread. Welp.

Since you've got your own thread then, how do these numbers compare to measurable real values for dispersion on these weapons?

• Like 1

Since you've got your own thread then, how do these numbers compare to measurable real values for dispersion on these weapons?

Too many variables, DayZ is anywhere from 5-30 times larger. Inconsistency bothers me more.

• Like 1

Sad that a Arcade game like BF3 has more accurate weapons than a survival simulator with a Military sim pedigree.

• Like 7

In Battlefield you are a trained supersoldier, in DayZ you are an idiot who washed up on a shore who needs help eating and drinking.

• Like 11

In Battlefield you are a trained supersoldier, in DayZ you are an idiot who washed up on a shore who needs help eating and drinking.

Does that magically make the gun fire in a totally different direction of where its pointed at ?

• Like 10

Sad that a Arcade game like BF3 has more accurate weapons than a survival simulator with a Military sim pedigree.

Except everyone in said Arcade game are Russian or American soldiers. Everyone in DayZ comes from a Civilian background, unless you named yourself something like 1SGT. Dave J. Dingleberry and pretended to be a  First Sergeant - which is extremely cliché and tons of people do it (minus the naming part).

• Like 1

Except everyone in said Arcade game are Russian or American soldiers. Everyone in DayZ comes from a Civilian background, unless you named yourself something like 1SGT. Dave J. Dingleberry and pretended to be a  First Sergeant - which is extremely cliché and tons of people do it (minus the naming part).

How does that change the fact that the weapons in dayz randomly shoot in every which way.

Sure you could be a green horn survivor who never shot a gun but making the gun shoot like a blunderbuss isnt going to simulate that .

• Like 1

How does that change the fact that the weapons in dayz randomly shoot in every which way.

Sure you could be a green horn survivor who never shot a gun but making the gun shoot like a blunderbuss isnt going to simulate that .

... Every gun I've shot so far in DayZ was.. I'd say is about 95% accurate with about a 5 cm difference from where I'm actually aiming. I'm not sure what you fellas are talking about, but DayZ guns are super accurate. What distances are you even shooting at?

If I had just washed up on a beach in an unfamiliar place full of zombies, I don't think I could hit the broad side of a barn, having little to no real world firearms experience.

• Like 1

Well I dunno. I was able to hit a target from a decent distance with a .300 win rifle when I was around 15-ish, so I mean.. it couldn't be that hard to just pick up a gun and go.

It doesn't take much skill to shoot a gun, really. The aiming LONG DISTANCE is the hard part I suppose.

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 1

... Every gun I've shot so far in DayZ was.. I'd say is about 95% accurate with about a 5 cm difference from where I'm actually aiming. I'm not sure what you fellas are talking about, but DayZ guns are super accurate. What distances are you even shooting at?

Well within the weapons effective range.

I cannot consistently hit anything even at 100m with the m4.

I quit BF3 and never bought BF4 (I had easily over 3000 hours played in BF2 and a little less in the BF games before that) because of this ...

Edited by Weedz

this is accurate.

i don't know what the "ballistics" for dayz will look like

but i don't think they'll be as good as Arma 2 or BF3.

this is accurate.

i don't know what the "ballistics" for dayz will look like

but i don't think they'll be as good as Arma 2 or BF3.

That's saying alot too since BF3 has some of the most unrealistic ballistics ever in a game.

Wrong, in USSR 80% of male population went through mandatory military service of 2-3 years, and women went throuugh some sort of medical training.

Wrong, in USSR 80% of male population went through mandatory military service of 2-3 years, and women went throuugh some sort of medical training.

The game doesn't take place int he USSR though. It takes place modern day long after the USSR imploded on itself.

The game doesn't take place int he USSR though. It takes place modern day long after the USSR imploded on itself.

*in a fictional country.

*in a fictional country.

It's a fictional post-soviet state. According to the lore it was part of the USSR at one time. :)

Edited by Mos1ey

It's a fictional post-soviet state. According to the lore it was part of the USSR at one time. :)

I know but it adds to not knowing if the have mandatory service or not. A lot of former soviet countries do. Like Czech Republic until 2004.

Edited by Weedz