Sign in to follow this  
chysgoda

Zombies Ruining Gear in one hit!?!?!?

Was running through the outskirts of a town, weapon at low ready, zombie agro from 1k away and she sprints up behind me hits me once before I put one in her head. Open up to bandage and I notice the items in my assault vest we ruined, again... This happened yesterday with one hit as well, vest was pristine and now ruined with one hit, is this suppose to be happening? can anyone tell me..

b_560_95_1.png

zombie agro from 1k away and she sprints up behind me hits me once

You saw a zombie coming from 1000m away, let her come up and hit you

I don't even know what to say

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 2

You saw a zombie coming from 1000m away, let her come up and hit you

I don't even know what to say

Just a generalization, typically they run at you from 500m-1k while running with weapon out they got that hyper sensitive hearing and all lol.

Serious note though it either had to be a respawn from a player killing in front of me or one of the invisible zombies from behind a good ways, because I didn't hear or see her until the jumping attack on my face lol.

• Like 1

Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this I remember reading about zombie attacks are going to be directed at chests more, and this coincides with chest area but one hit ruining assault vest twice in two days seems kinda weird to me.

Just a generalization, typically they run at you from 500m-1k while running with weapon out they got that hyper sensitive hearing and all lol.

Serious note though it either had to be a respawn from a player killing in front of me or one of the invisible zombies from behind a good ways, because I didn't hear or see her until the jumping attack on my face lol.

Ha yeah I was kidding, on topic ive had this happen too, I spread my bandages all over my inventory now

I spawned in taking damage from a zombie 20m away... good times.

Yep, it's alpha, but in the mean time, don't let a zombie attack you, and don't get attached to your gear. If you go around as the generic army soldier, then you're gonna be pretty angry when it gets to badly damaged. One of the reasons I wear civvie clothing is because it's easy to replace.

I have been hit like 6 or 7 times now... luckily for me none of my clothing has been damaged. 2 or 3 of the times I've been hit I didn't start to bleed either.

I've been lucky then too, I have taken a few hits and started to bleed every time but no gear or clothing was ruined. Maybe the next hit would have who knows.

Haven't experienced it. Though zombies seem to go for the balls now. One ruined my pants, shame my magnum was in there. Now i gotta find a cleaning kit and a hacksaw so i can pick up a rifle for my mate.

Had a zombie insta ruin my pants.

Now it isn't just bandits who steal your pants!

Had a zombie insta ruin my pants.

Now it isn't just bandits who steal your pants!

Now that's Funny!

Well it looks like others have had other pieces of clothing ruined as well by zombies, so that answers my question I wanted to know. I was just thinking since it happened to me twice in the same area it was just hitting the chest and destroying equip in the vest but seems to be spread around. I am not sure that zombie mechanics should be able to melee damage you, unarmed at that, and destroy items like a pistol ion your assault vest though. Just gonna post it on bugs and see if it working as planned or not.

• Like 1

One ruined my pants, shame my magnum was in there.

You should never keep a Magnum tucked in your pants, that thing misfires and your gonna have a real problem

Ain't no bandage that going to stop that bleeding

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

It's been happening to me recently as well; getting into situations where zed respawns would cause a small horde attacking. (Not complaining, I love the new zombie threat!)

But since my chest pieces will become ruined after needing to bandage a couple of times, I now keep bandages and other higher value items in my pants or backpack.

this is especially annoying when you find some awesome matching cloths, then all the sudden 1 zombie scratching it makes it look like someone threw up on it, a football team used it as their shoes for a week, then it was used as target practice for a grenade launcher, then thrown up on like 10 more times. 

@ OP. I heard this happened to a friend of mine in vent. He then logged off and whined about it. He left his two friends to fend for themselves and they starved to death.

IT WAS YOU.

Was it raining?

Was your gear wet?

I noticed this happens if your gear is

Gear was completely dry, just happened again this time with my shirt and ruined ammo case inside shirt but ammo in the case was ok, totally weird

Yep one ruined my assault vest yesterday, which contained an FNX with suppressor, pistol flashlight and pistol red dot sight; All ruined. It made me sad.

Zombies ruined my boonie hat !

( and it never got wet, unlike my balistic helmet which got soaked after 5 mins )

xx

Never keep valuable stuff in your pants.  All it takes is for one set of stairs to glitch, break your legs, and everything is gone.  I have had this happen too many times.  I keep a compass, a can opener, my completed map, a New Testament, and a couple of useless items in my pants.  Maps, compass, and can openers can be used even in ruined condition.  Same goes for books.  Everything else is either food or something of lesser value.

I dsont know if Z,s ruin my gear in one hit but it's certainly being ruined much quicker.

I'm now storing bandages/rags in seperate places because they get ruined very fast in a hoodie.

1000m is a long way, not sure if you're just being hyperbolic... but I've never had a zombie aggro me from more than 500m (if that, which is still a long way off, too long just by LOS if you ask me).