lucasmarteney@gmail.com

HOW CAN YOU BREAK A GAME AFTER FIXING IT!

So i am pissed the fuck off now....

i played 2 weeks ago and was impressed with the leaps that standalone has made.. i long in now and find a great patch, then i see that you people have done it. YOU FUCKING BROKE THE ZOMBIES THAT YOU ALREADY FIXED. now what i mean by this is in the mod the zombies moved unpredictably and unrealistically  I.E zig zaging and glitching out and re spawning so when i am in a firefight or trying to loot 300 zombies come running out of nowhere and moving so fast i cant even hit them and there dodging like crazy. complete bullshit. so u fix it by making them slow and more predictable but still zig and zag slightly but whatever no big. now you went and fucked it all up again and if it stays like this im done playing and will no longer support this game its just unbelievably annoying to try and play a game that is giving no fucks about peoples input.

DayZ.jpg

The zombies are easy my friend.. take a break, regroup and go back and try again later.

Better luck next time :)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Well when zombies actually interact with map and building geometry then they wont be as bad unless they follow you up the stair wells to murder you. I advise you to run along slopes because the current run speed allows them to kill themselves by ramping off ledges. Also just side step them.

Edited by Canned Muffins

Well when zombies actually interact with map and building geometry then they wont be as bad unless they follow you up the stair wells to murder you. I

But that will never happen, zombies will always be janky.

• Like 1

But that will never happen, zombies will always be janky.

jankdecks.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, we were having fun this morning with the zombies, glad there here and hope to see more of them.

can I have your stuff?

• Like 3

hope to see more of them.

Oh yes please! When the better respawn mechanic is implemented, zombies cranked way up, less loot, zombies harder to kill, water infections/contaminations (and less water overall i.e empty wells etc), deseases and zombification infections I'll be in heaven. Anyone with me?  

• Like 4

i played 2 weeks ago and was impressed with the leaps that standalone has made.. i long in now and find a great patch, then i see that you people have done it. YOU FUCKING BROKE THE ZOMBIES THAT YOU ALREADY FIXED. now what i mean by this is in the mod the zombies moved unpredictably and unrealistically  I.E zig zaging and glitching out and re spawning so when i am in a firefight or trying to loot 300 zombies come running out of nowhere and moving so fast i cant even hit them and there dodging like crazy. complete bullshit. so u fix it by making them slow and more predictable but still zig and zag slightly but whatever no big. now you went and fucked it all up again and if it stays like this im done playing and will no longer support this game its just unbelievably annoying to try and play a game that is giving no fucks about peoples input.

illogical

spkyrll.gif

• Like 3

Oh yes please! When the better respawn mechanic is implemented, zombies cranked way up, less loot, zombies harder to kill, water infections/contaminations (and less water overall i.e empty wells etc), deseases and zombification infections I'll be in heaven. Anyone with me?  

Let me hold your hand as we stroll through Chernarus my friend.

• Like 3

You came to a ZOMBIE game, and are leaving because the ZOMBIES are too hard? 

drphill-what-the-hell-were-you-thinking.

• Like 2

On a side note, the game now feels a tad more fluid right? 

Atleast after they patched stable branch, experimental was wonky for me, but that powerful hive (mind) for stable, seems really ehm powerfull.

Because game and software development isn't a linear path of roses and sunshine dude. Also zombies in a zombie game, how dare they right?

Having a lot of fun with them so far.  Their detection should be fixed but I wouldn't mind if they were more durable and retained the current speed.

2 words:

Good riddance.

Also, the zombies move pretty fluidly.. If they stopped them from spawning right before my eyes, and made them obey the laws of physics when it comes to walls/floors/doors, I'd be happy. 

• Like 2

The only thing I have noticed is there is a slight number increase, and they seems to see through walls as well now. I was in a building with no windows near me, my back to wall. Was there for few minutes (personal reasons) when all of a sudden my screen goes gray, one zombie decided to walk through a wall behind me. Noise seems to draw them as well, will be a good sign to see if anyone else is in an area.

HOW CAN YOU BREAK A GAME AFTER FIXING IT!

I can tell that you've NEVER worked with scripting or programming in the past.

My bullshit senses are tingling.

Your wish list scares me

You want Warzzzz my friend, or is it Infestation? Its only £1 on steam.

Go forth and sod off.

Alpha used to mean something to gamers........

• Like 1

Let me hold your hand as we stroll through Chernarus my friend.

don't believe him! he has this other-worldly accent where his use of the letter "W" is always conceived as an "H" in his writings. At times he also refers to it as being "magic" or "mine can do the 'propeller' "

• Like 1

Alpha used to mean something to gamers........

Just to butt in on this note: Every single game being released these days is an "Early Access Alpha", go through Steam someday and look.

In other words, we are at the stage now when "Early Access Alpha" is the actual game, and developers just patch as they go along; so no, Alpha means nothing to gamers anymore because none of these are Alpha's, they are releases with patches.

So, OP wants the zombies to be slow fleshbags he can easily dodge, or if he wishes annihilate? That sounds pretty boring...

I suggest you dry you tears, eat a beefsteak, drink a glass of milk and become a man!

No, seriously, I think the zombies are on a very good way. They should be strong and fearsome! As soon as the glitching, AI and spawning is fixed, they should get a nice increase in quantity.

You shall fear the horde!

• Like 1

Just to butt in on this note: Every single game being released these days is an "Early Access Alpha", go through Steam someday and look.

In other words, we are at the stage now when "Early Access Alpha" is the actual game, and developers just patch as they go along; so no, Alpha means nothing to gamers anymore because none of these are Alpha's, they are releases with patches.

Yeah I agree.

I think we'd all be better off without Early Access games.

Sure we get to play them early, but developers get exemption from criticism, exemption from having to pay people to test the game (they managed to con people into doing the opposite, which is a sly move on their part), exemption from having to finish a game before it becomes an earner (another sly move which could bite gamers in the arse). 

Sorry for being off topic, just fancied a rant.