thunda600

How Do you Play

HI everyone new to the forum,

Been playing with my mate for the last 4 weekend's and I think we are really rubbish at the game. The story seem's to be gear up , go to town and get sniped or be force fed by bandits lol.

Anyway we have great fun and heart pounding moments when we get shot at but still never survive unless we manage to run away. How do you guys play after your geared up with all the weapons, food and 1st aid stuff you can carry?

We find it boring hanging around in the woods so end up trying to find some action or someone to help then die lol.

when i get my full build (weapons, helmets, ammo,...) i usually go into cities with my friends. and there I am usually hyper alert for anything that moves. and if u want to survive make sure u use cover and use 3rd person view to look around the corners so u dont get shot in the head. and it helps if u listen for gunshots and movement

Hi, thanks for the reply. We do try that but never come out on top maybe just rubbish and need more practice. We normally shit it then get the giggles lol

We normally shit it then get the giggles lol

Don't play when high. Will stop the giggles.

If you play with friends, ask someone to cover, while you move on street, look by 3d view in every window then fast run to other hiding spot, while your comrades, covers you.You can try to fap wait in forest near big road(but it will take eternity to catch someone), find some dude who know russian, go on ru server , make him "naked" like newspawn, and let him catch someone on road, and ask russian kids to help, stop them for food etc. and then it's your friends time to give few headshots, if someone survives, that naked dude just run to them closely and by that way show location of the tards you met, yell them that's - Guys! i can help you, where the other of your team blah blah blah, you will find everyone and your snipers will kill them. (made that once in kamushevo, worked)

Here's a tip for you.. try scouting a city / airfield / military base from afar, just sit there zooming with your built-in binoculars until you see someone running around. Figure out what they are doing / where they are going and get yourself in position to interact with them. Takes a bit of patience but works like a charm!

• Like 3

ed. to be used in other thread

i was in elektro on 3pp not givin a fuck str8 yolo saw this punk roll by in the corner

i was in the school

heard him creepin

heard the zeds getting aggroed

circled the building and went back inside

heard him bandaging on the third floor

saw blood dripping on the second

ran upstairs and drew the axe

he yells on mic "what no friendly no kill no kill!"

i forget the melee is bugged and cant hit him until i raise the axe

he runs downstairs and into the street

he tries to draw his rifle and i close the distance

i hear the click of empty chamber and chase him

he switches to pistol and clicks out again

he stops to equip axe

i stop infront of him to line up the swing

he hits me and i go grey and blurry

i circle behind him as he swings wildly and hit him multiple times

never said a word and i have an expensive and fully working mic

i looted the corpse

he had no ammo or valuables

he posed no threat, was friendly and tried to run

even pleaded on mic for mercy

i still gutted him like a fish in the street

giphy.gif

Edited by pacific_coast
  • Like 1

ed. to be used in other thread

i was in elektro on 3pp not givin a fuck str8 yolo saw this punk roll by in the corner

i was in the school

heard him creepin

heard the zeds getting aggroed

circled the building and went back inside

heard him bandaging on the third floor

saw blood dripping on the second

ran upstairs and drew the axe

he yells on mic "what no friendly no kill no kill!"

i forget the melee is bugged and cant hit him until i raise the axe

he runs downstairs and into the street

he tries to draw his rifle and i close the distance

i hear the click of empty chamber and chase him

he switches to pistol and clicks out again

he stops to equip axe

i stop infront of him to line up the swing

he hits me and i go grey and blurry

i circle behind him as he swings wildly and hit him multiple times

never said a word and i have an expensive and fully working mic

i looted the corpse

he had no ammo or valuables

he posed no threat, was friendly and tried to run

even pleaded on mic for mercy

i still gutted him like a fish in the street

giphy.gif

That sound's like an awesome encounter , my heart would have been racing lol.

Here's a tip for you.. try scouting a city / airfield / military base from afar, just sit there zooming with your built-in binoculars until you see someone running around. Figure out what they are doing / where they are going and get yourself in position to interact with them. Takes a bit of patience but works like a charm!

Nice tip , maybe try that tonight.

when you spawn at the cost, head north, not as many KOSers/murders there, after the few town been looted up, head to the NEAF, military loot there, then I make my way to the northern end of the map,(never seen another person there), and the CAREFULLY loot the NWAF, (beware of snipers, people who camp at the doorways (had a face full of M4A1 once!) and then survive with ton's of ammo& M4A1 (and a few pistols) and nothing to do but kill the zombies in cherno.

when you spawn at the cost, head north, not as many KOSers/murders there, after the few town been looted up, head to the NEAF, military loot there, then I make my way to the northern end of the map,(never seen another person there), and the CAREFULLY loot the NWAF, (beware of snipers, people who camp at the doorways (had a face full of M4A1 once!) and then survive with ton's of ammo& M4A1 (and a few pistols) and nothing to do but kill the zombies in cherno.

Thanks for the tips,

The thing is i have no problem gearing up , maybe the only way to survive is hide lol. How long does the average player last in this game?

lol 90% KoSers and assh*les are playing on 3rd person, coz it's too OP, non realistic and stupidly dumb and I consider it cheating.

Go play on 1st person only server, that way if you can't see the enemy - they can't see you and most of the time if someone shoots at you, you can just run arround the corner and he will be suddenly just as much confused about your position as you are about his. 

Thanks for the tips,

The thing is i have no problem gearing up , maybe the only way to survive is hide lol. How long does the average player last in this game?

With how I've been running, I've lasted over a few weeks with this 1 guy, finally found the scope for the FNX45, but I don't have it :)

I play as a mix between friendly survivor and bad it. I like shooting people but I also just as much enjoy striking a conversation with them.

good tip, I find people are more receptive/believing to you being "friendly" when you make first contact.

it's always best to see before being seen, making contact or not is a judgment call.

also running blindly into someone is a recipe for some KoS just due to nerves.

I recommend you spend a lot of time walking instead of running, find places to sit down and chill, admire the Chernorussian scenery: some of it is rather beautiful.

DayZ is indubitably a game of patience. Find things to do or ways of playing the game that slow you right down. Experience tells me that the slower you take things, the more likely you are to judge situations accurately, make the right calls, and survive. Helps with tactical awareness, too - more time to gauge the ground, get familiar.

I RP a "Highway bandit", waiting or moving along commonly traveled paths players take to  move around the north, and robbing or killing(depending on the circumstances) the travelers who happen by

You guy's sound good at the game. we can Maybe try and meet skilled players in game see if we can get some tips .

when i get my full build (weapons, helmets, ammo,...) i usually go into cities with my friends. and there I am usually hyper alert for anything that moves. and if u want to survive make sure u use cover and use 3rd person view to look around the corners so u dont get shot in the head. and it helps if u listen for gunshots and movement

3pp http://i.imgur.com/mulNfZN.jpg

When on regular server with my friends we play good guys fighting the good fight not shooting unless we have to helping newbies as we can.

When they aren't on I play hardcore server and its more fun.  First thing I do when I log on is kill myself (getting tougher, you think it's easy to jump from buildings, there are a lot of them you can't jump/fall from).  Then restart as a new spawn and I love it.  Especially with the new patch.  Game was never more fun then it was yesterday running around an area I hadn't been in (I usually run north, this time I ran up the east coast more) with new buildings and gear to find.  You don't appreciate a hospital or new police station near as much when you are fully geared as you do with just a pitch fork and a fractured arm.

still str8 ballin in elektro

blasting this over mic while i circle on top of the hospital

spraying my m4 in the air

poppin epi's and morphine to get fucked up

cause my soul is gone

done too much kos

going to hell 4 sure

cant be redeemed at this point

• Like 1

poppin epi's and morphine to get fucked up 

Beans just for this line. I can see the Epi Morphine speedball commanding high prices on the mean streets of Chernarus. If you did this IRL I'm pretty sure your heart would explode.