brazorf

Can zombies hear us?

I mean, does it make any sense crouched walking? Is there an actual difference between

a. walk/run

b. run while crouched

c. walk while crouched ?

they can hear and they can see you, when you crouch make sure you are walking and the zed is looking the other way, I just learned LOS is based off of head position, not body position (which makes sense) and I usually assume 180 degrees but I'm sure its less than that. they will hear you when you run even if you are crouched but it can be hit or miss as I have run right past one and not drawn agro - I call that lucky - when you kill a zed try to use the quietest melee weapon you have such as the fire axe or splitting axe and be aware that all guns make sound that the zeds will hear, even the amphibia .22 which has an integral suppressor, this weapon is effective with two or three head shots and 5 or more body shots to a zed but it is silent enough to not attract people, it will still attract zeds. hope this helps :)

I don't think so yet. I tried proning and a zombie came after me from 50 meters give or take.

I'm having the same problem, zombies run towards me from distant positions even though I crouched walking..

I'm having the same problem, zombies run towards me from distant positions even though I crouched walking..

Depends on how far away they were and how loud you character was.

I just had an unpleasant experience of aggroing a zombie while prone. I didn't hold shit though, so maybe the noise levels are not yet separated for different type of stance, just the speed of movement?

Thanks for the answers.

I still have some doubt though, i'm aware about LOS so when trying to sneak around them i always make sure they're facing the opposite direction.

Anyway i'm sure enough that i got aggro while walking crouched to the back side of that focker. Is there any documentations or dev blog post about it?

One more thing, little OT.

I sometime run upstairs when chased. Let alone physics issues (being hit through the floor, lol), i feel like they are following me from the underlying floor.

Example: i climb a building ladder to the roof, move to the other side of the building, and theyre waiting me on the ground, other side. How the fuck are they supposed to hear or spot me?

Until zombie physics are redone and they actually work (no walking through walls, under the floor, rubberbanding and ignoring clear headshots because of desync) until then, I wouldn't even bother asking this question.

Until zombie physics are redone and they actually work (no walking through walls, under the floor, rubberbanding and ignoring clear headshots because of desync) until then, I wouldn't even bother asking this question.

Cool! I do bother, instead. Would be nice to know if ive spent 80 hours walking slowly while i could have ran with the same effect

My mate has black character "for the camo" he seems to draw in zombies like he's made of fireworks