Sign in to follow this  
TX_

Zombies with loot

First off, couldn't find a thread about this though it must have crossed someone's mind, or maybe it's even planned already (don't really read them dev blogs). Admins feel free to combine if there's a thread about this already.

So zombies with loot, why and why not? I'd like to see zombies carrying clothing (poor quality and ruined, sometimes better quality) because they have clothing on them. Pretty simple. They could also have various items, mostly junk but sometimes useful things like can openers, a bit of ammo, food, rags etc. Maybe even a revolver on very rare occasion! Also, zombies with backpacks etc. visible items would be just fun to take down / loot, especially in early game.

I'd like this because it would diversify the looting mechanic, right now you either loot houses or kill players to get stuff (or get it from a friendly player, if you can find one of the two who play the game). It would also shift zombies into something else than mere annoyance / threat. Can't really think of a reason why not to have them carry some loot actually. Any thoughts on this?

• Like 7

In the mod the bodies of zombies stayed and they sometimes carried loot, mostly tin cans, though with the occasional can of soda or beans.

I'm not sure if this will be making a come back.

I wouldn't mind it. At the moment I think it might put undue pressure on the servers but eventually I think it would be an alright idea.

People are quick to go on about the search bar, but ive posted stuff myself that i did search for and it was already on. :), anyways, i do think zombies should have limited loot. BUt, the back pack zombie is on the money, my lass just said yeah make it a rare spawn. "survivor zombie". At this moment in time ill settle for anything but what we have as zombies in this game, they are awful to put it mildly. THey should of just put the walking ones off the mod in this as the temp. Not just throw out these things we have to put up with. :). But totally with you on the loot. 

People are quick to go on about the search bar, but ive posted stuff myself that i did search for and it was already on. :), anyways, i do think zombies should have limited loot. BUt, the back pack zombie is on the money, my lass just said yeah make it a rare spawn. "survivor zombie". At this moment in time ill settle for anything but what we have as zombies in this game, they are awful to put it mildly. THey should of just put the walking ones off the mod in this as the temp. Not just throw out these things we have to put up with. :). But totally with you on the loot.

Beans to "survivor zombie".. :D yeah the Zs right now are just bad, so probably will take a while before anything like this would be given consideration. It's not a must have feature anyway, more like a nice touch in late beta or so.

• Like 1

It has been talked about already and I believe it is intended to come at some point.  People have mentioned military zombies carrying ammo and the such.

What I want to see are zombie-only loot items.  Maybe some desirable clothing that only zombies have and maybe some really useful utility items (GPS, some sort of medical item [Maybe an extremely rare spawn of a cure to brain fever?], some special knife/rifle/weapon, and some other knick knacks that only somebody who had been living would carry  [photgraphs, letters, pendants, bizarre sentimental items]).  The possibilities are endless.

But yes, dissenfectant would be a necessity as well as a sewing kit...

Do you think it would have a negative effect on the games atmosphere if people began farming zombies for loot? I'm just curious what you guys think.

Might get people to start killing infected instead of other players as soon as they see them.

Yes definitely will only help to reduce killing others for "cans of beans or ammo"(or their blood) which is often the only reason i find myself killing an innocent (only if I'm starving/ have very limited ammo and am with a group or need blood for the group ) ... Zombies should definitely have minimal loot though , usually seeing some food ,rags , possibly a melee in their hands , or Maybe sometimes seeing a military zombie with a damaged pistol still in a holster on their persons ?

• Like 1

I like this idea! Like others had said, very minimal loot.... a can of beans, a can opener or a magazine. Nothing large like a gun or axe. I personally don't think a zombie would carry around an axe but something else like a radio in their pocket seems more realistic.

• Like 1

if you can find one of the two who play the game).

Really!?! I dunno why we meet always players also in the most remote city when we're 6 on the server and 3 are us.. O_o

Do you think it would have a negative effect on the games atmosphere if people began farming zombies for loot? I'm just curious what you guys think.

They could prevent any negative effects by boosting the Zs (headshot only kills etc.) or making them spawn more frequently in areas that are lacking them. So I think it wouldn't hurt the overall game experience, at least when balanced right.

They could prevent any negative effects by boosting the Zs (headshot only kills etc.) or making them spawn more frequently in areas that are lacking them. So I think it wouldn't hurt the overall game experience, at least when balanced right.

Zombies are live infected, they die headshot or not.

I also think zombies should have crappy loot on them. Mostly soda cans etc

Zombies are live infected, they die headshot or not.

I also think zombies should have crappy loot on them. Mostly soda cans etc

Zombies are fictional, so devs can make them what they like;)

If zombies have only crappy loot, people will not loot them. If there's a chance they are carrying something more useful / rare, people would be tempted to check their loot. So I'd say go with mostly crappy loot with a small chance of better stuff too (maybe that's what you implied with your comment also).

Hear this one out,it may be a bad idea,but....

Should we have rare cop zombies,and very

rarely have them drop a handgun as loot?

ARRRGG!! Stop asking to add more weapons, rifle and guns!! :o  :o  :o 

Really guys in my last 3 life i've got a gun/rifle and ammo in less then 30/40 mins it's really ridiculous  :|

Why not instead of your body dissapearing when you die, it gets up evenually and turns into a zombie? Wandering off to somwhere else on the map.

Would make a pretty fun task hunting your dead self down and trying to get the loot thats not ruined back from it.

Why not instead of your body dissapearing when you die, it gets up evenually and turns into a zombie? Wandering off to somwhere else on the map.

Would make a pretty fun task hunting your dead self down and trying to get the loot thats not ruined back from it.

That's a diferent topic...

I think it'd be very realistic to add zombies with loot and to differentiate the loot between the types of zombies. Like military zombies with camo gear, helmet and maybe a rare gun or just ammo. Or regular zombies with consumables that were often rotten or a map or compas?

Zombies are fictional, so devs can make them what they like;)

If zombies have only crappy loot, people will not loot them. If there's a chance they are carrying something more useful / rare, people would be tempted to check their loot. So I'd say go with mostly crappy loot with a small chance of better stuff too (maybe that's what you implied with your comment also).

They already made them how they want.

The reason they currently don't is becuase they despawn immediately for performance.

They will most likely spawn food, ammo, flares, empty cans, ect. Much like they did in the mod.

It was confirmed they will NOT spawn with clothes, because it would be hard on performance.

They already made them how they want.

The reason they currently don't is becuase they despawn immediately for performance.

They will most likely spawn food, ammo, flares, empty cans, ect. Much like they did in the mod.

It was confirmed they will NOT spawn with clothes, because it would be hard on performance.

Hmm, I wonder why spawning clothes is any different than spawning soda cans, ammo etc. Link to thread / dev blog maybe?

Hmm, I wonder why spawning clothes is any different than spawning soda cans, ammo etc. Link to thread / dev blog maybe?

spawning them actually ON the zed and having it be removed when the player removes it is what they were talking about, and what it sound's like your talking about.

and that dev blog was probably 5+ months ago, I don't remember exactly when, so I can't find it.

• Like 1

Agree! We don't want zombies carrying Mosins and M4s, but yh a can of beans, a rag, cloth, stuff like that would be good to see.

• Like 1

If zombies have only crappy loot, people will not loot them.

:)

It's the way it should be!

"Prey" should fear "predators". And if currently we are not very afraid of them, at least confrontation should be avoid since nothing good will come out.