Sign in to follow this  
wukons

Dayz: SA Public server setup?

Hi there,
New here, playing Day Z Stand Alone for like a month or something, really interested in opening a Public server on my VDS.
Is there are any chance of doing this? All I found by Googling around was Rules of server creation and the places where to rent servers. These servers are not for my pocket. I have like super sweet deal on a dedicated servers, so actually doing something with them would be good.
If you have some information of hosting own Day z: SA Public server please let me know by posting it below or shoot me a message.
Thanks.

Hi there, thanks for some response.
I maybe wasn't clear enough, sorry for my English.
What I mean't was, I am interested in finding an Tutorial or any information how to setup a Day Z:SA public server on my own VDS.
Thanks.

Hi there, thanks for some response.

I maybe wasn't clear enough, sorry for my English.

What I mean't was, I am interested in finding an Tutorial or any information how to setup a Day Z:SA public server on my own VDS.

Thanks.

Currrently not possible, as the serverfiles are not being released yet. The way it works is, that you have to stick to "Trusted" Server-Hosts. The reason for that is to stop Admin-Abuse and Private Hives going rampant.

We have seen it with the mod, as soon as the serverfiles were leaked and everyone could just create their own servers, it started happening with having 1,000,000 vehicle-servers and spawning with AS50. A lot of people really hated that, as it killed the essence of the DayZ Mod and in order to stop that they have gone down the route of having trusted hosts rather then public serverfiles.

• Like 2

Okay, thanks for info, seems about right, sad, but I still agree.
Thanks again.

Okay, thanks for info, seems about right, sad, but I still agree.

Thanks again.

Problem is the devs are keeping the code locked up tight thats why theres o comunity mods yet. Allowing people to host servers gives more people acess to the code essentailly putting the game at "further" risk to 3rd party software.

If anything they should lock stuff even tighter. Plenty of servers there blatantly ignoring the rules and kicking people off so the admin and his buddies can loot in peace. Keep reporting 'em and they keep coming down though :P

If anything they should lock stuff even tighter. Plenty of servers there blatantly ignoring the rules and kicking people off so the admin and his buddies can loot in peace. Keep reporting 'em and they keep coming down though :P

There are a ton of official servers that you do not have to worry about this on.. if someone wants to pay $70 a month to have their own little oasis let em. Its a waste of their time and money.. and a serious waste for anyone else to actually care. If a server says kick if join.. dont join. If a server kicks you.. dont joint it again, ever. Simple solutions. 

There are a ton of official servers that you do not have to worry about this on.. if someone wants to pay $70 a month to have their own little oasis let em. Its a waste of their time and money.. and a serious waste for anyone else to actually care. If a server says kick if join.. dont join. If a server kicks you.. dont joint it again, ever. Simple solutions. 

So they can pay for easy gear and break the hive "economy" so to speak. The rules are there for a reason. I just report these tossers and move on to the next. If the devs set rules for server hosting then they oughta enforce them.

I dont understand the alure of paying for these servers thye are ALL the same.